The Adventure of Jeff, Robin, and The Mouse!

Old June 21st 05, 05:35 PM
CATherine

Default The Adventure of Jeff, Robin, and The Mouse!

The enclosed porch has a mouse highway near the door that Robin and
Djoser watch assiduously. We are usually watching tv when we hear a
Crash, Bang!(cans of bolts and nails) We know what that means. As we
struggle out of our comfy chairs, the victorious cat runs through the
room headed for the bedroom, followed by Djoser. Sheba meets them at
the doorway to the kitchen, allowing me to get past her and prevent
the run to the bedroom.

Robin runs into the kitchen and is backed up against the cupboard in
the corner, growling. Djoser keeps a close watch from the stove. Sheba
runs up to try to get the mouse but Robin slaps her. She backs off
growling. I am still guarding the pathway to the bedroom. Jeff steps
into the kitchen and tries to pick up Robin to put him on the porch
with his mouse. He has been successful at that before. But this time
Robin slaps at him with claws.

So Jeff goes and gets his heavy leather gloves. He again tries to get
Robin. But Robin is too wily to be caught again. So Jeff backs off,
figuring maybe with his gloves he can catch the mouse when Robin lets
it go to play with. After everyone gets still, like an audience at the
theater, Robin drops the mouse. It is quite lively. Robin is proud to
show his skill and athletic ability to his admiring audience.

He lightly slaps the mouse as it heads here and there, trying to find
escape. It runs along under the toe space under the cupboards. Robin
lies down and stretches out a long arm, casually herding the mouse
back into the playing arena. Jeff has his gloved hand at the end of
the cupboard area, so it can't escape. Then the mouse runs the other
way and Djoser wiggles his haunches, ready to grab it when it comes
far enough. Jeff switches position to that side of the end of the
cupboard. But Robin's long arm snags the mouse and brings it back to
him.

This back and forth game goes on for awhile until the mouse gets tired
and bed-raggled. Since it is not so lively anymore, Robin takes to
flinging it in the air and catching it. Jeff tried to catch it; but he
is nowhere near as fast and agile as Robin. Finally, Robin has showed
off enough and takes his reward. He crunches the mouse and everyone
leaves him in peace.

Jeff and I go back to our movie. Pretty soon Robin goes back to the
mouse highway. Djoser is nearby in case Robin misses.

--
CATherine
Old June 21st 05, 05:41 PM
Adrian

CATherine wrote:
[...]

Great story, it's a shame you didn't have a video camera handy.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old June 22nd 05, 05:14 AM
Marina

CATherine wrote:

Jeff and I go back to our movie. Pretty soon Robin goes back to the
mouse highway. Djoser is nearby in case Robin misses.

Great story, Catherine. judging from her skill with toy mousies, I
suspect Miranda may make a fine huntress. We will see when we get to the
island. Too bad she'll miss the tutoring from Nikki. I'm sure she would
have taught Miranda to hunt in no time.

--
Marina, Frank and Miranda. In loving memory of Nikki.
Old June 23rd 05, 02:39 AM
CATherine

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 07:14:35 +0300, Marina
wrote:

CATherine wrote:

Jeff and I go back to our movie. Pretty soon Robin goes back to the
mouse highway. Djoser is nearby in case Robin misses.

Great story, Catherine. judging from her skill with toy mousies, I
suspect Miranda may make a fine huntress. We will see when we get to the
island. Too bad she'll miss the tutoring from Nikki. I'm sure she would
have taught Miranda to hunt in no time.

I am sure Miranda will do Nikki proud anyway.

--
CATherine
Old June 23rd 05, 02:43 AM
CATherine

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 17:41:23 +0100, "Adrian" wrote:

CATherine wrote:

Jeff and I go back to our movie. Pretty soon Robin goes back to the
mouse highway. Djoser is nearby in case Robin misses.

Great story, it's a shame you didn't have a video camera handy.

I am sure Robin would have loved being a film star!

--
CATherine