Purrs for John

Old February 2nd 07, 03:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

Default Purrs for John

On Fri, 2 Feb 2007 02:06:57 -0600, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

John just called to tell me his mother died about an hour ago. She was 90.

Despite all the things he's told me about her over the years (not too many
of them good) he was always the dutiful son. Last year he moved her from
upstate New York to Arkansas to be closer to him when she couldn't take care
of herself any longer. He visited her in the nursing home every day when he
was in town.

A little over a week ago the nursing home staff moved her to a hospice,
saying she didn't have much longer. And he called after a visit to the
hospice and said, with something like wonder in his voice, she managed to
reach up and touch his face. She touched his beard. She had lost the
ability to speak due to the stroke and practically all movement so he was
stunned. Then he pantomimed moving his beard to his head (he's bald on top)
and she actually giggled. He was so thrilled by that, saying he couldn't
recall the last time she'd touched him.

Purrs please for John's heart and for Gretchen's way to the Bridge. Thank
you.

Jill

Purrs for John's Mom, and for poor John. No matter how "prepared" we
are, we are seldom really ready for that loss.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War

Old February 2nd 07, 04:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Exocat

"jmcquown" wrote in message
John just called to tell me his mother died about an hour ago. She was
90.

Purrs for the bereaved: close or not, it's always a huge wrench to lose your
Mom.

Gordon & the FF

Old February 2nd 07, 06:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"jmcquown" wrote

John just called to tell me his mother died about an hour ago. She was
90.

Please convey my deepest condolences to John for his loss.

Despite all the things he's told me about her over the years (not too many
of them good) he was always the dutiful son. Last year he moved her from
upstate New York to Arkansas to be closer to him when she couldn't take
care
of herself any longer. He visited her in the nursing home every day when
he
was in town.

I'm sure she appreciated that much more than she could express.

A little over a week ago the nursing home staff moved her to a hospice,
saying she didn't have much longer. And he called after a visit to the
hospice and said, with something like wonder in his voice, she managed to
reach up and touch his face. She touched his beard. She had lost the
ability to speak due to the stroke and practically all movement so he was
stunned. Then he pantomimed moving his beard to his head (he's bald on
top)
and she actually giggled. He was so thrilled by that, saying he couldn't
recall the last time she'd touched him.

That's a very touching story! (no pun intended) And sad, but good that John
got such a nice goodbye from her.

Purrs please for John's heart and for Gretchen's way to the Bridge. Thank
you.

Consider it done.

Old February 2nd 07, 08:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral

On Feb 2, 12:06 am, "jmcquown" wrote:
[...]

Purrs for John's comfort for the loss of his mother. No matter what
mistakes they make in bringing us up, or how they get on our nerves at
times, it still hurts to lose a parent.

Melissa

Old February 2nd 07, 09:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

A prayer for John's mother's soul. Condolences to him and
his family.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Old February 2nd 07, 09:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann

Purrs on the way.
Ann

see pictures of Sam at http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ann791/my_photos

Old February 3rd 07, 11:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Many purrs of comfort on the way for John, and for Gretchen's way to the
Bridge. Even if one's relationship with a parent is not the best, it's
really tough to go through it. BTDT.

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

Old February 5th 07, 09:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
meeee

I'm a bit late for this, but purrs and hugs to John. I hope she went
peacefully and lovingly. All the best, Liz
"Julie and Sam" wrote in message

jmcquown wrote:
John just called to tell me his mother died about an hour ago. She was
90.

Despite all the things he's told me about her over the years (not too
many
of them good) he was always the dutiful son. Last year he moved her from
upstate New York to Arkansas to be closer to him when she couldn't take
care
of herself any longer. He visited her in the nursing home every day when
he
was in town.

Purrs and gentle headbutts for John. In the end it doesn't matter what
type of mother a mother is, she is still the only mother you have and the
loss is profound and hurts deeply. We will keep him in our prayers. Purrs
for you too, Jill.

Julie, Hobbes, Lacey, Sam and Barnabus