howwwwwwwwwwwwwwllllllllllllllllllll!!!!

Old March 12th 06, 04:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default howwwwwwwwwwwwwwllllllllllllllllllll!!!!

"-L." wrote in message
ups.com...

cybercat wrote:
"D." wrote in message
ink.net...
In article ,
"cybercat" wrote:

: /

Hmmm?

Expression of general angst. Either that or a thyroid problem. Carry on.

And here I thought you were reading Alan Ginsberg...
-L.

I remember that ... "the best minds of my generation ..." As I recall,
when I looked into the so-called "beat" poets, I liked Ferlinghetti,
Patchen and Bukowski better than Ginsberg.

Old March 12th 06, 05:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"D." wrote in message
hlink.net...
In article , "cybercat"
wrote:

No housework, some geeky chick with a broom and dustpan tidying
up after me .

Have you been watching my Webcam?

--

heh ... yours and mine both, if I had one. They Who Must Be
Served look up at me with one eye open if I make any noise

Old March 12th 06, 05:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

D. wrote:
In article ,
"cybercat" wrote:

: /

Hmmm?

7 yr itch

Old March 12th 06, 05:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Whiplash" wrote in message
oups.com...

D. wrote:
In article ,
"cybercat" wrote:

: /

Hmmm?

7 yr itch

I am afraid that one has passed. All my itches are presently scratched,
thank you.

I just enjoy a good howwwwwwwllllllll every now and then. You should try it.

Old March 12th 06, 06:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

cybercat wrote:
I remember that ... "the best minds of my generation ..." As I recall,
when I looked into the so-called "beat" poets, I liked Ferlinghetti,
Patchen and Bukowski better than Ginsberg.

Corso: http://www.poets.org/poet.php/prmPID/409

Ferlinghetti published some of his work. Why do you say "so-callled"
beat poets?

I don't particularly like Ginsberg either - but he's one of the
better-known. I can't hear the word "Howl" without thinking of him.
Funny how the brain works, that way.

-L.

Old March 12th 06, 07:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL ) wrote:
or lack on good sex or the batteries ran out I suggest plug in ;-) :-o

don't preach to me about respect no more!
does your wife know how you talk to other women

Old March 12th 06, 07:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...

cybercat wrote:
I remember that ... "the best minds of my generation ..." As I recall,
when I looked into the so-called "beat" poets, I liked Ferlinghetti,
Patchen and Bukowski better than Ginsberg.

Corso: http://www.poets.org/poet.php/prmPID/409

Gregory Corso is who I meant--who I was trying to think of when
I said "Ferlinghetti," though I did like Ferlingetti's "Coney Island Of
The Mind." Didn't Corso write, "Should I get married? Should I be
good? Surprise her with my velvet cape and Faustus hood?"

He was great.

Ferlinghetti published some of his work. Why do you say "so-callled"
beat poets?

Because it was a term that referred to a certain clique but left out
major poets of the same generation such as Kenneth Patchen and
Charles Bukowski. Both of the latter were way too prolific, with
1 gem for many so-so poems. But in my opinion both outshined
Ginsberg and, especially, Kerouac for whom (I think?) the term
"beat" was coined. (I am foggy, it has been a long time.)

I don't particularly like Ginsberg either - but he's one of the
better-known. I can't hear the word "Howl" without thinking of him.
Funny how the brain works, that way.

Yep. I might have to break down and find a couple of
really good examples of why I love Patchen and Bukowski
one of these nights and post them! (Bukowski was, admittedly,
a pretty disgusting human being and a major sexist. But he had
these moments, in his work. Patchen was a truly good man.)

Old March 12th 06, 07:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default OT Charles Buk was howwwwwwwwwwwwwwllllllllllllllllllll!!!!

Okay, I remember the first poem I ever saw by Bukowski that bowled me over.
I was in my teens when I found this old book in a junk shop.

I Cannot Stand Tears

by Charles Bukowski (nineteen-sixty-something)

There were several hundred fools around the goose that
broke its leg

Trying to decide what to do

When the guard walked up and pulled out his cannon

And the issue was finished.

Except for a woman who ran out of a hut, claiming he'd
"killed her pet."

Well the guard rubbed his straps and told her

"Kiss my ass. Take it to the president. The bird was crying and I cannot
stand tears."

I folded my canvas and walked further up the road.

The *******s had ruined my landscape.

(Poetry is nothing if not subjective, but for me,this is a great commentary
on human "sensitivity.")

Old March 12th 06, 07:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL )" 10 points a troll
@linethetrollsup.com wrote in message
she was the one that said it

NO, I did not! Someone else is always bringing up sex, I always say
"It is not always about sex," then someone says I brought it up.

Let's look at the THREAD, boys.

Jaysus.

ups.com...