[OT] I am *SO* P*SSED OFF!

Old November 24th 05, 04:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default [OT] I am *SO* P*SSED OFF!

It's Thanksgiving and I wanted a nice peaceful day to enjoy my family,
friends, and good food.

Background....

DH, Ben, has been going out 3 or 4 times every evening to "take a walk". I
was suspicious, because this is a man who is far, far,*FAR* from slim, likes
to eat chocolate éclairs and *NEVER* exercises. I kept asking him, "Have
you started smoking again?" and he denied vehemently every time.

Well, I've been watching for him to go out the door and today I waited until
he was around the corner of the house and followed him.

My suspicions were *NOT* groundless. DH (standing for d*ck-head in this
instance) was standing by the trunk of his car lighting up a
cigarette!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm angry at him for further ruining his health and burning up our money (of
which we have *VERY* little now-a-days), *AND* I'm mad at me for looking for
proof of this on Thanksgiving day when I *KNEW* it would make me mad.

***SH*T***!!!!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old November 24th 05, 05:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

I'd be most angry that he lied. But that's what men do.... and quitting
tobacco is quite a daunting proposition. If I was far, far from slim, I'd be
more worried about the weight gain I'd experience after quitting, than about
the effects of the smoke.

At least he's willing to do it outside, find comfort in the little stuff?

Old November 24th 05, 05:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:
[...]

I think the worse thing is the lies.

Hugs and purrs,

--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old November 24th 05, 06:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"CatNipped" wrote in message
It's Thanksgiving and I wanted a nice peaceful day to enjoy my family,
friends, and good food.

Background....

DH, Ben, has been going out 3 or 4 times every evening to "take a walk".
was suspicious, because this is a man who is far, far,*FAR* from slim,
likes
to eat chocolate iclairs and *NEVER* exercises. I kept asking him, "Have
you started smoking again?" and he denied vehemently every time.

Well, I've been watching for him to go out the door and today I waited
until
he was around the corner of the house and followed him.

My suspicions were *NOT* groundless. DH (standing for d*ck-head in this
instance) was standing by the trunk of his car lighting up a
cigarette!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm angry at him for further ruining his health and burning up our money
(of
which we have *VERY* little now-a-days), *AND* I'm mad at me for looking
for
proof of this on Thanksgiving day when I *KNEW* it would make me mad.

***SH*T***!!!!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Do your best to understand. He tried to quit. All the stuff since Katrina
has been very stressful.

Nicotine is harder to kick than heroin so you may be asking too much of him.

I'm a pretty trustworthy person, but after a nasty stressful car accident, I
went back to smoking. Never at home. Never at work. Never where DH and
the kids could see me. Spent a lot of time visiting the neighbor across the
street.

The up side of the deception was it kept the amount I smoked in check. And
the inconvenience of the whole thing led to me quitting again. That plus
one smoking buddy had a heart attack and the other one quit on a bet with a
friend. I didn't figure I'd wait to find out what hint God was sending
next.

Jo

Old November 24th 05, 07:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Purrs and purr-ayers are on the way that the next time he tries to kick the
nicotine habit comes ASAP, and that this time, he's able to STAY
non-smoking.

I feel for him, and you. My dad took multiple tries, over a period of
decades, before he finally quit smoking. Even being diagnosed with early
stages of emphysema didn't do the trick. ( Years later, and with a case
of emphysema that continued progressing over time, he FINALLY kicked the
@)#($*@#)(*$ habit. Thank God for major favors. I wish it'd happened
sooner, but I'm glad it happened at all.

I hope your DH has success quitting again, and that the success
continues.

Donna, Captain, and Stanley

Old November 24th 05, 08:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Pat" wrote in message
.. .

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

This is the *only* thing I've ever caught him lying about in 20 years!

and quitting
tobacco is quite a daunting proposition.

I know, I've been 2 years without cigarettes as of last August. He and I
quit at the same time, but this is the second time he's relapsed (unless he
didn't quit completely and just told me he had - sheesh, this is what I hate
about lying, now I wonder about *everything* he tells me :).

If I was far, far from slim, I'd be
more worried about the weight gain I'd experience after quitting, than

about
the effects of the smoke.

I actually lost weight after I quit (and *before* my surgery, so it wasn't
due to that). But then I never, ever really *liked* cigarettes - they
always tasted nasty to me so I'd eat and then smoke, and then eat again to
cover up the smoke taste.

At least he's willing to do it outside, find comfort in the little stuff?

Yeah, I won't let him get anywhere near me with a cigarette or even smelling
of cigarettes. I'm too afraid that *I* might start smoking again. Even
after 2+ years without a cigarette, there are still times that I crave on
really badly.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old November 24th 05, 08:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"No More Retail" wrote in message
. ..
Remember this proverb revenge is a dish best served cold

Yeah, I'm going to remember this the next time he complains about money I've
spent (as in, "Well at least I didn't light our money on fire and watch it
go up in smoke!").

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old November 24th 05, 08:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Adrian" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
[...]

Yeah. When someone lies to you, you start to wonder about everything they
say and start to question their every act - not a good way to conduct a
marriage! :

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old November 24th 05, 08:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Jo Firey" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

Yeah, we quit at the same time, but then I never, ever really *liked*
cigarettes, I was just addicted to the nicotine. When we quit I was smoking
less than a pack a day, but he was smoking over 3 packs a day.

I'm a pretty trustworthy person, but after a nasty stressful car accident,

went back to smoking. Never at home. Never at work. Never where DH and
the kids could see me. Spent a lot of time visiting the neighbor across

the
street.

The up side of the deception was it kept the amount I smoked in check.

And
the inconvenience of the whole thing led to me quitting again. That plus
one smoking buddy had a heart attack and the other one quit on a bet with

friend. I didn't figure I'd wait to find out what hint God was sending
next.

Jo

Yeah, the thing I'm really afraid of is that now that he doesn't have to
sneak around he'll start smoking more! :

Hugs,

CatNipped

[OT] Arkansas? Yowie Cat anecdotes 17 July 16th 05 06:12 PM
[ot] Kentucky Derby Jeanne Hedge Cat anecdotes 36 May 24th 05 08:09 AM
[OT] Broadband! Yowie Cat anecdotes 53 May 22nd 05 01:27 AM
Dad Update [OT] jmcquown Cat anecdotes 26 May 8th 05 11:32 PM
Beer Golf [OT] jmcquown Cat anecdotes 0 May 4th 05 02:53 PM