Please could my cousin have some purrs?

Old January 20th 07, 08:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Helen Miles

Default Please could my cousin have some purrs?

My cousin is dying of cancer and the doctors have told him that it is a
matter of days. He's currently being nursed at home by his family and
hospice nurses.

Wayne is 45 years old and successfully fought off bowel cancer 5 years
ago. It came back with a vengence last summer and treatments didn't work
- it's now spread through his whole body. He was such a vibrant, lively
character, and it breaks my heart that he is reduced to relying on
everyone else for even the most simple things.

Please could he have some purrs and prayers for his safe journey to the
bridge when he goes, and that it is with dignity?

Thanks

Helen M

Old January 20th 07, 08:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nan

On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 20:19:30 +0000 (UTC), "Helen Miles"
wrote:

My cousin is dying of cancer and the doctors have told him that it is a
matter of days. He's currently being nursed at home by his family and
hospice nurses.

Wayne is 45 years old and successfully fought off bowel cancer 5 years
ago. It came back with a vengence last summer and treatments didn't work
- it's now spread through his whole body. He was such a vibrant, lively
character, and it breaks my heart that he is reduced to relying on
everyone else for even the most simple things.

Please could he have some purrs and prayers for his safe journey to the
bridge when he goes, and that it is with dignity?

Thanks

Helen M

Mega purrs and prayers for Wayne and his family as they deal with this
horrendous disease.
--
Hugs and Purrs,

Nan and the Furkids
Old January 20th 07, 08:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:1815e29de24ee231cd1254d39ed54c88.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
My cousin is dying of cancer and the doctors have told him that it is a
matter of days. He's currently being nursed at home by his family and
hospice nurses.

Wayne is 45 years old and successfully fought off bowel cancer 5 years
ago. It came back with a vengence last summer and treatments didn't work
- it's now spread through his whole body. He was such a vibrant, lively
character, and it breaks my heart that he is reduced to relying on
everyone else for even the most simple things.

Please could he have some purrs and prayers for his safe journey to the
bridge when he goes, and that it is with dignity?

Thanks

Absolutely. Purrs and prayers for him.

Tweed

Old January 20th 07, 09:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:1815e29de24ee231cd1254d39ed54c88.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
My cousin is dying of cancer and the doctors have told him that it is a
matter of days. He's currently being nursed at home by his family and
hospice nurses.

Wayne is 45 years old and successfully fought off bowel cancer 5 years
ago. It came back with a vengence last summer and treatments didn't work
- it's now spread through his whole body. He was such a vibrant, lively
character, and it breaks my heart that he is reduced to relying on
everyone else for even the most simple things.

Please could he have some purrs and prayers for his safe journey to the
bridge when he goes, and that it is with dignity?

Thanks

Helen M

Helen, I am so sorry. My wonderful brother-in-law died of leukemia at the
age of 42 (after 6 years), and I remember very well the feelings that you
described. Death is not nearly as bad as the loss of dignity and complete
loss of control, but I also know that George *absolutely knew* that he was
loved and that we would do anything we possibly could for him. From your
words, I am sure your cousin feels the same way -- and that is the greatest
gift you could give him.

MaryL

Old January 20th 07, 09:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav

Helen Miles wrote:
My cousin is dying of cancer and the doctors have told him that it is a
matter of days. He's currently being nursed at home by his family and
hospice nurses.

Wayne is 45 years old and successfully fought off bowel cancer 5 years
ago. It came back with a vengence last summer and treatments didn't work
- it's now spread through his whole body. He was such a vibrant, lively
character, and it breaks my heart that he is reduced to relying on
everyone else for even the most simple things.

Please could he have some purrs and prayers for his safe journey to the
bridge when he goes, and that it is with dignity?

Thanks

Helen M

Virtual purrs on their way.

--
MatSav
Old January 20th 07, 10:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Helen Miles wrote:
My cousin is dying of cancer and the doctors have told him that it is
a matter of days. He's currently being nursed at home by his family
and hospice nurses.

Wayne is 45 years old and successfully fought off bowel cancer 5 years
ago. It came back with a vengence last summer and treatments didn't
work - it's now spread through his whole body. He was such a vibrant,
lively character, and it breaks my heart that he is reduced to
relying on everyone else for even the most simple things.

Please could he have some purrs and prayers for his safe journey to
the bridge when he goes, and that it is with dignity?

Thanks

Helen M

Purrs on the way for the whole family. :-(
--
Adrian

Old January 20th 07, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Helen Miles wrote:
Please could he have some purrs and prayers for his safe journey to the
bridge when he goes, and that it is with dignity?

Lots of purrs for a dignified and painless death. Lots of purrs for his
survivors as well.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old January 20th 07, 11:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Helen Miles wrote:
My cousin is dying of cancer and the doctors have told him that it is
a matter of days. He's currently being nursed at home by his family
and hospice nurses.

Wayne is 45 years old and successfully fought off bowel cancer 5 years
ago. It came back with a vengence last summer and treatments didn't
work - it's now spread through his whole body. He was such a vibrant,
lively character, and it breaks my heart that he is reduced to
relying on everyone else for even the most simple things.

Please could he have some purrs and prayers for his safe journey to
the bridge when he goes, and that it is with dignity?

Thanks

Helen M

Oh my gosh, how sad! Purrs on the way.

Jill

Old January 21st 07, 12:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

From: "Helen Miles"

Purring for a peaceful passing and a warm welcome at the Bridge for your
cousin. MLB