At last (Not OT)

Old January 18th 12, 08:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default At last (Not OT)

It's taken almost 6 months and food (lots of food) and patience but
tonight it's finally happened.......

Bonnie has sat on my lap!!!!

In fact she seems to be liking it so far she's sitting there having a
wash and looking up at me typing this whilst emitting a loud purr

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old January 19th 12, 09:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Lesley wrote:

It's taken almost 6 months and food (lots of food) and patience but
tonight it's finally happened.......

Bonnie has sat on my lap!!!!

In fact she seems to be liking it so far she's sitting there having a
wash and looking up at me typing this whilst emitting a loud purr

AWWWWWW! Congratulations! You probably won't be able to get rid of her
from now on.

--
Joyce

The problem with cats is that they get the exact same look on their
face whether they see a moth or an axe-murderer.
-- Paula Poundstone
Old January 20th 12, 04:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Jan 18, 3:56*pm, Lesley wrote:
It's taken almost 6 months and food (lots of food) and patience but
tonight it's finally happened.......

Bonnie has sat on my lap!!!!

In fact she seems to be liking it so far she's sitting there having a
wash and looking up at me typing this whilst emitting a loud purr

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

That's great news! Congrats!

I missed having my Rusty (RB) warming up my lap and
purring as I type on my computer. I have to settle
for a heating pad on a frigid winter day like today.
Winnie
Old January 20th 12, 07:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 2012-01-19 6:00 PM, wrote:
Lesley wrote:

It's taken almost 6 months and food (lots of food) and patience but
tonight it's finally happened.......

Bonnie has sat on my lap!!!!

In fact she seems to be liking it so far she's sitting there having

wash and looking up at me typing this whilst emitting a loud purr

AWWWWWW! Congratulations! You probably won't be able to get rid of her
from now on.

It's such a thrill when they decide they can trust you! I don't think it
took quite such a long time for Cinnamon to decide she needed her time on
the bed with me, purring at me and carefully positioning her head and
shoulders so just the right bits get scratched, just as much as Sam does!

--
Cheryl

Yes, it is, and it can come slowly, too. It was months before Waffles and
Pickles would come in my lap, and at least a year before they'd sleep on my
bed. They still don't spend the whole night there, and they don't snuggle,
but now they do come up for skritches (Waffles most nights or mornings, and
Pickles occasionally) before settling on the foot of the bed or getting
down. Pickles just recently started rolling on her back in the living room
so I can rub her tummy. I wish she'd do it on the bed instead, so I didn't
have to bend down so far, but I'm happy to give those skritches.

Joy