MAGI TO THE VET - FORGED POSTS (Hinet.net)

Old November 30th 04, 03:50 PM
Mr. Uh Clem

Default MAGI TO THE VET - FORGED POSTS (Hinet.net)

RipCurl wrote in news.admin.net-abuse.email:

Iain Halder wrote [in news.admin.net-abuse.email]:

OK! FIRST THING I NEED TO POINT OUT IS THAT ...

1. I AM NOT THE IAIN HALDER REFERRED TO HERE!
2. I DON'T SUBSCRIBE TO THE PHILOSPHY BEING EXPOUNDED BY THIS PERSON!
3. I AM NOT EVEN AN AMERICAN AND SO HAVE NO RIGHT TO COMMENT!
4. I OBJECT VERY STRONGLY TO MY NAME BEING APPROPRIATED IN THIS WAY!

THE GUY WHO POSTED THIS IS OBVIOUSLY DELUDED BUT I DON'T WANT YOU MEN
& WOMEN OF THIS AND ANY OTHER CATS NEWSGROUP TO THINK I AM THIS
PERSON!!!

Iain Halder (The REAL One)

No, Iain, you are not the one who posted the strange stuff. It
was posted by an entity known as "HipCrime" or "Dippy" as part
of an attack against the news.admin.net-abuse.email newsgroup.
Tens of thousands of these forgeries have been posted directly to
NANAE. As a later form of attack the forged posts have been
placed into other groups such as rec.pets.cats.health+behav
with the Followup-to: headers set to news.admin.net-abuse.email.
When an unwitting poster replies, the posts go not to the current
group, but instead to NANAE. So NANAE is being indirectly flooded
by a series of "WTF", "I did not write that!", etc. posts.

Headers with Iain's address munged (@-#):

From: Iain Halder iain_halder#btopenworld.com FORGED
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Subject: MAGI TO THE VET