icanhascheezburger vs. Firefox

Old August 26th 09, 09:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

Default icanhascheezburger vs. Firefox

Over the last few weeks I've often found icanhascheezburger locks
up my browser (Firefox 3 on MacOS 10.4, with several script and
ad blockers). This used to be just with videos but now it seems
some image pages do it too. I have to force-quit Firefox to get
it working again.

Anybody else had that?

Is it a result of their site being hacked a while back?

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====
****** I killfile Google posts - email me if you want to be whitelisted ******
Old August 26th 09, 11:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:
Over the last few weeks I've often found icanhascheezburger locks
up my browser (Firefox 3 on MacOS 10.4, with several script and
ad blockers). This used to be just with videos but now it seems
some image pages do it too. I have to force-quit Firefox to get
it working again.

Anybody else had that?

Is it a result of their site being hacked a while back?

I haven't had any problem at all, and I use Firefox.

Cheryl
Old August 26th 09, 11:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:
Over the last few weeks I've often found icanhascheezburger locks
up my browser (Firefox 3 on MacOS 10.4, with several script and
ad blockers). This used to be just with videos but now it seems
some image pages do it too. I have to force-quit Firefox to get
it working again.

Anybody else had that?

Yes, I've decided to avoid ICHC in future.

Is it a result of their site being hacked a while back?

Almost certainly.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old August 26th 09, 12:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Chris H[_2_]

I'm running Firefox 3.0.13 on Ubuntu 8.04 without issue so far.

If those videos and images are using Flash, are you up to date
on Adobe patches? There were some patches pushed out a few months
ago that might have an effect on your setup.

They've released 3.5.2 for all platforms at Mozilla. Maybe that
will help?

Purrs -

Chris, Katie, Hazard and Oreo
(In loving memory of Tripper)

Old August 26th 09, 02:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M

On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 09:50:13 +0100, Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:

Over the last few weeks I've often found icanhascheezburger locks up my
browser (Firefox 3 on MacOS 10.4, with several script and ad blockers).
This used to be just with videos but now it seems some image pages do it
too. I have to force-quit Firefox to get it working again.

Anybody else had that?

Is it a result of their site being hacked a while back?

I run Firefox 3.0.3 under Ubuntu 8.08, Firefox 3.0.13 under OS X Leopard,
and Google Browser under Android with no problems. I believe I'd be lost
without my ICHC!

Dan

Old August 26th 09, 08:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
ScratchMonkey

Chris H wrote in news:3L8lm.93963$nL7.44587
@newsfe18.iad:

They've released 3.5.2 for all platforms at Mozilla. Maybe that
will help?

I've been running the 3.5 series on Windows for quite awhile. The only
issue I see is that many activities (like loading a page in the background)
can cause FF to get really slow and unresponsive. The worst one is if I
start a download, and Windows' "wonderful" file chooser dialog stalls for
tens of seconds, stopping everything from responding. It's some kind of
network timeout, and has been a problem in Windows as long as I can recall.
Old August 27th 09, 02:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shel-hed[_2_]

wrote:
that?

Is it a result of their site being hacked a while back?

Doubtful, but they were hacked again yesterday.
That's at least 5 times that I know of. It's really sad.

Old August 27th 09, 01:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Jack Campin - bogus address" wrote in message
Over the last few weeks I've often found icanhascheezburger locks
up my browser (Firefox 3 on MacOS 10.4, with several script and
ad blockers). This used to be just with videos but now it seems
some image pages do it too. I have to force-quit Firefox to get
it working again.

Anybody else had that?

Is it a result of their site being hacked a while back?

I haven't visited icanhascheezburger for a while. I run Windows Vista (it's
not the big scary monster everyone thinks it is). But I was prompted to
install a Firefox upgrade. I figured I've never had any problems with it so
I said OK. After I did, it just went nuts! I'd open one session and
suddenly I had four or five of them. And they all locked up. I couldn't
even do the standard 'close' on them. I had to reboot the PC to get rid of
them. I tested it a couple of times, same behaviour. So I did a system
restore back to the day before I'd installed the Mozilla upgrade and
everything worked fine. And when prompted to upgrade again I said NO. So
far no more problems with Firefox.

..Jill

Old August 27th 09, 02:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
AZ Nomad[_2_]

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 08:08:35 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
[...]

And you find this behavior acceptable? (Having to reinstall an OS
because an application misinstalls?)
I don't know about you, but in my opinion, that qualifies vista as
a monster.

Old August 27th 09, 03:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nan

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 08:41:26 -0500, AZ Nomad
wrote:

[...]

Where does Jill say that she had to reinstall her OS? She merely
restored her computer back to before she upgraded Firefox.
Hugs and purrs,

Nan and the furkids