Springtime with Betty

Old April 14th 06, 06:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Springtime with Betty

Marina wrote:
I'm so sorry, Tak. Thankful though that you didn't take a picture from
another angle. I admit I'm a coward and couldn't bear to look at it. It
must be so hard to live with that (well, for Betty too, of course). Wish
there was something I could do.

Here's a picture of Betty's chin:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Takayuki9z/BettysChin.jpg

Don't worry! It's safe to look at. This picture is from August 2005,
right after Betty's biopsy. It shows her shaved chin and two stiches
from her operation. You can see that her jaw was already pulling a
little to the left. Things look a lot different there now.

Old April 14th 06, 06:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Takayuki wrote:

I know I haven't been posting much. It's hard talking about Betty
these days. But she's made it to spring! I took a picture of her a
few days ago when she started using her warm weather squirrel lookout
spot again, which has gone dusty and unused all season. I never
thought I'd see her there again:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Takayu...ettySpring.jpg

Thanks for posting, Tak. I'm so glad she's gotten to enjoy hanging out
on her spot to watch spring unfold, with all those exciting kitty TV
shows.

Purrs for her to be comfortable for the remaining time she has, and
to be able to savor her time with you. (And vice versa!)

Purrs for you both.

Joyce
Old April 14th 06, 06:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Takayuki" wrote in message
mlbriggs wrote:

Purring for Betty's comfort. MLB

Thank you. Comfort is a hard issue. Looking at Betty, I can't
possibly see how she could be comfortable. Her oncologist felt that
it would be cruel to keep her alive - and that was last month. But
Betty isn't giving me any sign that she's uncomfortable. It's
puzzling, but I'm glad.

I know it seemed like I kept my little poodle with me for way too long. She
was deaf and blind and couldn't get around very well. She had to be carried
outside and lifted onto the bed.

But she was not in pain, her nose still worked and she used it, she still
enjoyed her food, and she still liked to be close.

You know her better than anyone. And you have both worked very hard even if
it is just for one more spring, or one more day in the sun.

Jo

Old April 14th 06, 07:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Takayuki wrote:

But she's made it to spring! I took a picture of her a
few days ago when she started using her warm weather squirrel lookout
spot again, which has gone dusty and unused all season.

A lovely photo! All that warm spring sunshine must be good for her
well-being. She certainly looks like she is enjoying her lookout spot.
Many purrs for Betty, and you -

Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Old April 14th 06, 10:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Takayuki wrote in message
I know I haven't been posting much. It's hard talking about Betty
these days. But she's made it to spring! I took a picture of her a
few days ago when she started using her warm weather squirrel lookout
spot again, which has gone dusty and unused all season. I never
thought I'd see her there again:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Takayu...ettySpring.jpg

Betty's fur has filled out here, because she was taken off
chemotherapy last month.

She's a testament to your devotion Tak.

Jeanette

Old April 14th 06, 12:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Takayuki wrote:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Takayu...ettySpring.jpg

It's hard to believe from that picture that she is sick. Lots of purrs.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old April 14th 06, 12:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Takayuki wrote:
I know I haven't been posting much. It's hard talking about Betty
these days. But she's made it to spring! I took a picture of her a
few days ago when she started using her warm weather squirrel lookout
spot again, which has gone dusty and unused all season. I never
thought I'd see her there again:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Takayu...ettySpring.jpg

Betty's fur has filled out here, because she was taken off
chemotherapy last month.

Purrs for Betty to still enjoy life. Purrs for you to know when the time is
right.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old April 14th 06, 12:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Tak, so sorry about Betty, but glad she got to see spring. We've had a nice
one so far this year. Spicey still purrs for both of you.
Suz&Spicey

Old April 14th 06, 02:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Takayuki" wrote in message
I know I haven't been posting much. It's hard talking about Betty
these days. But she's made it to spring! I took a picture of her a
few days ago when she started using her warm weather squirrel lookout
spot again, which has gone dusty and unused all season. I never
thought I'd see her there again:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Takayu...ettySpring.jpg

Betty's fur has filled out here, because she was taken off
chemotherapy last month.

We're still purring for brave Betty.

Why was she taken off chemo, Tak? Was it the end of the treatment, or was
she having problems with it? What's her prognosis now?

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 14th 06, 02:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Takayuki wrote:
I know I haven't been posting much. It's hard talking about Betty
these days. But she's made it to spring! I took a picture of her a
few days ago when she started using her warm weather squirrel lookout
spot again, which has gone dusty and unused all season. I never
thought I'd see her there again:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Takayu...ettySpring.jpg

Betty's fur has filled out here, because she was taken off
chemotherapy last month.

Betty is gorgeous as always. I'm so glad she's made it to this point with
you, Tak. Really, she's a miracle kittie.

Jill

Betty the rapper Takayuki Cat anecdotes 14 December 9th 05 02:48 AM
Betty - possible bone cancer Takayuki Cat anecdotes 57 August 18th 05 11:54 PM
Parting with Betty Takayuki Cat anecdotes 8 January 28th 05 12:16 PM
Betty fantasy Takayuki Cat anecdotes 11 March 13th 04 09:10 PM
Video clip of Betty Takayuki Cat anecdotes 19 September 2nd 03 12:28 PM