Vet Visit

Old January 7th 05, 05:27 PM
Mathew Kagis

Default Vet Visit

Well, after a week of trying to treat the punk's conjunctivitis herbally, I
went to the Vet this morning. As I suspected, they both have a mild upper
respitory infection. So they're now on a week of Interferon & Pentamycetin.
I won't let Chablis have a word... She'd just say nasty things about the
hooman... I let the Dr. guy put a thermometer in the most undignified
spot!!!! The humiliation! Shorly after the temperature taking, she tried to
jump through the exam room window... LOL... Good thing I was there to catch
her when she bounced off. Anyway, all seems well & I'm sure Chablis's pride
will recover.

--
Mathew
Butler to 2 kittens: Chablis & Muscat

Old January 7th 05, 05:45 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

["Followup-To:" header set to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes.] On 2005-01-07,
Mathew Kagis penned:
Well, after a week of trying to treat the punk's conjunctivitis herbally, I
went to the Vet this morning. As I suspected, they both have a mild upper
respitory infection. So they're now on a week of Interferon & Pentamycetin.
I won't let Chablis have a word... She'd just say nasty things about the
hooman... I let the Dr. guy put a thermometer in the most undignified
spot!!!! The humiliation! Shorly after the temperature taking, she tried to
jump through the exam room window... LOL... Good thing I was there to catch
her when she bounced off. Anyway, all seems well & I'm sure Chablis's pride
will recover.

Poor girl! Makes me glad that Oscar is so terrified of the vet that she
effectively goes into kitty fetal position, unmoving, till we're out of the
building.

--
monique, roommate of Oscar the (female) grouch
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old January 7th 05, 08:58 PM
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 10:45:55 -0700, "Monique Y. Mudama"
yodeled:

[...]

Stinky, too. He fights like a tiger when I put him in the carrier,
but once he's in there, he's like Chris Walken in "The Deer Hunter."
This absolutely kills me-- he's cooperative with the vet, but it
upsets me much more to see him like that than if he continued to
fight.

Mimi was a complete demon at the vet. She was a tiny mite, and she
would always manage to squirt out of the vet's or tech's hands, and
head for the hills. I remember once the vet was crouching down to try
to get her out from under a desk, and he was muttering "It's *always*
the $@#$^! little ones!"

Theresa
Old January 7th 05, 09:23 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-07, Kreisleriana penned:
On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 10:45:55 -0700, "Monique Y. Mudama"
yodeled:

Stinky, too. He fights like a tiger when I put him in the carrier, but once
he's in there, he's like Chris Walken in "The Deer Hunter." This absolutely
kills me-- he's cooperative with the vet, but it upsets me much more to see
him like that than if he continued to fight.

I know what you mean, but honestly, I think in the long run it's better for
them to be this still.

Oscar forgave me for the vet visit the very same day, so I guess it wasn't
*too* traumatic.

Old January 8th 05, 04:55 AM
Marina

Kreisleriana wrote:
Mimi was a complete demon at the vet. She was a tiny mite, and she
would always manage to squirt out of the vet's or tech's hands, and
head for the hills. I remember once the vet was crouching down to try
to get her out from under a desk, and he was muttering "It's *always*
the $@#$^! little ones!"

LOL! Yep, my little Nikki, too. That cat knows some impressive swear words.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old January 11th 05, 05:07 AM
Julie Cook

Mathew Kagis wrote:

Well, after a week of trying to treat the punk's conjunctivitis herbally, I
went to the Vet this morning. As I suspected, they both have a mild upper
respitory infection. So they're now on a week of Interferon & Pentamycetin.
I won't let Chablis have a word... She'd just say nasty things about the
hooman... I let the Dr. guy put a thermometer in the most undignified
spot!!!! The humiliation! Shorly after the temperature taking, she tried to
jump through the exam room window... LOL... Good thing I was there to catch
her when she bounced off. Anyway, all seems well & I'm sure Chablis's pride
will recover.

I'm catching up with the ng after being away for 5 days, not to mention
two weeks of late nights preparing race cars for the first event of the
year. I've tried to send purrs and light candles when needed. My cats
send purrs for Chablis' visit to the vet.

I also wanted to share Sam's recent visit to TED which was last week. He
began coughing again and the vet felt he probably needed a booster shot
to help rid his kitty cold from his chest. So I loaded the 'old man'
into the carrier and off we went. While we were in the office someone
asked what he looked like. Its hard to see inside a Sherpa bag so I
opened it up and he popped his head out and looked around. After the
expected ohhhhs and ahhhs, he climbed out and sat on my lap, just as
calmly as if he were at home. He'd look at people talking as if he were
participating in the conversation. Of course the conversation was about
him and how calm he was and how big he was. He's only 13 lbs but he's a
long cat with big paws and head. When our turn came to go back to the
exam rooms I just laughed at him and said, "Come on, big boy, lets go"
and slung him over my shoulder like you would a baby and carried him
back. Everyone laughed at the cat face peeking over my shoulder. He
has become a special joy to me since adopting him. The people who left
him behind would have lost less had they left behind a diamond.

Julie and Sam
Old January 11th 05, 12:34 PM
Karen Chuplis

in article , Julie Cook at
wrote on 1/10/05 11:07 PM:

Mathew Kagis wrote:

[...]

He sure does sound like jewel.

Old January 11th 05, 05:28 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-11, Julie Cook penned:

[...]

Wow! I wouldn't dare do this with Oscar. It made me nervous enough that the
vet left the examining room door open a crack when he went to get stuff.

--
monique, roommate of Oscar the (female) grouch
Eros was adopted! Eros has a home now! *cheer!*

Sam's TED visit Steve Touchstone Cat anecdotes 6 January 6th 05 07:15 PM
Bunters visit JP Hobbs Cat anecdotes 4 December 15th 03 03:53 AM
Bonnie's first "real" vet visit Cheryl Cat health & behaviour 48 November 11th 03 11:10 PM
Weeble Update: 1st Officical Vet Visit Brenda Watkins Cat anecdotes 2 September 20th 03 04:22 AM
Rough Vet Visit, Aloof Cat Noreen Cooper Cat health & behaviour 16 August 18th 03 06:16 AM