Cat Shipped from China

Old April 23rd 04, 05:04 AM
Jeanne Hedge

Default Cat Shipped from China

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/South/04/....ap/index.html

In summary, this article (with photo) is about what happened when a
man in Tampa, Florida opened a crate of bird cages that had been
shipped to his business from China - out jumped a cat. The crate had
been shipped by boat from China to Los Angeles, and then by rail to
Tampa.

The kitty, dubbed "China", weighed about 3 pounds. She was given
intravenous fluids and food by county animal services, then
transferred to a veterinary clinic for more tests to see if she's ok.

The Florida businessman emailed the Chinese company about the extra
"item" in his shipment. The Chinese replied that they were very happy
to know their cat was still alive, but wanted to know what color it
was - they had 2 cats and both disappeared a month earlier! They asked
that the businessman raise the cat or put it up for adoption.

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

http://www.jhedge.com
Old April 23rd 04, 05:39 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 23:04:43 -0500, Jeanne Hedge
wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/South/04/....ap/index.html

In summary, this article (with photo) is about what happened when a
man in Tampa, Florida opened a crate of bird cages that had been
shipped to his business from China - out jumped a cat. The crate had
been shipped by boat from China to Los Angeles, and then by rail to
Tampa.

snip
Sending purrs that China recovers from the ordeal and finds a good
home. Hope the folks back home can find out where his fellow cat ended
up, too, and purrs that it's alive and well.

The story reminded me of a cat we had here once, who was sort of the
official apartment complex liity and mascot. He made the rounds
sleeping with various tenants, and I was honored by his presence on my
bed about once a week. He disappeared, and we later found out that he
had hitched a ride in the moving van when someone moved out to the
west coast. Luckily, it was a much shorter trip, 3 or 4 days, between
leaving Oklahoma and being found in California, and he was fine.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

Old April 23rd 04, 05:57 AM

Jeanne Hedge wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/South/04/....ap/index.html

In summary, this article (with photo) is about what happened when a
man in Tampa, Florida opened a crate of bird cages that had been
shipped to his business from China - out jumped a cat. The crate had
been shipped by boat from China to Los Angeles, and then by rail to
Tampa.

How on earth did this cat survive a whole month without water?

The Chinese replied that they were very happy
to know their cat was still alive, but wanted to know what color it
was - they had 2 cats and both disappeared a month earlier! They asked
that the businessman raise the cat or put it up for adoption.

One wonders if this cat was actually shipped by accident.

Joyce

Old April 23rd 04, 07:40 AM
John Biltz

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 21:57:03 -0700, wrote
(in article ):

Jeanne Hedge wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/South/04/....ap/index.html

In summary, this article (with photo) is about what happened when a
man in Tampa, Florida opened a crate of bird cages that had been
shipped to his business from China - out jumped a cat. The crate had
been shipped by boat from China to Los Angeles, and then by rail to
Tampa.

How on earth did this cat survive a whole month without water?

Conjecture in similar cases are they lick the container wall for
condensation.

Old April 23rd 04, 12:31 PM
JP Hobbs

I hope this little kitty is recovering from its ordeal,
but at first I read crates of *birds*heaven forbid,
they would have finished up with a crate of feathers!
I too hope the other one is ok, and may China, A
great name "me old china plate" in other words

Old April 23rd 04, 01:46 PM
Kreisleriana

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 23:04:43 -0500, Jeanne Hedge
yodeled:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/South/04/....ap/index.html

In summary, this article (with photo) is about what happened when a
man in Tampa, Florida opened a crate of bird cages that had been
shipped to his business from China - out jumped a cat. The crate had
been shipped by boat from China to Los Angeles, and then by rail to
Tampa.

Oh no! A slow boat *from* China!

The kitty, dubbed "China", weighed about 3 pounds. She was given
intravenous fluids and food by county animal services, then
transferred to a veterinary clinic for more tests to see if she's ok.

Poor tiny bit! How terrible for her! And how tough she must be!

The Florida businessman emailed the Chinese company about the extra
"item" in his shipment. The Chinese replied that they were very happy
to know their cat was still alive, but wanted to know what color it
was - they had 2 cats and both disappeared a month earlier! They asked
that the businessman raise the cat or put it up for adoption.

I hope she finds a loving home and fattens up quickly.

Theresa

Single-mindedness is all very well in cows or baboons; in an animal
claiming to belong to the same species as Shakespeare it is simply disgraceful.
(Aldous Huxley)