Cat tree.....

Old November 25th 03, 01:59 PM
Sherry

Take a look at these:

http://www.maxshouse.com/Environmental_Enrichment.htm

You might want to consider buying a good quality, sturdy tree - its cheaper
in the long run. Also, your cat may not like a tree that wobbles - many
don't.

Good luck.

Phil

Those are neat trees. I agree with buying a sturdy tree, with a heavy wide
base. The cats won't like it if it wobbles. Besides, don't underestimate the
force behind a 10-lb. cat running at it full speed.

Sherry

Old November 25th 03, 02:12 PM
blkcatgal

Try ebay.com....search for cat tree or cat scratcher or cat condo. I just
bought one on ebay for my cats.

Sue

"Matt" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

Im looking for a good place to buy a cheap and cool cat tree online
(US), does anybody know of a such a place?

Thx,

Matt

Old November 25th 03, 02:19 PM
kaeli

In article , darnit7
@aol.comnolitter enlightened us with...

There's lots of places on line. But if you want cheap but decent, Walmart has
one for $30. If you do go there, it's in a box and usually up on top of a
shelf in the pet section.

My cats killed that one in two weeks.

If you have active cats, I'd recommend paying a little more for solid
wood. You get what you pay for.

If your cat just wants a perch to sit on, the $30 one is probably fine.
But mine tackle it, chase each other up and down it, take flying leaps
at it, and generally go bananas. *G*

--
~kaeli~
Kill one man and you are a murderer. Kill millions and you

Old November 25th 03, 02:39 PM
J1Boss

From: kaeli

Walmart
has
one for $30.

My cats killed that one in two weeks.

If you have active cats, I'd recommend paying a little more for solid
wood. You get what you pay for.

If your cat just wants a perch to sit on, the $30 one is probably fine.
But mine tackle it, chase each other up and down it, take flying leaps
at it, and generally go bananas. *G*

I've had my Walmart tree since February of 2002. Skipjack (not a small cat at
a very long and solid 15# or so) races across a 26' room and takes flying leaps
at the thing, scales it with the speed of light (the first time, hitting his
head on the ceiling!), races up and down, and scratches pretty vigorously on
it. Except for tightening each post once in awhile, and aligning it vertically
every so often, it has held up really well. Carey delicately hops from
platform to platform (which they both perch on), but Skip give it a real
workout. I've been tempted by a more deluxe one, but this one seems to do so
well that it doesn't seem reasonable to spend a ton of money on a new one (not
to mention that I could by 10 of these for the price of some of the deluxe
ones!).

Janet Boss
Best Friends Dog Obedience
"Nice Manners for the Family Pet"
Voted "Best of Baltimore 2001" - Baltimore Magazine
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com