Purr request

Old July 4th 06, 09:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shirley

Default Purr request

Can I ask you all to send good thoughts, healing vibes and purrs to
the wife of one of my husbands friends.
June was diagnosed with 3 brain tumours (not thought to be malignant)
one of which is pressing on her optic nerve and affecting her
eyesight. She was to have them removed last Friday but during the op
she started to bleed so they stopped the op without removing the
tumours. As of today June is in ICU sedated, when they tried to wake
her she showed signs of *brain distress* (her husbands words). The
surgeons have left the hole in her skull open (I think that means
they've not replaced the piece of bone ) so that when all the swelling
goes down they can finish the op.

The whole family have been through the mill this year and this is just
adding to the stress they are under.

--
Shirley
http://community.webshots.com/user/shirleycatuk

Old July 4th 06, 09:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2006-07-04 15:15:17 -0500, "Shirley" said:

Can I ask you all to send good thoughts, healing vibes and purrs to the
wife of one of my husbands friends.
June was diagnosed with 3 brain tumours (not thought to be malignant)
one of which is pressing on her optic nerve and affecting her eyesight.
She was to have them removed last Friday but during the op she started
to bleed so they stopped the op without removing the tumours. As of
today June is in ICU sedated, when they tried to wake her she showed
signs of *brain distress* (her husbands words). The surgeons have left
the hole in her skull open (I think that means they've not replaced the
piece of bone ) so that when all the swelling goes down they can finish
the op.

The whole family have been through the mill this year and this is just
adding to the stress they are under.

Purrs. EVen benign brain tumors cause havoc. How scary.

Old July 4th 06, 09:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Tue, 04 Jul 2006 20:15:17 +0000, Shirley wrote:

Can I ask you all to send good thoughts, healing vibes and purrs to
the wife of one of my husbands friends.
June was diagnosed with 3 brain tumours (not thought to be malignant)
one of which is pressing on her optic nerve and affecting her
eyesight. She was to have them removed last Friday but during the op
she started to bleed so they stopped the op without removing the
tumours. As of today June is in ICU sedated, when they tried to wake
her she showed signs of *brain distress* (her husbands words). The
surgeons have left the hole in her skull open (I think that means
they've not replaced the piece of bone ) so that when all the swelling
goes down they can finish the op.

The whole family have been through the mill this year and this is just
adding to the stress they are under.

A name and direction would help. However will send purrs and hope they
are useful. MLB

Old July 4th 06, 09:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Shirley" wrote in message
news
[...]

Healing vibes coming for June. Some think that being diagnosed with a
benign tumour is good news. It's not necessarily so.
They can kill you just as quickly as a malignant one, if not quicker if they
are in an impossible place to get out.
Tweed

Old July 4th 06, 10:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Shirley wrote:
Can I ask you all to send good thoughts, healing vibes and purrs to
the wife of one of my husbands friends.
June was diagnosed with 3 brain tumours (not thought to be malignant)
one of which is pressing on her optic nerve and affecting her
eyesight. She was to have them removed last Friday but during the op
she started to bleed so they stopped the op without removing the
tumours. As of today June is in ICU sedated, when they tried to wake
her she showed signs of *brain distress* (her husbands words). The
surgeons have left the hole in her skull open (I think that means
they've not replaced the piece of bone ) so that when all the swelling
goes down they can finish the op.

The whole family have been through the mill this year and this is just
adding to the stress they are under.

Lots of purrs on the way for June and her family.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old July 4th 06, 10:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shirley

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

Healing vibes coming for June. Some think that being diagnosed with
a benign tumour is good news. It's not necessarily so.
They can kill you just as quickly as a malignant one, if not quicker
if they are in an impossible place to get out.
Tweed

Very true, loss of eyesight is just the immediate (as in 'must act
now') problem and of course the surgery itself has some very serious
risks. I think June's tumours are Pituitary Tumours, she's had
endocrine problems for a few years - producing to much of various
hormones.

Old July 4th 06, 10:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shirley

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
[...]

June is the name and direction is Luton, UK.

All purrs are useful. :-)

Old July 4th 06, 10:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Shirley wrote:
Can I ask you all to send good thoughts, healing vibes and purrs to
the wife of one of my husbands friends.
June was diagnosed with 3 brain tumours (not thought to be malignant)
one of which is pressing on her optic nerve and affecting her
eyesight. She was to have them removed last Friday but during the op
she started to bleed so they stopped the op without removing the
tumours. As of today June is in ICU sedated, when they tried to wake
her she showed signs of *brain distress* (her husbands words). The
surgeons have left the hole in her skull open (I think that means
they've not replaced the piece of bone ) so that when all the swelling
goes down they can finish the op.

The whole family have been through the mill this year and this is just
adding to the stress they are under.

Purrs on the way for a swift resolution and soothing purrs for everyone's
nerves.

Jill

Old July 4th 06, 10:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

Purrs and prayers for his good health.

Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come
news

Old July 4th 06, 10:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl

On Tue 04 Jul 2006 04:15:17p, Shirley wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
(news
Can I ask you all to send good thoughts, healing vibes and purrs
to the wife of one of my husbands friends.
June was diagnosed with 3 brain tumours (not thought to be
malignant) one of which is pressing on her optic nerve and
affecting her eyesight. She was to have them removed last Friday
but during the op she started to bleed so they stopped the op
without removing the tumours. As of today June is in ICU
sedated, when they tried to wake her she showed signs of *brain
distress* (her husbands words). The surgeons have left the hole
in her skull open (I think that means they've not replaced the
piece of bone ) so that when all the swelling goes down they can
finish the op.

The whole family have been through the mill this year and this
is just adding to the stress they are under.

My gang is sending purrs X4 for June and her family.

--
Cheryl

[OT] Sydney Race Riots: Purr request Yowie Cat anecdotes 30 December 14th 05 08:56 PM
Purr request Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 45 October 31st 04 01:02 PM
Purrs on the way for Frank's surgery Sam Nash Cat anecdotes 36 October 28th 04 10:36 PM
It's Back TW, Purr Request badwilson Cat anecdotes 44 August 13th 04 10:34 PM
A purr request from Kate Marina Cat anecdotes 22 October 9th 03 09:38 PM