Aggie Marble and Dr. Hernandez

Old September 6th 08, 04:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default Aggie Marble and Dr. Hernandez

Wayne Mitchell wrote:

[On a side note: For those who know who Fritz is and have not heard,
Kathryn and James lost him to cardiomyopathy this summer.]

Oh, I'm so sorry. Purrs for their broken hearts.

Old September 6th 08, 06:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rhonda[_3_]

Charleen,

I'm so sorry to hear about Aggie Marble. Darn it, I hate those steroids
for cats. It only took one shot for Bob, our beautiful Maine Coon, to
get full-fledged diabetes. We have pledged to never let steroids near
our current kitties.

How does the vet know this is transient? I hope she's right but that was
not how it went for us.

Don't hesitate to ask for a referral to a internist vet if she needs
help getting the diabetes under control. After six months and swinging
numbers, we took Bob to one. She was great -- understood diabetes inside
and out.

Good luck, hope things are under control soon.

Rhonda

Charleen Welton wrote:
I took Aggie to see Dr. Hernandez this morning. Over the past two weeks she
has slowly developed behavior strange to her. She slowly stopped grooming
her lovely black and silver tabby stripes, she started lying on her side
stretched out full body length in the hall way and on the kitchen floor,
strange behavior for a feral cat, vomiting a bit more every day, still
peeing outside the box and on rugs in every room while on the antibiotic for
UTI.

Dr. Hernandez called this afternoon and told me that they put Aggie on Sub Q
and intravenous nutritution to give her stomach a rest from vomiting. She
has lost 2 ounces since the visit a month ago. And that she has developed
Transiet Diabetes as a result of the Depo shots to treat the asthma. She is
resting comfortably.

Dr. Hernandez called me back at 5:00pm and told me that she took an other
blood test and Aggie's glucous count went up 100 points in four hours. Dr.
H. gave her a shot of insulin. Aggie is staying overnight. Dr. H. will take
another blood test in the morning and call me with the results. We will
make a plan based on those results.
Aggie is still resting comfortably and is in a place by herself, which is
how she likes it.

Charleen who will miss the Whack-A-Mole at the bedside tonight, but wants
her to be better soon.

Old September 6th 08, 08:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Transiet Diabetes as a result of the Depo shots to treat the asthma.
*She is
resting comfortably.

Dr. Hernandez called me back at 5:00pm and told me that she took an other
blood test and Aggie's glucous count went up 100 points in four hours. *Dr.
H. gave her a shot of insulin. Aggie is staying overnight. *Dr. H. will take
another blood test in the morning and call me with the results. *We will
make a plan based on those results.
Aggie is still resting comfortably and is in a place by herself, which is
how she likes it.

Charleen who will miss the Whack-A-Mole at the bedside tonight, but wants
her to be better soon.

We're sending many purrs and prayers for your little girl to be on the
mend very soon. If she does end up on insulin, cats can still live
very long happy lives. I currently have 2 diabetic cats that I am
petsitting for, Izabella, a fiesty 14 year old calico girl, who has
been on insulin for 4 years and is a quirky, well, calico ;o). And
then there's Colombo a *huge* tabby and white British short hair x
Alley cat. (Mum liked a bit of rough, apparently). He was named after
the detective as a small kitten because he used to go out of his
catflap, then pop straight back in as if to say, "Oh, just one more
thing..." in the same way Colombo the dectective goes out of the room
and then comes back in straight away and says "one more thing"... He's
lovely, and has been on insulin for the past 3 years.

Anyway, purrs and prayers very much en-route.

Helen M

Old September 6th 08, 09:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I hear more and more about the side effects of steroid shot for people and
animals. Hope I don't even have to make that decision for my three.

Old September 7th 08, 10:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Charleen Welton wrote:
[...]

Late in seeing this but purrs on the way for Aggie Marble.

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe
Old September 14th 08, 10:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Charleen Welton wrote:
[...]

Lots of purrs and hugs,
Polonca and Soncek