neighbours cat messing in our garden

Old August 14th 04, 09:32 AM
j west +++

Default neighbours cat messing in our garden

Hi, Here in London u.k., people allow their cats out, and of course they
roam into other peoples' gardens. Our immediate neighbour has just acquired
a new kitten.

We have been told by someone that we should 'introduce' the cat to our
garden and maybe give it some food here. In this way, it will think of our
garden as being part of its own home and will therefore not choose to mess
here.

Is there any truth in this please? Would this be worth doing?

Thanks for any advice on how to encourage it not to mess in our garden.

john west.

Old August 14th 04, 10:16 AM
Alison

"j west +++" wrote in message
Hi, Here in London u.k., people allow their cats out, and of course

they
roam into other peoples' gardens. Our immediate neighbour has just

acquired
a new kitten.

We have been told by someone that we should 'introduce' the cat to

our
garden and maybe give it some food here. In this way, it will think

of our
garden as being part of its own home and will therefore not choose

to mess
here.

Is there any truth in this please? Would this be worth doing?

Thanks for any advice on how to encourage it not to mess in our

garden.

john west.

Hi John ,
I doubt that would work.
Have a chat with your neighbours about your concerns. They might be
keeping him/her inside or you could encourage them to keep a litter
tray for their cat or dig over a toilet patch of earth in their
garden. Cats like fine soil hence they use flower beds .
If you have flowers beds you could put down Get Off My Garden , safe
green crystals from Pets At Home or orange peel, or flint or pebbles
from the garden centre. You could put up netting along the top of your
fence . Bear in mind that their are many foxes in London and they poo
on the lawn and sometimes tom cats do this . It's unfair that you have
to do this but why not wait and see what happens, if the cat does
start to use your garden then maybe the neighbour will pay for any
costs.

Alison

Old August 14th 04, 11:12 AM
Mimi Forsyth

Thanks for any advice on how to encourage it not to mess in our
garden.

Perhaps if you toss the mess back in the neighbor's garden, the cat will get
the idea it's to mess there.

Old August 14th 04, 04:38 PM
zaax

In article , j west +++
writes
Hi, Here in London u.k., people allow their cats out, and of course they
roam into other peoples' gardens. Our immediate neighbour has just acquired
a new kitten.

We have been told by someone that we should 'introduce' the cat to our
garden and maybe give it some food here. In this way, it will think of our
garden as being part of its own home and will therefore not choose to mess
here.

Is there any truth in this please? Would this be worth doing?

Thanks for any advice on how to encourage it not to mess in our garden.

Use a Supersoaker and hide when firing so the cat does not associate you
with getting wet. Rather crapping in your garden. Works very quickly