OT mostly: Need ideas, please

Old May 27th 04, 08:54 PM
Tanada

Woo Hoo, Bridget. Great Ideas. Keep 'em coming.

Pam S. who just made enough gas and mileage charts for everyone in her
neighborhood. (printing error)

Bridget wrote:
A Ford Crown Victoria - i just got one of these and have found out how
few of them are on the road. Police cars don't count.
A utility crew working on the lines
A blue traffic cone (they do exist)
clothes hanging on a clothes line
A man with two children
A truck trailer that says Wabash on it (Wabash makes a huge number
of trailers for companies all over the country and their
name is on each one)
A farm tractor of any kind driving under its own will, not
being transported.
A fabric store
A sign pointing to a local humane society/shelter
Someone jogging with a kid in a jogging stroller
Someone out walking a cat
Someone walking a dog on a yellow leash
A dog weighing more than 100 pounds walking someone
A house with electric candles in all of its windows
Someone with blue hair
Someone with their nose pierced
Someone with their lower lip pierced
The above don't count if they belong to someone in the car
Someone not traveling with you drinking bottled water
Someone not traveling with you drinking a root beer
A Dog and Suds drive-in
A sign with a fish on it

Old June 3rd 04, 12:03 AM
Jeanne Hedge

Pam,

Are you still taking ideas? I just returned from a long driving trip,
and came up with 2 things having to do with license plates.

For the "scavenger hunt" list, how about trailers where the license
plate isn't from the same state/province as the vehicle doing the
towing? As an example, I saw a UPS tractor/cab pulling 2 trailers.
One trailer had an Illinois license plate, the second a Kentucky
license plate, and the tractor sported plates from Oregon.

Note that I also noticed that not all tractors on 18-wheelers have
visible license plates. But you can also look on camping trailers,
rental trailers, pretty much anything being towed.

A slightly different license plate game I thought of has to do with
special plates in honor of groups or causes - see how many different
ones for various groups/causes you can spot. I'm talking about real
state-issued plates that you have on the back of your vehicle.
Examples: Space Shuttle license plates from Florida, Illinois plates
honoring Purple Heart receipients, square dancing plates from
Pennsylvania, environment(al) plates from various states,
college/university plates, etc.

Just a couple ideas...

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

http://www.jhedge.com

Old June 3rd 04, 11:02 PM
Tanada

Jeanne Hedge wrote:
Pam,

Are you still taking ideas? I just returned from a long driving trip,
and came up with 2 things having to do with license plates.

Thanks Jeanne,

I'll add them into the game and see if they purr.

Pam S. who's arranged her pay check, asked Rob to organize her phone
contacts, bought vacation clothes for everyone, told Pine Cone that he
can't stow away, paid the bills for two months, and...knows that she's
forgotten something major

Old June 3rd 04, 11:49 PM
Denise VanDyke

Thanks Jeanne,

I'll add them into the game and see if they purr.

Pam S. who's arranged her pay check, asked Rob to organize her phone
contacts, bought vacation clothes for everyone, told Pine Cone that he
can't stow away, paid the bills for two months, and...knows that she's
forgotten something major

You might want to clarify that PC can't stow away *or be stowed away by
someone else*. Otherwise, packing and refinancing the house to buy gas
are the only other things I can think of. ;-)

- Denise (easily manipulated by Brenna)