help

Old February 25th 10, 11:26 PM
kaia kaia is offline
Junior Member

Exclamation help

Hello everyone, just a month ago my family became the happy owners of a 6 month old bengal kitten, She seems to have aquired a quite horrible habit of pooping on our beds. She also uses her litter but if we forget the bedroom doors open she prefers to poop on the bed.I tried sprinkling lavender oil on the beds ,but it does not help.Keeping the bedroom doors shut helped, but the children ,sometimes forget to shut and then....and it cant be a permanant solution.
Old February 26th 10, 01:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

Default help

--
kaia

When an animal defecates or urinates inappropriately you must rule out
medical before behavioral. Bengal are very territorial and are know to be
jealous very easily.

Animals also sense problems in the environment can and react to them

also do you only have one box you may want to add another one

Old February 26th 10, 03:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, Matthew exclaimed (2/25/2010 8:09 PM):
"kaia" wrote in message
Hello everyone, just a month ago my family became the happy owners of a
6 month old bengal kitten, She seems to have aquired a quite horrible
habit of pooping on our beds. She also uses her litter but if we forget
the bedroom doors open she prefers to poop on the bed.I tried sprinkling
lavender oil on the beds ,but it does not help.Keeping the bedroom doors
shut helped, but the children ,sometimes forget to shut and then....and
it cant be a permanant solution.

--
kaia

When an animal defecates or urinates inappropriately you must rule out
medical before behavioral. Bengal are very territorial and are know to be
jealous very easily.

Animals also sense problems in the environment can and react to them

also do you only have one box you may want to add another one

Also, I'd not bother with the lavender oil. My cat, at least, *loves*
the smell of lavender.

jmc
Old February 26th 10, 05:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

"kaia" wrote in message

Hello everyone, just a month ago my family became the happy owners of a
6 month old bengal kitten, She seems to have aquired a quite horrible
habit of pooping on our beds. She also uses her litter but if we forget
the bedroom doors open she prefers to poop on the bed.I tried sprinkling
lavender oil on the beds ,but it does not help.Keeping the bedroom doors
shut helped, but the children ,sometimes forget to shut and then....and
it cant be a permanant solution.
--
kaia

Sounds like you need some training.....For the children! - Teach them to
strip the bed and run everything through the laundry, and then remake the
bed.....You will be amazed at how well they will be able to remember to keep
the bedroom door shut......

Old February 26th 10, 09:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Petzl

Hello everyone, just a month ago my family became the happy owners of a
6 month old bengal kitten, She seems to have aquired a quite horrible
habit of pooping on our beds. She also uses her litter but if we forget
the bedroom doors open she prefers to poop on the bed.I tried sprinkling
lavender oil on the beds ,but it does not help.Keeping the bedroom doors
shut helped, but the children ,sometimes forget to shut and then....and
it cant be a permanant solution

--
kaia

WITHOUT ANGER
as soon as is detected LIGHTLY but firmly prees cats nose in it
then put cat/kitten in litter box
Won't happen agan
Petzl
--
"Dieu est mon droit" God is my right
Old February 26th 10, 03:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

"Petzl" wrote in message

Hello everyone, just a month ago my family became the happy owners of a
6 month old bengal kitten, She seems to have aquired a quite horrible
habit of pooping on our beds. She also uses her litter but if we forget
the bedroom doors open she prefers to poop on the bed.I tried sprinkling
lavender oil on the beds ,but it does not help.Keeping the bedroom doors
shut helped, but the children ,sometimes forget to shut and then....and
it cant be a permanant solution

--
kaia

WITHOUT ANGER
as soon as is detected LIGHTLY but firmly prees cats nose in it
then put cat/kitten in litter box
Won't happen agan
Petzl
--
"Dieu est mon droit" God is my right

WRONG all you did was just tell them where a good spot was to keep going.
That is outdated stone age backwards alpha male training

Old February 26th 10, 03:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

"Bill Graham" wrote in message

"kaia" wrote in message

Hello everyone, just a month ago my family became the happy owners of a
6 month old bengal kitten, She seems to have aquired a quite horrible
habit of pooping on our beds. She also uses her litter but if we forget
the bedroom doors open she prefers to poop on the bed.I tried sprinkling
lavender oil on the beds ,but it does not help.Keeping the bedroom doors
shut helped, but the children ,sometimes forget to shut and then....and
it cant be a permanant solution.
--
kaia

snipped

Great useless advice from the stone age

Old February 26th 10, 06:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MLB[_2_]

"kaia" wrote in message
Hello everyone, just a month ago my family became the happy owners of a
6 month old bengal kitten, She seems to have aquired a quite horrible
habit of pooping on our beds. She also uses her litter but if we forget
the bedroom doors open she prefers to poop on the bed.I tried sprinkling
lavender oil on the beds ,but it does not help.Keeping the bedroom doors
shut helped, but the children ,sometimes forget to shut and then....and
it cant be a permanant solution.
--
kaia

snipped

Great useless advice from the stone age

For a kitten: Make sure a clean litter pan (or two) is easily
accessible le. Place the kitten gently in the pan and help it make
scratching motions with its paw, then press (gently) it's rear into
sitting position. I have seen tiny kittens instinctively run as fast as
their tiny legs can move them to get to a pan. But it has to be close
at hand. Remember, this is a baby. And forget the nose trick -- that
is disgusting. Best wishes. MLB
Old February 26th 10, 06:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Stan Brown

Fri, 26 Feb 2010 20:21:49 +1100 from Petzl :
"Dieu est mon droit" God is my right

You do realize you're misquoting, right? The second word is "et",
meaning "and".

http://wapedia.mobi/en/Talkieu_et_mon_droit
and many more.

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...
Old February 26th 10, 09:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene

First, as Matthew said, you must rule out any medical problems. Talk
to your vet and bring in a stool sample to check for parasites, etc.

Second, you should have several litter boxes in your house, especially
now that she's a kitten. Make sure they are easy to get in and out of
and are easily accessible. IMO, I would add a box in the bedroom she
goes into the most. Yes, it's not ideal, but it's a short-term thing
until she's using the boxes regularly.

Try offering boxes with different types of unscented litter to find
out what she likes the best. There is even a litter designed to
attract cats called Cat Attract (it does help, I've used it).

Also, thoroughly wash all bedding using an enzymatic cleaner (and lots
of it). Cover the bed(s) with a plastic sheet or a plastic carpet
runner with the spokes facing up to deter her from going there.