Ding Dong the Witch is Gone! (OT and long)

Old September 26th 07, 04:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

Default Ding Dong the Witch is Gone! (OT and long)

"jmcquown" wrote in message
badwilson wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

Thanks. He asked me last night if I'd be there when he has the
surgery, in case he dies or something. He has this image of the
television show ER where they come out of the operating room to tell
the family and there's no one there He's not going to die, but I
said I'll be at the hospital at 10am. Gee, I might even get to eat
in the hospital cafeteria! LOL

Jill

It's too bad he's not going to the Bumrungrad hospital in Bangkok. No
caffeteria there but several very nice restaurants on the mezzanine
level. When Dennis was in there for 10 days for his back operation, I
ate sushi, really nice made-to-order sandwiches, steak and veggies,
Starbucks coffe etc. And since the hospital has all patients on a
2000 calorie per day diet, Dennis was eating that plus what I was
bringing for him from the restaurants!
Purrs for your brother and also for this job to pan out.

Thank you, Britta! Just so you know, I despise both sushi and sashimi
I've never had Starbucks coffee and would never be tempted to pay the
over-inflated prices for a cup. LOL The steak & veggies sounds good, as
do
the custom sandwiches.

Scott will be fine. I'll be at the hospital at 10am tomorrow. He's
really
worried about this, to the point where he said he's giving me a copy of
his
power of attorney and his Will. Sheesh!

Regarding the job, since the woman and her counter-part in Human Resources
are both gone, I actually might have a shot at going back to work there.
I'm not going to hold my breath, but you never know.

Brother first, job if and when.

Lots and lots of purrs on the way for this just to be a bad scare, and for
his swift recovery.

Purrs for your peace of mind tomorrow as well.

Jo

Old September 26th 07, 07:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dewi

On Sep 25, 4:41 am, "jmcquown" wrote:

So I relayed this information to the job recruiter, saying I really don't
know what's going on. My concern is, would it be fair for me to interview
and then if I get the job suddenly have to take time off to deal with a
critical family health issue?

Personally I feel it's fair. People who have family crises have the
right to work too.

Purrs and healing vibes for your brother. I hope he will be okay! Job
interview purrs being sent for you. I hope you get this job and love
it.

I also hope this lady has been taken down a peg or two and that she
becomes a nicer person for it.

Dewi

Old September 26th 07, 03:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
I just found out from a friend who works at the company where I used to
work
that the woman who fired me after 11 years received the same treatment.

Now don't get me wrong. I don't like it when anyone loses their job. But
this woman pillaged and plundered her way through the 4 departments she
was
over in IT*, firing people right and left or otherwise making their lives
so
miserable they jumped ship.

She then moved on to a lofty position on the 3rd floor, which is where the
bigwigs reside. Corner office, all those happy horse apples. Apparently
her style didn't go over quite so well up there.

At this company, if you're fired the euphemism is so-and-so has been
"given
the opportunity to pursue interests elsewhere". Apparently this past
summer, she was "given the opportunity". Can you say Karma? LOL

However, I am not simply posting this to gloat over the fact that she got
dose of her own medicine. I was contacted by a job recruiter just before
my
trip to ask if I'd like to go back to work there. I explained to her we
parted under less than favourable circumstances. (I also informed her of
the trip I couldn't cancel at that point.) She checked with her account
manager, the talked with her contact at the company. The long and short
of
it is they would like to schedule an interview with me!

Two rays of sunshine but then another cloud. When I returned home from my
trip I had a message from my brother saying he was going to the emergency
room due to a feeling of tightness in his chest. They ran some tests.
His
CT scan showed a mass in his lung several centimeters wide. They can't
get
at it via a needle biopsy, so he's going in for surgery on Wednesday,
9/26.
They will remove the mass using video laproscopic something-or-other and
send it for testing to see if it's cancerous. Barring complications,
he'll
be in the hospital 2-3 days.

So I relayed this information to the job recruiter, saying I really don't
know what's going on. My concern is, would it be fair for me to interview
and then if I get the job suddenly have to take time off to deal with a
critical family health issue?

First things first. She contacted the company and explained about his
surgery and the uncertain outcome. They graciously said they'd interview
me
at my earliest convenience (assuming the position hadn't been filled).
That's very nice of them. I'll be touching base with her after his
surgery
on Wednesday so she can keep them apprised.

So, I'm happy Karma came around for this woman and hopefully she learned
something from it. And there's a remote possibility I could go back to
work
for the company I devoted so much of my time to. According to my friend
who
still works there, there are very few people left that I knew, but the
ones
who are left are the ones I loved to work with!

Jill

*No idea why this woman had any sort of authority in IT, let alone as much
authority as she did. She did not have an IT background. Email was the
extent of her knowledge and heck, 5 year olds can do that these days.

Purring for you to have a happy outcome.

Old September 26th 07, 04:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

jofirey wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
badwilson wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

[...]

Exactly! It's not like I don't want to go back to work. And as my friend
Bettie who still works there said to me, it would be like moving into a new
house with the same old furniture. Hey, there's nothing wrong with that!
They've outgrown the space (yet again) and are building another building
just like the old 2 buildings (I'm getting dizzy just typing that). Moving
is one thing they're very good at.

Lots and lots of purrs on the way for this just to be a bad scare,
and for his swift recovery.

Purrs for your peace of mind tomorrow as well.

Jo

Thank you, Jo. I'm about to jump in the shower and head over to the
hospital Was just interrupted by a phone call from my older brother, who
dropped him off at the hospital this morning. He said I should wait until
1pm to show up. He'll most likely be in surgery for 3 hours and will be
completely groggy when he gets out.

Jill

Old September 29th 07, 09:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

jmcquown wrote:

snip I was contacted by a job recruiter just before my
[...]

snip

I hope you get the job, Jill and that your brother is ok.
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek