Hi, and have to share

Old March 2nd 05, 04:03 AM
Lori

Default Hi, and have to share

Howdy All,

I've been lurking a while, and now I've got something to contribute.
)

First of all, I have three cats, Rather, three cats share me and the
other humans in the house. Oreo is our instigator, Harry is our big,
fluffy, not-so-intelligent-but-oh-so-luvable male, and April is our
queen of the household.

Oreo is about 8 months old and still has the bald spot from spaying.
She's been getting progressively more active as more time goes by, but
we knew today that she's back up to speed when she was watching Tom
and Jerry cartoons (I kid you not) and tried to get in on the chase.
She jumped at the TV screen and swatted at the characters, trying so
hard to catch them. Then she sat down, sighed, and looked at my
husband like "Help me Dad!". And of course, by the time we got the
camera out, she had lost interest and gone on to something else.

Grins,

Lori
Old March 2nd 05, 04:10 AM
Mary

"Lori" wrote in message

[...]

Hi Lori! Your furry family sounds wonderful. Got any photos to show
at alt.pictures.binaries.animals? Or maybe a URL to a photo website?

Old March 2nd 05, 04:17 AM
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 23:03:19 -0500, Lori yodeled:

[...]

Pik-shers!
Pik-shers!
Pik-shers!

Theresa
Old March 2nd 05, 05:02 AM
Julie Cook

Lori wrote:

[...]

Hi Lori and welcome to the family. Hmmm, I have a furfamily much the
same as you. I have Sam who is a big, goofy, sweetheart. There is Selena
who is a beautiful, very proper, goddess. Then we have Lacey and
Barnabus. Barnabus just joined the family and is fairly young so he's
still kittenish and Lacey is a teenage terror. The old man of the
family is Hobbes, a very large, orange tabby who just wants to be with
his hoomans. He'd prefer the household to consist of his two hoomans
and Selena but I think has resigned himself to the others.

I love the description of Oreo trying to catch the cartoon characters.
Lacey likes to chase Formula 1 cars across the television screen. She's
the only one who shows much interest in the television.

Looking forward to more stories about your owners,
Julie, Hobbes, Selena, Lacey, Sam and Barnabus
Old March 2nd 05, 05:29 AM
Seanette Blaylock

Karen had some very interesting things to say
about Hi, and have to sha

ROFL!! We used to have a kitten that loved to swat at the pirates in old
pirate movies. They all sound wonderful. Welcome to unlurkdom.

About 1981 or so, I had an Atari, and we had one of those big TVs that
sat on the floor and doubled as a piece of furniture :-). When I'd
play Breakout or Space Invaders, I usually had a bit more furry help
than I really wanted, and cats don't choose to understand "down in
front!" or "get out of the way!" :-)

Old March 2nd 05, 12:39 PM
Karen

in article , mlbriggs at
wrote on 3/2/05 12:04AM:

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 22:14:21 -0600, Karen wrote:

in article
, Lori at
wrote on 3/1/05 10:03 PM:

[...]

There used to be a very short Japanese movie of a little black and white
cat sitting on his haunches and batting at a big yellow tabby The big
cat took it for a while then a wrestling match ensued. That is another
one I lost when I got the new computer. Has anyone got the URL?
Best wishes. MLB

http://www.rainbowtech.org/sumo.htm

Old March 2nd 05, 02:24 PM
CatNipped

"Lori" wrote in message

husband like "Help me Dad!". And of course, by the time we got the
camera out, she had lost interest and gone on to something else.

Grins,

Lori

Hi Lori! Welcome. My name is Lori too, but I go by "CatNipped" here.

Yep, cats, like kids, never let you record their cuteness for posterity!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 2nd 05, 03:15 PM
jmcquown

Lori wrote:
Howdy All,

I've been lurking a while, and now I've got something to contribute.
o)

First of all, I have three cats, Rather, three cats share me and the
other humans in the house. Oreo is our instigator, Harry is our big,
fluffy, not-so-intelligent-but-oh-so-luvable male, and April is our
queen of the household.

Oreo is about 8 months old and still has the bald spot from spaying.
She's been getting progressively more active as more time goes by, but
we knew today that she's back up to speed when she was watching Tom
and Jerry cartoons (I kid you not) and tried to get in on the chase.
She jumped at the TV screen and swatted at the characters, trying so
hard to catch them. Then she sat down, sighed, and looked at my
husband like "Help me Dad!". And of course, by the time we got the
camera out, she had lost interest and gone on to something else.

Grins,

Lori

Hi Lori; glad you de-lurked That's too cute! My Persia never pays the
slightest attention to the television.

Jill