Feline playhouse action

Old August 18th 08, 04:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

Default Feline playhouse action

The weather is cooling down nicely and the cats are becoming more active.
One of the most appealing aspects of the change is seeing their increased
play and the new inter-cat dynamics that are developing.

Beatrice has decided her new best playmate friend is little Annabelle (the
tuxedo girl I rescued about 11 months ago). They've been wrestling all
morning. And Tommy has taken quite a shine to Buzzy. The boy-cat wrestling
matches are more aggressive, with plenty of vocalization, posturing and
tail-whipping action.

Eli loves playing and co-grooming with both of the young ones. He's a
wonderful "uncle" to them. So is Billy. But Lily won't play or co-groom with
anyone besides her brother (and meowmie, of course).

Baby Eyes has been keeping to herself most of the time, and I don't think
Abelard has recovered enough to be in the mood for much activity yet. He was
very attentive to the young ones until his big illness. I sure hope he
decides to jump back into the fray soon.

Old August 18th 08, 05:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

I neglected to mention that none of the older cats have the same level of
interest in or energy for play as the youngsters do, so of course the
majority of the action is Buzzy and Annabelle playing with one another.
They're both very mischevious, too. They get into "stuff" that none of the
others would dream of touching. It's almost like having toddlers in the
house....

Old August 18th 08, 11:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Pat wrote:

I neglected to mention that none of the older cats have the same level of
interest in or energy for play as the youngsters do, so of course the
majority of the action is Buzzy and Annabelle playing with one another.

But it sounds like they've gotten the older ones moving a bit, anyway!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old August 19th 08, 05:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Pat wrote:
The weather is cooling down nicely and the cats are becoming more active.
One of the most appealing aspects of the change is seeing their increased
play and the new inter-cat dynamics that are developing.

Sounds like a house full of happy cats. Hope Abelard gets in on the
action soon.