new to site

Old April 17th 05, 08:24 PM

Default new to site

I started checking the cat sites recently because I am caring for 6 to 7
cats left in my neighborhood after hurricane Ivan in October. There
were a lot of houses totally destroyed and the owners of the cats did
not take them when they evacuated. Somehow these precious creatures
found me and I have taken one inside and I feed the rest. I have been
hoping that I would find the owners of the remaining cats.

If I could I would bring all of them inside. The only problem is I have
a nine year old cat, the one new cat, and 2 elderly dogs. I shouldn't
say that is the only problem. If I take anymore cats in they would have
to be altered or spayed, tested and vaccinated against all the feline
diseases and rabies, dewormed and have ears checked for mites. The
little one I took in is a boy and it cost me $186. The next one I want
to bring in is a girl and I understand the spaying is more expensive.

My older cat does not get along with the new cat because of the age
difference. The new cat wants to play and run all the time. I do not
allow either of them to go outside. My older cat has never been outside
because I got him directly from his mother. The younger one tries to
sneak out when he sees the stray cats, but I don't let him out because
of the dangers of illness and other animals attacking him.

If anyone has heard of someone from the Navarre, Florida area who is
missing a cat since the hurricane please tell them about me. I have 2
gray, 1 black, 2 grey striped and white and one red and white. Each cat
has something a little special about it's marking so I could tell if it
really belonged to the person who contacts me.

Until and unless an owner notifies me I will continue feeding the cats
and looking after them as best as I can.

Cat Lady from Navarre FL

Just remember that it's a grand illusion

Deep inside we're all the same

STYX

The truth is out there.

X-files

new site tjspetemporium Cats - misc 2 April 8th 05 01:59 PM
new site tjspetemporium Cat health & behaviour 0 April 8th 05 12:08 AM
[OT] Away Some & Web Site CatNipped Cat anecdotes 8 November 8th 04 04:21 PM
Feedback on stressed in the city site Daniel Lesser Cat health & behaviour 2 April 26th 04 03:02 PM
A site of value Christine Burel Cat anecdotes 4 December 21st 03 06:47 PM