[OT] Another purr request, I'm afraid

Old May 20th 05, 05:31 AM
Yowie

Default [OT] Another purr request, I'm afraid

ANother purr request, I'm afraid.

This time, for me.

Had a long chat to a friend, who gently hinted I too may have the depression
bug. And now I've admitted it to myself, she's right. I am depressed. It
feels like i'm the only carrying the burden of our family, Joel got
post-natal depression rather than me, and I've been trying to carry him, and
of course, make sure Cary is OK too, plus work full time to make sure we
have enough money to pay for everything. I have had a whole 5 hours "off"
since Cary was born ("off" meaning not looking after the baby, or beign at
work, or doing housework, or doing errands, or being asleep at night. ie,
time to do something for myself without also having to keep an "eye out" for
Cary) because I've been trying so hard to go easy on Joel so his depression
doens't get worse.... And I've finally just cracked (tears)

So while its not urgent, and I *will* get better, if there are spare purrs
down the back of the couch or under the fridge, I wouldn't mind a few too.

Yowie

Old May 20th 05, 06:01 AM
Hopitus

Your baby boy is about the age of my grandbaby and they really keep you
hopping @ that age on up, Yowie.
That alone gets annoying not to mention depressing; you can't take your eyes
off them for a minute unless, of course, they're strapped down in highchair
or something!
Have you talked to your doctor about the whole thing?
There is lots of different meds to help your mental situation, and I assume
you're not nursing Cary so you could take any your doc recommends. I know
you have multiple friends and if you could confide in any, maybe they could
help you get a "break" or "time-out" from your duties @ home. My Deadly Duo
(they got very lazy now that MileHigh has finally warmed up) sends strong
and
optimistic purrs to you and yours. Tears sometimes are
*good*, you know....maybe our purrs will get there sooner than when we lived
in s. FL (they'll go southwest now, I think, LOL). Warmest wishes for
improvement
in every way.

Old May 20th 05, 06:06 AM
Melissa Houle

Yowie wrote in message
ANother purr request, I'm afraid.

("off" meaning not looking after the baby, or beign at
work, or doing housework, or doing errands, or being asleep at night. ie,
time to do something for myself without also having to keep an "eye out"

for
Cary) because I've been trying so hard to go easy on Joel so his

depression
doens't get worse.... And I've finally just cracked (tears)

So while its not urgent, and I *will* get better, if there are spare purrs
down the back of the couch or under the fridge, I wouldn't mind a few too.

Yowie

Purrs and Hugs....

Even when two people embark upon parenthood with joy, a baby human being is
an exhausting person to care for, and you've been trying to help Joel, as
well. You've been carrying a heavy load. Don't apologize for finally
reaching a breaking point. Joel surely realizes that, and must realize he
needs to do a bit more so that you don't wear yourself out completely.

You have recognized the trouble, which is the first step toward getting the
help you need to solve the problem.

Melissa

Old May 20th 05, 06:23 AM
wafflycat

"Yowie" wrote in message
ANother purr request, I'm afraid.

This time, for me.

Take as many as you need!

gentle *hugs* helen s

Old May 20th 05, 06:59 AM
Bev

Yowie wrote:

[...]

Go to the doctor and get some anti depressants, it is not as if you have
to take them forever. They are just a crutch that will help you over a
bad patch. Of course you will get over it but it doesn't hurt to have
some help.

Love and purrs,

Bev
--
Cats aren't clean, they're just covered with cat spit.
Old May 20th 05, 08:35 AM
Yoj

Lots of purrs on the way, Yowie.

(((((((((((Yowie)))))))))))

Joy

Old May 20th 05, 08:47 AM
Exocat

For Yowie: Purrs, woofs & best wishes extracted from loft, basement,
shed at the bottom of the garden and the locked room that nobody's
allowed to enter..........

Seriously, here's hoping you get some breaks & recover soon.

Gordon, Bandit, Snowball & Raki

"Yowie" wrote

Old May 20th 05, 08:52 AM
Tish Silberbauer

Oh sweetie, biiiiig hugs to you from me, Dave, the
cat-with-little-brain (aka Persephone), Brains (aka Spock),
SheWhoMustBeObeyed (Mistress Ted), the d*gs and my Mum.

Is Cary at an age now where he can be left with his aunt & cousin or
grandparents for a night to give you and Joel a "night off" and some
time to yourself? I know that my SIL did that when her first was
about a year old and it did her marriage and sanity a world of good.
She has been doing it regularly ever since (about once every couple of
months, as far as I can tell).

Hugs,
Tish

Old May 20th 05, 12:27 PM
SuzQ

Purrs a comin' hang in there.
Suz&Spicey

Purr Request [OT] CatNipped Cat anecdotes 35 February 27th 05 03:51 PM
Purr request (long) Elise Cat anecdotes 59 November 26th 04 02:09 AM
Purr request Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 45 October 31st 04 01:02 PM
Purrs on the way for Frank's surgery Sam Nash Cat anecdotes 36 October 28th 04 10:36 PM
Another purr request I'm afraid Exocat Cat anecdotes 51 September 10th 04 02:53 PM