human got sick on tainted pet food

Old March 26th 07, 01:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

Default human got sick on tainted pet food

This morning I saw on the news that a woman got sick after eating her
dog's tainted food. The news story is at

http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/n...d844768c49&k=0

Old March 26th 07, 02:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

OK, I do a lot for my cats in getting them to eat but...........

oups.com...

Old March 26th 07, 03:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Mar 26, 8:36 am, "Karen" wrote:
OK, I do a lot for my cats in getting them to eat but...........

LOL! Me too. Although some of smells pretty good. :-)

Sherry

Old March 26th 07, 04:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gabey8

If criminal negligence turns out to be the cause of this disaster, the
harming or death of humans could bring the nature of the charges to a
whole new level.

I was wondering how long it would take until a human victim was sickened.
Some indigent people purchase pet food for their own consumption, and of
course the risk that a baby will eat from the family pet's dish is always
there. (

I hope the woman recovers. I sincerely doubt she'll be the only human
affected in this way.

Donna

Old March 26th 07, 05:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

Sherry wrote:
On Mar 26, 8:36 am, "Karen" wrote:
OK, I do a lot for my cats in getting them to eat but...........

LOL! Me too. Although some of smells pretty good. :-)

Sherry

My husband always samples it before he gives it to the cats. He says some
would be really good on crackers. I'll pass. :~)

kili

Old March 26th 07, 06:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

kilikini wrote:

Sherry wrote:

On Mar 26, 8:36 am, "Karen" wrote:

OK, I do a lot for my cats in getting them to eat but...........

LOL! Me too. Although some of smells pretty good. :-)

Sherry

My husband always samples it before he gives it to the cats. He says some
would be really good on crackers. I'll pass. :~)

But most of your resistance would likely disappear if you
didn't KNOW it was catfood! How many of us would have tried
squid or octopus, had we known what "calamari" was?
Although I'll try almost anything that's considered fit for
human consumption, it took me a long while to try escargots
- mainly because it's so expensive in American restaurants.
Once I dined with a friend who liked it, and sampled her
portion, I became a convert. (Although it's much better in
Europe, where the snails don't come out of a tin.) Actually,
I like even better the escargots I've found offered by
Brussels street-vendors - stewed in a broth of onion, celery
and lots of black pepper, rather than served in the shell
with parsley and garlic butter.
Old March 26th 07, 07:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ketzl's Dad

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 10:13:13 -0400, Sherry wrote:

On Mar 26, 8:36 am, "Karen" wrote:
OK, I do a lot for my cats in getting them to eat but...........

LOL! Me too. Although some of smells pretty good. :-)

Sherry

I have to admit, I've never been tempted by cat food, but when I had dogs,
some of their varieties were almost too good to resist. (I'm not talking
about Milk Bone Dog Biscuits: my cousin and I snacked on them more than
once.) I particular I seem to remember a chicken variety of dog food that
smelled delicious.

--
Joey DoWop Dee
Remember: It is To Laugh

Old March 26th 07, 08:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Sherry wrote:

On Mar 26, 8:36 am, "Karen" wrote:
OK, I do a lot for my cats in getting them to eat but...........

LOL! Me too. Although some of smells pretty good. :-)

I think all the food I feed my cats smells gross - I'd have to be pretty
hungry to be tempted to eat it. (They seem to like it just fine, though.)

Still, as Gabey8 wrote, there are plenty of people living in poverty who
end up eating dog or cat food because that's all they can afford.

Hope she's OK.

Joyce
Old March 26th 07, 08:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Mar 26, 1:42 pm, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"

But most of your resistance would likely disappear if you
didn't KNOW it was catfood! How many of us would have tried
squid or octopus, had we known what "calamari" was?
Although I'll try almost anything that's considered fit for
human consumption, it took me a long while to try escargots
- mainly because it's so expensive in American restaurants.
Once I dined with a friend who liked it, and sampled her
portion, I became a convert. (Although it's much better in
Europe, where the snails don't come out of a tin.)

I agreed. The best escargots I tasted were those served at a
restaurant in Paris years ago.

Winnie

Old March 26th 07, 09:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral

On Mar 26, 8:36 am, "Karen" wrote:
OK, I do a lot for my cats in getting them to eat but...........

LOL! Me too. Although some of smells pretty good. :-)

Sherry

I have to admit, I've never been tempted by cat food, but when I had dogs,
some of their varieties were almost too good to resist. (I'm not talking
about Milk Bone Dog Biscuits: my cousin and I snacked on them more than
once.) I particular I seem to remember a chicken variety of dog food that
smelled delicious.

--
Joey DoWop Dee
Remember: It is To Laugh

I remember sampling some dog biscuits at a friend's house when I was
very young. The result was very....disappointing, and her poor Scottie
sat there watching us, TOTALLLY not understanding why we were eating
his cookies and not offering him any!

Remember, we were both four, or so!

Melissa