Tom Cat won’t breed with in-season queen!??

Old July 9th 08, 04:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

Default Tom Cat won't breed with in-season queen!??

"Janet Boss" wrote in message
In article Z%Cck.350$rb1.46@trndny08, "Phil P."
wrote:

As long as you're breeding cats while cats are dying in shelters because
there aren't enough homes- you can bet your "irresponsible,
morally bankrupt" ass you're doing something wrong.

Not if the OP is contributing to that shelter population with
responsible breeding practices.

"Responsible breeding"... is an oxymoron. The words just don't go
together.Kinda like "Best Friends" and "choking/shocking".

Sorry - I don't think there is the
slightest thing wrong with wanting a responsibly bred animal.

Of course you don't. Most of your inept customers have pedigreed animals,
don't they?

You also don't think there is the slightest thing wrong with choking and
shocking dogs and declawing cats. Animal ethics and animal welfare issues
just aren't your strong suits.

Go after
the folks who aren't. They're the ones filling shelters.

All breeders are contributing to filling shelters- some directly- some
indirectly.

...and every top quality home you find for your intentionally bred cats,

is
one home less for a cat languishing in a shelter where she'll be

eventually
killed.

A fallacy,

As if you had a clue!

"Don't breed or buy while shelter pets die"

Old July 10th 08, 01:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Janet Boss

In article ,
Cheryl wrote:

This honestly is the real deal. So many just don't understand it.
just won't understand it.

Maybe because it's based on poor data and rhetoric? Responsible
breeders are neither filling the shelters nor costing shelter animals a
home. When will the zealots get THAT?

I've been doing shelter and rescue work since 1992 and have owned more
shelter/rescue/second hand pets than purebred purchased pets, so please
- I am very far from "understanding". I actually think and understand
instead of following AR propaganda.

--
Janet Boss
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com
Old July 10th 08, 02:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Janet Boss

In article ,
Cheryl wrote:

i wasn't even replying to you, but you snipped what I wrote about
the 'real deal'.

Snipping is appropriate in most forums, can't figure out why it isn't
here. Following a thread isn't that hard.

Repost

"Don't breed or buy while shelter pets die"

This honestly is the real deal. So many just don't understand it.
just won't understand it.

end Repost

It isn't rhetoric and it isn't a fairy tale. If there weren't
breeders pushing defective animals, the ones already here needing a
home would have one. Why is that so hard to understand?

The problem I have with your spiel is that you are claiming that all
breeders are producing ("pushing") defective animals. You have no
understanding of responsible breeding, or refuse to. Where are all of
the animals in need of homes coming from? Not responsible breeders, by
definition. Keep cleaning up the mess made by irresponsible
"breeders" and it's a vicious cycle of supporting THEM.

Old July 10th 08, 02:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

"Janet Boss" wrote in message
In article ,
Cheryl wrote:

This honestly is the real deal. So many just don't understand it.
just won't understand it.

Maybe because it's based on poor data and rhetoric?

Naa, I'd say its true. Its obvious that you're trying to defend breeders
because most of your inept customers have pedigreed dogs.

Responsible
breeders

...is a contradiction in terms. A "responsible breeder" wouldn't breed more
animals while millions of cats and dogs are killed every year because there
aren't enough homes.

are neither filling the shelters nor costing shelter animals a
home.

They most certainly are contributing to the overpopulation problem. They're
breeding more cats and dogs while millions of cats and dogs are killed every
year because there aren't enough homes, aren't they? If breeding was banned
or at least regulated, more home would be available to shelter animals. Its
really a simple concept- even for you to understand.

When will the zealots get THAT?

Probably when the morally bankrupt breeders understand there are too many
animals already-- we don't need any more.

I've been doing shelter and rescue work since 1992

Sure you have... What did you do, adopt a few pedigreed dogs and sell them
to your customers?

and have owned more
shelter/rescue/second hand pets than purebred purchased pets, so please
- I am very far from "understanding".

Wow! That's a really large sample size that can certainly be extrapolatated
to the rest of the country....

I actually think and understand

Yeah, you think and understand... you're just not very good at it: Here's
your thinking and understanding: 2 many animals + more animals = breed more
animals.

Old July 10th 08, 03:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Janet Boss

In article %Mddk.323$Z11.212@trndny05, "Phil P."
wrote:

Naa, I'd say its true. Its obvious that you're trying to defend breeders
because most of your inept customers have pedigreed dogs.

My clients are a very mixed bag. Most of them are very dedicated to
doing everything possible for their dogs, regardless of heritage.

Responsible
breeders

..is a contradiction in terms. A "responsible breeder" wouldn't breed more
animals while millions of cats and dogs are killed every year because there
aren't enough homes.

BZZZZT - apples and oranges. It's a true AR argument, but it doesn't
hold water.

They most certainly are contributing to the overpopulation problem. They're
breeding more cats and dogs while millions of cats and dogs are killed every
year because there aren't enough homes, aren't they?

Wrong again! There aren't enough responsible homes for the millions of
irresponsibly bred and placed animals. By the very nature of the
definition, responsible breeders are not placing in irresponsible homes
nor are their animals winding up in shelters. Your argument that those
homes would/should adopt a shelter animal instead is without legs.

If breeding was banned
or at least regulated, more home would be available to shelter animals. Its
really a simple concept- even for you to understand.

Incorrect! Any puppy is not necessarily the puppy someone wants.
Poorly bred and socialized animals are not what many are looking for.
Again, why should responsible owners have to clean up the mess made by
BYBs who never end?

I've been doing shelter and rescue work since 1992

Sure you have... What did you do, adopt a few pedigreed dogs and sell them
to your customers?

You're assinine.

Old July 10th 08, 03:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

"Cheryl" wrote
Janet Boss wrote in

Snipping is appropriate in most forums, can't figure out why it
isn't here. Following a thread isn't that hard.

The problem is when the software used doesnt add the right markers so you
cant tell later easily who said what. Snipping *is* good or it gets too
unwieldy.

Because the snipping is removing relavent parts of the
conversation. I believe in snipping, but not when it refers to
what I'm replying to.

This would be Charyl right?

It isn't rhetoric and it isn't a fairy tale. If there weren't
breeders pushing defective animals, the ones already here
needing a home would have one. Why is that so hard to
understand?

I cant tell who said this, doesnt matter. Fanatics think that way.
Fanatics like this had me leave the dog echo. If you said you had a puppy
everyone went 'sweet'. If you said your dog was having puppies, you were
attacked immediately. If you mentioned a responsible breeder, fanatics
attacked in droves.

I do NOT want to see this newsgroup devolve to the low level mentality of
that other one.

are intact. Breeders add to it by breeding so-called pure breds
that displace homes that could be one for the shelter animals.
Responsible breeders are only a small portion of the
overpopulation. Are you arguing responsible breeding or just
breeding? What are you so mad about with this thread?

Some get upset at ANY mention of allowing a pet to breed. Me, I have rescue
pets all around and only 1 (long ago, I'm older, old age took him away) came
from a breeder yet was also a 'rescue' pet in a way. 'Failure to thrive'
Himalayan from a reputable breeder and 'free to a good home if fixed on
time'. Came with medical records and an estimate he'd not live to see 5
years of age and never should be bred.
(Roscoe lived to be 13, was never more than 6.5 lbs, but was healthy right
up til the last day when he silently passed on in his sleep).

responsible breeders, by definition. Keep cleaning up the
mess made by irresponsible "breeders" and it's a vicious cycle
of supporting THEM.

There is nothing wrong with proper breeding of a pedigree to keep it around.
While I *choose* to have rescue pets, I do not denigrate those who desire to
have a relatively pure-bred (home level, not show level often) pet.

And how do regular people really know the difference?

They seldom do. This sets the fanatics off.

Old July 10th 08, 04:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

"cshenk" wrote in message
It isn't rhetoric and it isn't a fairy tale. If there weren't
breeders pushing defective animals, the ones already here
needing a home would have one. Why is that so hard to
understand?

I cant tell who said this, doesnt matter. Fanatics think that way.

Yeah- I'm a fanatic- I'm fanatical about preventing as many deaths as I can.

You need to take your head out of your ass and take a walk through a kill
shelter on kill day- then see if you still think there's nothing wrong with
breeding more animals.

Old July 10th 08, 04:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

wrote:

Naa, I'd say its true. Its obvious that you're trying to defend breeders
because most of your inept customers have pedigreed dogs.

My clients are a very mixed bag. Most of them are very dedicated to
doing everything possible for their dogs, regardless of heritage.

Yeah, like taking your class on shocking and chocking their dogs.... They're
a mixed bag, alright---

Responsible
breeders

..is a contradiction in terms. A "responsible breeder" wouldn't breed

more
animals while millions of cats and dogs are killed every year because

there
aren't enough homes.

BZZZZT - apples and oranges. It's a true AR argument, but it doesn't
hold water.

ROTFL! Its pure logic- that's why you don't understand. Lets try the math
again... 2 many pets + more pets, does not equal need more pets.

They most certainly are contributing to the overpopulation problem.

They're
breeding more cats and dogs while millions of cats and dogs are killed

every
year because there aren't enough homes, aren't they?

Wrong again!

It doesn't look like you know right from wrong.

There aren't enough responsible homes for the millions of
irresponsibly bred and placed animals.

Ya think? But there would be more homes available for shelter animals if
breeding was banned or regulated and taxed with the revenues going to
shelters. You don't need 100 breeders of a specific breed to "preserve" the
breed.

By the very nature of the
definition, responsible breeders are not placing in irresponsible homes
nor are their animals winding up in shelters.

Wow! You're really dense-- or you're an idiot. Its the not placing that's
the problem- its the BREEDING more animals.

Your argument that those
homes would/should adopt a shelter animal instead is without legs.

I can see why you think so... its too logical for you to understand.

If breeding was banned
or at least regulated, more home would be available to shelter animals.

Its
really a simple concept- even for you to understand.

Incorrect! Any puppy is not necessarily the puppy someone wants.
Poorly bred and socialized animals are not what many are looking for.

"Poorly bred and socialized animals"? You really are a dimwit. There are
millions of animals to choose from in shelters.

Again, why should responsible owners have to clean up the mess made by
BYBs who never end?

I've been doing shelter and rescue work since 1992

Sure you have... What did you do, adopt a few pedigreed dogs and sell

them
to your customers?

You're assinine.

You're not the rescue type.

Old July 10th 08, 05:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

"Phil P." wrote
"cshenk" wrote in message

Yeah- I'm a fanatic- I'm fanatical about preventing as many deaths as I
can.

You need to take your head out of your ass and take a walk through a kill
shelter on kill day- then see if you still think there's nothing wrong
with
breeding more animals.

Phil, this has been a nice group. I'm asking you to not try to change that.

I have never bred a pet. I have had only 1 'pedigree' pet and that was a
special circumstance from a reputable breeder who didnt believe in killing
the occasional 'mistakes' (and they ALL have them) but letting them free to
good homes to live out what time they have. I was advance warned Roscoe
would probably never make 5 years of age and be very expensive in vet bills.
If they could not find a home for him, they would have had to give him the
big silver needle but they found me. He was 'fixed' a little earlier than
normal because he was *not* to breed (genetics bad).

Some folks want pedigree animals. To assume they will just take anything
from the local pet pound is a mistake. The people you want to go after, is
the non-pedigree group with a heinz-57 they were too cheap to fix.

That said i am very impressed with my local K-9 organization. Sorry to be
slightly offtpic in a 'cat' group but I adopted a cat (Daisy- hard to place,
behavior related, took 18 months to get an offer) and a dog (Cash, beagle
mix with they think bull mastiff). Cash due to heartworms has heart damage
and was hard to place. He also due to the health problems could not be
fixed. It's the rare time you get a rescue dog who hasnt been fixed. They
have been emailing me and I've been passing back the Vet's info on him.
6SEP if all is well, he will be snipped. At that time he is presumed to be
just shy of 3 years old. He's been turned down twice already for snipping
earlier so we keep him closely held. His heart is not up to mating.

Old July 10th 08, 05:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

"Phil P." wrote
"Janet Boss" wrote in message

Wow! You're really dense-- or you're an idiot. Its the not placing that's
the problem- its the BREEDING more animals.

IE: No more cats allowed to have kittens. Fanatical to assume no more
kittensd as in 10-15 years we would not have domestic cats.

Your argument that those
homes would/should adopt a shelter animal instead is without legs.

I can see why you think so... its too logical for you to understand.

Phil, you are not able to think logically about this. You are talking to
people who mostly have cats from just such facilities.

You're not the rescue type.

What do you know about her other than your assumptions? You already told me
to 'take my head out of my ass' which is not condusive to actually
discussing an issue.

If you want to be an ass, you are doing fine. Folks will ignore you.

The Queen of Darkness gets everywhere! Lesley Cat anecdotes 3 July 23rd 07 01:20 AM
Dear Queen Nox....... Mischief Cat anecdotes 4 June 9th 07 12:23 AM
The Undisputed Queen Pat Cat anecdotes 3 March 19th 07 09:00 AM
Queen of The World! Marina Cat anecdotes 8 August 15th 03 05:08 PM