Odessa's little indulgence

Old January 19th 07, 06:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

Default Odessa's little indulgence

I'm sure we can all say our cats are weird. Or maybe just quirky. And I
suppose we can get into a contest over this. And some days I look at one of
mine, scratch my head and go "What the...?"

Odessa, it seems, has a little shoe fetish going on. When she thinks no one's
looking she'll start rolling around on a shoe--mine or Louie's--and then sink
her little claws in and turn it around so she can stuff her head inside as
deeply as she can manage. I do want to stress that the shoes are not being
worn at the time, otherwise I'd be sending this to one of those naughtier
magazines, or the Stilettos-R-Us catalog. She'll be lying there purring away,
rolling on her back with her paws wrapped around a sneaker and filling her
nostrils with that intoxicating bouquet of Eau De Foote. But let her be
caught and she'll toss that shoe away like a chicken bone and skulk off, no
doubt blushing beneath the black silk of her fur, and plot her next seduction.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old January 19th 07, 07:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Caroline S.

Baha via CatKB.com wrote:
[...]

Pippin loves shoes too. He likes to "dig" on the liner, especially
leather interiors that are slippery. He'll also shove both front paws
as far as possible into the shoe and doze off. If the liner is loose,
he'll often leave it bunched or pulled up. He doesn't appear to be
ashamed of himself when I chase him off, just annoyed that he got
caught.

-Caroline S.

Old January 19th 07, 10:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

"Caroline S." wrote in message
ups.com...

Baha via CatKB.com wrote:
[...]

Tyrone is infatuated with my husband's work boots, unfortunately. He has
scratched holes into the leather and chews up the padding above the ankles.
Steel toe work boots aren't cheap to replace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kili

Old January 20th 07, 02:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CATherine

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 18:51:30 GMT, "Baha via CatKB.com" u18616@uwe
wrote:

[...]

Aw, she sounds so cute. Djoser used to act like that when I would
catch him wrestling with a soft throw rug. I snuck up on him one time
and caught him with a look of bliss on his face. I have always
wondered just what was going on in his mind!

--
CATherine
Old January 20th 07, 12:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

kilikini wrote:
"Caroline S." wrote in message
ups.com...

Baha via CatKB.com wrote:
[...]

Lock 'em in a closet? (the work boots, not Tyrone!)

Jill

Old January 20th 07, 12:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Baha via CatKB.com wrote:

Odessa, it seems, has a little shoe fetish going on.

It could be worse when I had Fugazi and Isis they both had a thing
about underwear. Fugazi pulled a pair of Dave's underpants out of the
washing basket and had them as a security blanket when she was a kitten

As for Isis she once dragged some of my "special occasion" underwear
(I'm sure you get what I mean) around the living room..I was meeting
Dave's parents for the first time at the time.......

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

PS When she was a kitten Sarsi used to do what Odessa does but to my
feet when I came in after a hard day at work. I'd kick my shoes off and
she would go into raptures over my sweaty feet

Old January 21st 07, 12:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lisakatt

by "Baha via CatKB.com" u18616@uwe Jan 19, 2007 at 06:51 PM

I'm sure we can all say our cats are weird. Or maybe just quirky. And I
suppose we can get into a contest over this. And some days I look at one
of
mine, scratch my head and go "What the...?"

Odessa, it seems, has a little shoe fetish going on. When she thinks no
one's
looking she'll start rolling around on a shoe--mine or Louie's--and then
sink
her little claws in and turn it around so she can stuff her head inside
as
deeply as she can manage.
_ _ _ _ _

Hugo Katt (RB) used to do that. He loved all things leather.
See a picture of him with one of my shoes at
http://geocities.com/Wellesley/Veran...ckansbild.html
Elisabet

Old January 21st 07, 01:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

"jmcquown" wrote in message
kilikini wrote:
"Caroline S." wrote in message
ups.com...

Tyrone is infatuated with my husband's work boots, unfortunately. He
has scratched holes into the leather and chews up the padding above
the ankles. Steel toe work boots aren't cheap to

kili

Lock 'em in a closet? (the work boots, not Tyrone!)

Jill

Ha ha ha! I would if I could; our closet doesn't have doors. Another
favorite of Tyrone's is jumping on the clothes in the closet and swinging.
Did I mention his nickname is Dr. Evil???

kili