Betty the rapper

Old December 4th 05, 06:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Betty the rapper

Betty likes giving paw touches. These range from light cotton-ball
touches with her paw fur, to paw pad pats, to full grabs.

A favorite target of Betty's paw touches is the face, mostly on the
cheek or nose, and the usual time when they occur is when we're in
bed. Face touches often come in multiples. Last week, I actually
counted them, and found that Betty gave me 18 paw touches in the span
of a few minutes. She was resting her head and paws on my upper arm,
and we were gazing into each other's eyes. Every few seconds, she'd
extend a paw, lightly stroke my cheek, and fold her paw under her.

Face touches only happen when I'm looking directly at Betty. Paw
touches to the face are reserved for acknowledging attention, not
getting attention. She won't paw touch if my eyes are closed, or if
I'm looking away.

When I was waking up yesterday, I found Betty in my arms as usual. I
looked into her eyes, and she reached out and touched my nose. I was
sleepy and closed my eyes. When I opened them, she touched my face
again. I shut my eyes and drifted off for a few moments.

But when I opened my eyes again, it was to an odd sight. Her paw was
extended towards me facing sideways with all the fingers splayed out
at me in a hip-looking gesture. At the same time, her head was tilted
with her face close to mine, and her mouth was open with her tongue
partway out.

Betty looked just like a hip-hop star mugging for the camera for a
music video or public service message! Was this her new and
progressive style of addressing her audience??

Then she started washing her paw. Oh. Probably she was about to give
a paw touch when she noticed that my eyes were closed, so just decided
hey, as long as it's out there she should clean it.

Old December 4th 05, 10:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Awww, how adorable! She is so gentle and considerate.
Lots and lots of purrs for Betty,
Polonca and Soncek

Takayuki wrote:
Betty likes giving paw touches. These range from light cotton-ball
touches with her paw fur, to paw pad pats, to full grabs.

A favorite target of Betty's paw touches is the face, mostly on the
cheek or nose, and the usual time when they occur is when we're in
bed. Face touches often come in multiples. Last week, I actually
counted them, and found that Betty gave me 18 paw touches in the span
of a few minutes. She was resting her head and paws on my upper arm,
and we were gazing into each other's eyes. Every few seconds, she'd
extend a paw, lightly stroke my cheek, and fold her paw under her.

Face touches only happen when I'm looking directly at Betty. Paw
touches to the face are reserved for acknowledging attention, not
getting attention. She won't paw touch if my eyes are closed, or if
I'm looking away.

snip

Old December 4th 05, 11:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Takayuki wrote:
[...]

LOLOL! If you hadn't opened your eyes, you may well have gotten a kitty
kiss on the cheek as well as a paw! As it was, she had to act all "cool",
you know.

Betty is such a *sweet* girl! Yes, she was probably trying to distract you
from the fact she was about to touch you. Like "Oh, I meant to do *this*"
instead. She is so cute.

Purrs she continues "rapping" (and tapping) with you for a long time.

Jill

Old December 4th 05, 06:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2005-12-04 00:43:54 -0600, Takayuki said:

[...]

You know she really is a special cat. And I think you are a special
companion to her.

Old December 4th 05, 07:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Takayuki wrote:
Betty likes giving paw touches. These range from light cotton-ball
touches with her paw fur, to paw pad pats, to full grabs.

Kumani does this all the time. It's cute until I get a paw up my
nostril.

Maybe Betty wants some bling for Christmas, yo. Or a dimebag of
catnip, or a new pillow for her crib.

Keep it real, Betty.

--Fil

Old December 4th 05, 09:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Takayuki wrote:

[...]

Betty is such a little sweetheart. Bast knew she was your first cat,
and she must have wanted that experience to really convince you how
wonderful kitty companions can be. I think pretty much all cats are
wonderful, but Betty is quite amazingly affectionate. You're one of
the really lucky ones!

Joyce
Old December 4th 05, 10:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Takayuki" wrote in message

Betty looked just like a hip-hop star mugging for the camera for a
music video or public service message! Was this her new and
progressive style of addressing her audience??

Then she started washing her paw. Oh. Probably she was about to give
a paw touch when she noticed that my eyes were closed, so just decided
hey, as long as it's out there she should clean it.

Even cats try on different style once and while I guess :-) You and Betty
are a wonderful combination.

Susan M
Otis and chester

Old December 5th 05, 05:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Takayuki" wrote in message
[...]

Betty is *such* a sweetie!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 5th 05, 11:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sun 04 Dec 2005 01:43:54a, Takayuki wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
):

snip
Then she started washing her paw. Oh. Probably she was about
to give a paw touch when she noticed that my eyes were closed,
so just decided hey, as long as it's out there she should clean
it.

One of my favorite things about cats. "I meant to do that".
Purrs for your lil girlie.

--
Cheryl
Old December 8th 05, 01:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Susan M" wrote:
"Takayuki" wrote in message
.. .

Then she started washing her paw. Oh. Probably she was about to give
a paw touch when she noticed that my eyes were closed, so just decided
hey, as long as it's out there she should clean it.

Even cats try on different style once and while I guess :-) You and Betty
are a wonderful combination.

She just tried yet another style on me yesterday. This time, she
pressed the tips of her paw pads firmly against my cheek.

Her toes felt like four tiny toasty grapes with skins the texture of
rich Corinthian leather. Then I saw the look of concentration on
Betty's little face, and I realized that she was actually trying to do
a Vulcan mind meld.

Betty giving directions Takayuki Cat anecdotes 38 October 21st 05 05:47 PM
Betty update Takayuki Cat anecdotes 29 September 26th 05 06:31 PM
Betty - possible bone cancer Takayuki Cat anecdotes 57 August 18th 05 11:54 PM
Parting with Betty Takayuki Cat anecdotes 8 January 28th 05 12:16 PM
Betty the bull L. Kelly Cat anecdotes 5 September 24th 03 05:45 PM