I hurt

Old January 8th 12, 12:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
John[_4_]

Default I hurt

I hurt so bad. I'm a 72 year old man, and oh how I hurt. I have never
been able to express
my feeling to anyone, especially family and friend, but I hurt so bad, I
have to tell
someone. I lost my 12 year old cat Babygirl yesterday. I took her to the
Vet yesterday
because she hadn't been eating very well and not going to the litter box
much. While they
were examining her and drawing blood, she had a heart attack and died.
The vet said their
was something wrong with her kidneys, and she had a tumor in her chest.
I can't tell you how
much it hurt when the Vet came to me and said we lost her. The Vet ask
me if I wanted her
to take care of Babygirl or if I wanted to take her home. I said I will
take her home and bury
her beside Baby, my male cat that died a little over 12 years ago at the
age of 14. Babygirl
and I lived alone and for the last 12 years, she has pretty much been my
sole company. She was
the first, I would see in the morning and the last at night, and several
times in between. She
slept between my feet and used my ankle for a pillow every night. I
called her my little foot
warmer. I learned to sleep on my back with my feet uncovered, so she
could sleep between my
feet. In the morning, before I got out of bed, I would always rub her
head and pet her and
tell her how much I loved her. When I got her home, She was still soft
and warm. I held her
for a couple of hours and then laid her in her box in the window that
she liked to lie in. She
is lying on her side and just looks like she is asleep. I later laid her
of the bed where she
liked to lie and left her there all night. I was going to bury her
today, but I may wait one
more day. I have always told her that if she would live to 20 and I
would live to 80, we could
both go together. I have told her many times, not to die before me,
because I didn't know if I
could take it, and at the present time, I don't know if I can. I don't
think I have ever felt
this bad.

Old January 8th 12, 12:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Mosey =^..^=" wrote in message

"John" wrote in message

[...]

You came to the right place, John. Nobody can take away that hurt, but
nearly everybody who posts here has gone through some form of the same
thing, so we understand.

I can tell you from my own experience that the pain does lessen, although it
may never go away completely. Eventually you will be able to remember the
happy times with pleasure, rather than pain. Someday, maybe soon, maybe
some months from now - it varies from person to person - you may decide to
open your heart to another little furry one. It won't be a replacement, but
it will help heal your heart, and will provide you with a different kind of
companionship and love.

When you reach a point where you want to tell us stories about her, we will
listen, and will share stories of your own.

As we say here, purrs for your pain to become more bearable, and for you to
receive some comfort.

Joy

Old January 8th 12, 12:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
J J Levin

Mosey, I am so sorry for your loss.

Jay

Old January 8th 12, 01:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
MLB[_4_]

On 01/07/2012 05:08 PM, John wrote:
[...]

"Rise up slowly, Angel...."
It's hard to let you go.
Heartfelt condolences for your grief. MLB
Old January 8th 12, 01:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mosey =^..^=[_11_]

I suffer no loss, Jay, I am a cat but my human mommy Kyla feels so bad for
this poor man who is hurting, and
she sends her love comfort to him and mommy is saying her prayers for the
cat shaped holes in his heart to heal.
Our cat household is purring for his loss as well.
Mosey, PookyKat, Sqweex and Pipps

"J J Levin"

"Mosey =^..^="

Old January 8th 12, 01:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Dan Mahoney[_2_]

We have known your pain, John. Many of us here have felt similar pain,
and I can tell you that the pain does diminish with time.

Cats bring great benefit to our lives, and allow us to bring great
benefit to theirs. They bring us love without limits, and we return the
love to them. When they do pass, it brings us pain that at times seems
unbearable, but with time you will be able to think about Babygirl and
remember the good times without being overwhelmed by the hurt.

Hang in there, John. I can assure you, it WILL get better. The cat-shaped
hole in your heart will start to heal.

Old January 8th 12, 01:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gramby

One thing I have discovered is that loving a cat or dog comes at great cost.
You are bound to outlive them and have to deal with assisting them to the
Rainbow Bridge, which I do believe in very much. It is worth the pain for
the love we give and are given. Pain will pass and joy will enter in with
the memories that you hopefully can share when it is the right time.

Old January 8th 12, 02:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Will in New Haven

On Jan 7, 7:08*pm, John wrote:
I hurt so bad. I'm a 72 year old man, and oh how I hurt. I have never
been able to express

Lovingly snipped

I have told her many times, not to die before me,
because I didn't know if I
could take it, and at the present time, I don't know if I can. I don't
think I have ever felt
this bad.

We know, dear friend, we know. I wake up every morning expecting my
dogs BD and Snowball to be there. I look around for Feather, dear
Maggy May, Winnie and Sunrise, cats this household has lost over the
years. But the pain does get milder over the years. The memories never
go but the good ones begin to dominate.

She is no longer old, no longer in pain. And you may get to know her
presence again.

Waiting is.

--
Will in New Haven

Old January 8th 12, 04:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gandalf[_4_]

On Sat, 07 Jan 2012 18:08:21 -0600, John wrote:

[...]

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Almost everyone here has lost one or more cats, and we know just how
much it does hurt, to lose your beloved companion of many years.

I live alone, too, and I lost my only cat companion a little over a year
ago.

So, I know exactly what you are going through.

I didn't think I would be ready to adopt another cat for a long time.

But, I was very lonely, and I adopted a wonderful cat after only about 2
weeks.

It was a good decision for me.

I hope that you will open your heart and home to another cat, before too
long.

It will help with the pain of losing your beloved Babygirl, trust me.

It didn't hurt (OT) Lesley Cat anecdotes 17 January 14th 09 07:38 PM
This hurt so much OT tanadashoes Cat anecdotes 21 November 27th 07 10:26 PM
I'm hurt Pat Cat anecdotes 54 May 17th 07 01:47 AM
Hurt cat LeeAnne Cats - misc 3 July 12th 03 04:39 AM