Purrs for victims of earthqauke/tsunami disaster

Old December 27th 04, 03:17 PM
lewe

Default Purrs for victims of earthqauke/tsunami disaster

what an unfathomable catastrophe it is, already close to 30.000 dead and
counting
I keep picturing the places I have visited in Phuket, Thailand, the sweet
little hotel in the national park on the east coast of Sri Lanka - just on
the beach, the picturesque pole fishers out in the water ...
Kuredu, the Maldive island I have visited several times seems to have come
through no worse for wear, maybe because the water is some 2.000 m deep just
off the island. They just lost phone connections for a couple of hours, but
some other islands were hit more and there are some deaths reported also in
the Maldives - and as far to the west as the east coast of Africa, imagine
the power of those waves ...
I see Britta has checked in, I was hoping you were all safe at home, since
it's not long ago you were away on your diving trip, purrs for your friends.
The accounts of the people being in the middle of it are chilling . The
pictures from Thailand, Sri Lanka, India and Indonesia are so frightening.
So many families viped out, missing members and relatives and friends.
Millions have lost their homes and livelihood. The tourist season that feed
many is destroyed for many resort areas. Drinking water will be
contaminated, the clean up a nightmare.
Purrs for all the victims, purrs for families, relatives and friends, purrs
for rescue workers and others trying to help.
It will take a lot of work and investment to get the survivors back to their
lifes.
May the Purr be with all.
--
:: lewe
lewemi at yahoo dot se || cat pics: photos.yahoo.com/lewemi

Old December 27th 04, 03:56 PM
jmcquown

lewe wrote:
what an unfathomable catastrophe it is, already close to 30.000 dead
and counting.

May the Purr be with all.
lewe

lewemi at yahoo dot se || cat pics: photos.yahoo.com/lewemi

Purrs have been going out steadily. I have a friend who lives with his wife
in Chiang Mai but he's an avid diver. I was worried they might be on a dive
trip. Thankfully not, but they did feel the quake even up in the northern
hill country.

You're right, this is a disaster of epic proportions. I hope the world will
chip in to help these poor people get their lives back.

Jill

Old December 27th 04, 05:25 PM
Christine Burel

This is such an unbelievable disaster I can hardly grasp it. Purrs and
purr-ayers going out to these poor people.
Christine

Old December 27th 04, 06:51 PM
Yoj

"lewe" wrote in message
[...]

I've never been to any of those places, but I completely agree with you.

Purrs and prayers for all affected by this tragedy.

Joy

Old December 27th 04, 08:24 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 16:17:59 +0100, "lewe"
wrote:
May the Purr be with all.
--
:: lewe
lewemi at yahoo dot se || cat pics: photos.yahoo.com/lewemi

Adding my purrs to all those affected by this tragedy.

Ginger-lyn

Old December 27th 04, 09:16 PM
Yowie

"lewe" wrote in message
[...]

Amen to that.

I"m waiting to hear of the place to send disaster relief funds. It won't be
much, but I"ll contribute a small amount. It may only buy a few cups of
rice, but that may very well make a huge difference to a family somewhere in
the affected areas.

Yowie

---

Old December 27th 04, 09:35 PM
Jeanette

lewe wrote in message
what an unfathomable catastrophe it is, already close to 30.000 dead and
counting

It's so awful, so many dead, so many hurt and bereaved.

Jeanette

Old December 27th 04, 09:42 PM
polonca12000

Lots of purrs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"lewe" wrote in message
what an unfathomable catastrophe it is, already close to 30.000 dead and
counting
snip

Old December 28th 04, 03:31 PM
Adrian

lewe wrote:
snip
May the Purr be with all.

Purrs for all those who have lost loved ones and those that are now
homeless. But why do they have to show dead bodies on every news, we
know thousands of people have died, we don't need to see pictures of
dead children all day long. It's been a rotten end to a rotten year.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old December 28th 04, 06:15 PM
Howard Berkowitz

In article , "Adrian"
wrote:

lewe wrote:
snip
May the Purr be with all.

Purrs for all those who have lost loved ones and those that are now
homeless. But why do they have to show dead bodies on every news, we
know thousands of people have died, we don't need to see pictures of
dead children all day long. It's been a rotten end to a rotten year.

Let me respond with a hypothetical that strikes to the heart of too much
news coverage. If the US networks ever get permission to televise
execution, Fox will want to do naked executions.

Ironically, this sort of thing doesn't make professional public health
publications, because it conveys no useful information.

[Spoiler space for relevant, but possibly distasteful, public health
observation]

While piles of dead bodies are repellent, if they died of trauma rather
than disease, they generally do not present any substantial epidemic
hazard, especially if they are kept away from water supplies. This has
actually been established fairly recently, by some solid research after
the last major Turkish earthquakes.

Purrs for Rosie Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 137 October 15th 04 11:36 AM
Truck Purrs jmcquown Cat anecdotes 18 October 5th 04 02:40 PM
Travel purrs Karen Chuplis Cat anecdotes 33 August 13th 04 06:00 PM
Purrs for Bootygirl Karen Chuplis Cat anecdotes 21 September 7th 03 08:51 AM
Uninterrupted purrs Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 2 August 24th 03 06:57 AM