Tom Cat won’t breed with in-season queen!??

Old July 10th 08, 02:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

Default Tom Cat won't breed with in-season queen!??

"Janet Boss" wrote in message

nor are their animals winding up in shelters. Your argument that those
homes would/should adopt a shelter animal instead is without legs.

It just floors me when pro-breeder fruitcakes use the argument "if they
couldn't get a pedigree they wouldn't adopt a shelter cat". You know what?
HOORAYYYYYYYY! If a person is too much of a snob to adopt a cat just for
the sake of loving cats then that person *SHOULDN'T* have a cat, they should
buy a Mercedes to show the world how big their dick is.

Old July 10th 08, 06:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

"cshenk" wrote in message
"Phil P." wrote

Bu bu but didn't you already say you get your animals from shelters???
Your
sleazy guilt trip didn't even get off the ground. lol

Is there some reason why you seem to get off on insulting others? I have
not insulted you even once but you've deliberately done so to me several
times in just one evening.

This time you called me sleazy for adopting rescue pets?

I'm asking you again to let this newsgroup be as a nice place that it has
been for the 4 months or so I have been here. We dont need insults. It's
irrelevant if you have been here longer. It's only relevant how you act.

Than leave don't let the door knob hit you where the good lord split ya'

Phil is one of the main people here one of the main influences here He has
been here for YEARS

He help save three of my cats Do you think I or anyone else gives a ****
what some dumb dog bitch and some 4 month newbie wants.

I WANT PHIL HERE If you don't like how he is kill file him or STFU and
move one.

Old July 10th 08, 06:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

"Janet Boss"

God this is an ignorant want a be breed b@tch

IN the flush file she goes. People move on she is a waste of breath

Old July 10th 08, 07:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Janet

"Janet Boss" wrote in message
In article Sbfdk.355$iU.153@trndny02, "Phil P."
wrote:

Yeah- I'm a fanatic- I'm fanatical about preventing as many deaths as I
can.

But your "logic" is illogical. If someone wants a well bred and well
socialized animal of a specific breed, they are NOT necessarily (in
fact, rarely) going to go to a shelter and adopt cat or dog "x".

You need to take your head out of your ass and take a walk through a kill
shelter on kill day- then see if you still think there's nothing wrong
with
breeding more animals.

I've been spending many years in "kill" shelters TYVM. What do I see?
The castoff of the IRRESPONSIBLE. Education, education, education,
low-cost S/N, TNR, training, counseling. These are things that stop
filling shelters, not banning RESPONSIBLE breeding.

--
Janet Boss
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com

A while back on this thread I asked, very innocently, if there were
generally understood "rules" for responsible cat breeders the way there are
for dog breeders. You know, spay/neuter contracts, rehoming, health
testings, etc.

To date, no one has answered my question.

At this point I'm assuming that it is because either there are no such cat
breeders, or that anyone who dares to answer the question will be flamed
within an inch of their lives by some of the posters here.

BTW, IMHO Janet Boss is correct: that the people to go after and try hard to
change are the people who randomly let their cats breed and do nothing to
ensure that they have good lifetime homes and don't produce more cats. The
public needs to be taught what a responsible breeder is, the importance of
dealing only with such an individual or a shelter, and how to find one. I
also agree that people who want a pet with a certain appearance and a
certain temperament--ie, a recognizable "breed"--are not necessarily going
to adopt a shelter animal of unknown provenance and breeding if the desired
animal is not available. They MAY go to the breed rescue organization and
adopt there instead. (Of course, the breed rescues are usually run by
responsible breeders....at least in the dog world.)

Before you leap on me, I have a [spayed, not declawed, indoor] cat found by
me as a stray and subsequently adopted through our local cat rescue
organization, and a [spayed] "purebred"--read puppymill product bought by
ignoramuses and dumped in a shelter--dog adopted through breed rescue.

Old July 10th 08, 07:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Janet Boss

In article ,
"Janet" wrote:

A while back on this thread I asked, very innocently, if there were
generally understood "rules" for responsible cat breeders the way there are
for dog breeders. You know, spay/neuter contracts, rehoming, health
testings, etc.

To date, no one has answered my question.

At this point I'm assuming that it is because either there are no such cat
breeders, or that anyone who dares to answer the question will be flamed
within an inch of their lives by some of the posters here.

Cat breed clubs appear to have very similar COEs to dog breed clubs, so
I venture to say that the answer is yes.

As far as anyone answering your question without using expletives and
offering breeder bashing, good luck on that!

I have 2 more dogs than you do, but my cat is indoor (welcome to be out
with us, but he prefers indoors), not declawed, shelter adoptee. My one
purebred dog is puppymill breeding through a breed rescue (after failure
in 2 homes and 2 shelters stays at the tender age of 5.5 months), and my
oldest dog is a mixed breed, surrendered to the shelter by her first
owner at 20 months, and she's 11.5 years old now. My youngest is a
purebred, responsibly bred dog of a breed that TG, is extremely rare to
find in a shelter or rescue. A breed not without health problems, but
breeders are working hard to eliminate those. It's not a simple task,
but a worthwhile one.

Old July 10th 08, 07:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Janet

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Janet Boss" wrote in message

nor are their animals winding up in shelters. Your argument that those
homes would/should adopt a shelter animal instead is without legs.

It just floors me when pro-breeder fruitcakes use the argument "if they
couldn't get a pedigree they wouldn't adopt a shelter cat". You know
what? HOORAYYYYYYYY! If a person is too much of a snob to adopt a cat
just for the sake of loving cats then that person *SHOULDN'T* have a cat,
they should buy a Mercedes to show the world how big their dick is.

It's my observation that there's a big difference between most people's
assumptions around cat owning and dog owning, and that it affects how they
select them.

People don't expect much of cats. They make all kinds of justifications why
it's fine to have a cat that is unfriendly, scratches or bites, destroys the
furniture, etc. They don't expect to train the cat to be a "good citizen." A
lot of people's cat care routine consists of just filling the dishes and
scooping. Some people just open the door and let their cat roam at will.
Their cat isn't going to be picked up by the local animal control officer,
and they aren't going to be required to license it. If some day the cat
doesn't return, they just shrug and get another one from the shelter. And so
on.

Sure, there are plenty of dog owners out there that are just about as bad.
But even the most neglected dog is a hell of a lot more work and more
expensive to own than the average cat. All of which means that cats are even
more disposable than dogs to most people. Unfortunately.

Old July 10th 08, 08:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"Janet" wrote in message

But even the most neglected dog is a hell of a lot more work and more
expensive to own than the average cat.

ROTFLMAOWTIME!!! Ohmygawd, ohmygawd, I can't stop gasping from laughter! I
think I may have peed a little bit!!!

If *NOTHING* else has proved your ignorance about cats to the world, this
one statement is all it would take!

Old July 11th 08, 12:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Janet" wrote in message

But even the most neglected dog is a hell of a lot more work and more
expensive to own than the average cat.

ROTFLMAOWTIME!!! Ohmygawd, ohmygawd, I can't stop gasping from laughter!
I think I may have peed a little bit!!!

If *NOTHING* else has proved your ignorance about cats to the world, this
one statement is all it would take!

She is a total nut job ain't she I am glad I put her in the kill file

Old July 11th 08, 01:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

"cybercat" wrote

Some folks want pedigree animals. To assume they will just take
anything
from the local pet pound is a mistake.

"Anything"? Poor choice of words for shelter animals.

There are millions of animals already here to choose from.

Anyone who could ever even just stand in a room at a single shelter
and see all the beautiful cats that need homes--just one shelter, with
a tiny fraction of the animals who suffer and die due to overpopulation--
and support breeders or breeding under any circumstances is not
someone I want to know.

Cybercat, that was a quote of another, not me.

Old July 11th 08, 01:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

"CatNipped" wrote
"cshenk" wrote

special circumstance from a reputable breeder who didnt believe in
killing the occasional 'mistakes' (and they ALL have them)

OK, after writing the above, you can still be a proponent of breeding??!
It's OK for breeders to produce all these "defected cats" who are only
expected to live 5 years???! Your own words condemn you and argue against
you, you're just too dense to see it!

Excuse me? I did NOT post as a proponet of breeders! I said i rescued one
pet from a reputable one who had a flawed kitty that should not breed.

You dont have to be a pedigreed cat to have a batch with one that is the
runt of the litter. I rescued the runt of the litter. That can happen
anytime. Just like humans sometimes have a baby that has a disability, you
do not toss such out but care for them.

The Queen of Darkness gets everywhere! Lesley Cat anecdotes 3 July 23rd 07 01:20 AM
Dear Queen Nox....... Mischief Cat anecdotes 4 June 9th 07 12:23 AM
The Undisputed Queen Pat Cat anecdotes 3 March 19th 07 09:00 AM
Queen of The World! Marina Cat anecdotes 8 August 15th 03 05:08 PM