Home at last!

Old March 20th 07, 02:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Home at last!

Last week, my company sent me to Boston to work with some of the
engineers in our Concord (Massachusetts) office. The plan was for me
to fly out on Monday, work from Tuesday to Thursday, and fly back on
Friday. That was the "mystery" behind my St Patrick's Day post. The
reason I was cryptic about it was that I don't like to announce to
the world at large that I am thousands of miles from home. Hey, world!
My house is empty, come rob it!

However, on Friday, the region was deluged by a big snowstorm. Flights
were canceled left and right, and I was stranded in Boston for a couple
of extra days. I was upset because I missed my kitties as it was, poor
Roxy was boarded at the vet hosptial, and I didn't have enough of my
regular medication to last until my flight back, which had been
rescheduled for very early Sunday morning. Plus I had to shell out for
two extra nights in a hotel (which I hope my employer will pay for!).

But now I'm home, and I got quite the welcome back from the 4-foots.
No pooping in shoes from this gang. They've been all over me. Yesterday,
Smudge couldn't decide whether she wanted to go outside (since she'd
been cooped up inside all week), or hang out with me. When I let her
out, she would yowl for me to come out and play with her. So I spent
at least an hour outside, petting her, and taking a little walk with her
(she loves that), and that seemed to make her happy.

One fun thing I did while I was there (pre-snowstorm) was get together
with Takayuki and Suz! We met at Suz's house, Tak brought Indian food,
and we hung out for a couple of hours gossiping about RPCA. (OK, just
a little.) I got to see Spicey for only a few minutes, because she was
very freaked out by there being strangers in her home, so she was in
"protector" mode, as Suz explained. She really was rather fearsome, and
glared at us with her ears pinned back and a long, low growl issuing
forth. Poor girl!

I hope that the next time my boss decides that I need to work with the
co-workers in Massachusetts, it will happen at a more hospitable time
of year!

Joyce
Old March 20th 07, 04:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

wrote:
But now I'm home, and I got quite the welcome back from the 4-foots.
No pooping in shoes from this gang. They've been all over me. Yesterday,
Smudge couldn't decide whether she wanted to go outside (since she'd
been cooped up inside all week), or hang out with me. When I let her
out, she would yowl for me to come out and play with her. So I spent
at least an hour outside, petting her, and taking a little walk with her
(she loves that), and that seemed to make her happy.

Smudge is so cute. They sure must be glad to be with meowmie again!

One fun thing I did while I was there (pre-snowstorm) was get together
with Takayuki and Suz! We met at Suz's house, Tak brought Indian food,
and we hung out for a couple of hours gossiping about RPCA. (OK, just
a little.) I got to see Spicey for only a few minutes, because she was
very freaked out by there being strangers in her home, so she was in
"protector" mode, as Suz explained. She really was rather fearsome, and
glared at us with her ears pinned back and a long, low growl issuing
forth. Poor girl!

I expected Spicey to treat me as the evil intruder hoomin. I love
her, but my love is never returned. She was really offended at the
commotion I made when Suz and I were talking into the speakerphone,
and I was waving at your car out the window and going out onto the
balcony. But it was very good and fun to see you and Suz!

Old March 20th 07, 05:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
badwilson

Hey, welcome back! That's so cool you got to meet Tak and Suz! I'm
jealous. Any pictures?
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness

Old March 20th 07, 06:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

badwilson wrote:

Hey, welcome back! That's so cool you got to meet Tak and Suz! I'm
jealous. Any pictures?

No pictures, unfortunately. None of us brought a camera, not mentioning
any names.

These kitties of mine still haven't quite gotten over the fact that
mommy's home. They're being so cuddly. I just spent about an hour with
Licky purring in my arms, and now he wants more!

Joyce
Old March 20th 07, 11:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
SuzQ

Tak said:
I expected Spicey to treat me as the evil intruder hoomin. I love
her, but my love is never returned. She was really offended at the
commotion I made when Suz and I were talking into the speakerphone,
and I was waving at your car out the window and going out onto the
balcony. But it was very good and fun to see you and Suz!

I do think that was a big part of it. She wasn't too uptight when Tak got
there. But the noise and excitment set her off. She did calm down a bit as
time went on.

I was worried about your flight getting out Joyce. I hope you had a place
to stay. Onece I relaxed I really enjoyed your visit. It was fun talking
to both of you.

Old March 22nd 07, 09:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

wrote:

[...]

I'm glad to hear you are back home at last with your kitties. I didn't
know that Spicey can be so fearsome!
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek