[OT] Checking Back In

Old July 25th 06, 07:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped

Default [OT] Checking Back In

On 2006-07-25, CatNipped penned:
Thank you, Monique. How is Oscar doing? Is her paw better?

She's doing very well. She barely ever licks her paw. I do still see
what appears to be a sore, though. If it doesn't heal on its own
soon, I will take her to the vet's again.

Maybe she's just learned not to lick it, even though it bothers her.
When I check her paw, it's never wet, so I'm pretty sure she's not
obsessively licking it whenever my back is turned. I'll see her lick
it during grooming, but she moves on to other places pretty quickly.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

We'll keep purring that it heals completely.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 25th 06, 08:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood JeepŠ

CatNipped wrote:
Sorry to have been deliberately absent for a while. I've been
battling depression again and was in a bit of self-imposed protective
isolation (when I get like this I tend to take the least little
negative comment too much to heart).

All the news is still bad. The *ONLY* job lead I had an interview
for fell through (they re-examined their budget and decided to go
with an in-house person to fill the job). It was a really
interesting job and was just a few miles from my house so I'm
*REALLY* bummed about it.
Health-wise... I see my PCP and my urologist Thursday. I went in
for a KUB x-ray today and they ended up taking an extra one since
they saw some stones in my bladder as well. Then they did an
ultrasound and my left kidney looked pretty normal, but again the
radiologist had to do a special, extra examination when they looked
at my right kidney. Just looking at it on the screen it was about 3
or 4 times the size of my left kidney, but that's all I could tell
since I didn't know what I was looking at. Again, the concern of the
radiologist with what he saw is concerning me. Oh well, I'm going to
try to just not think about it until I talk to the doctor. I'll let
you guys know, if you care, what the doctor says on Thursday.

Purrs for your health, purrs for the job, purrs for your nerves for having
to deal with both!

and

{{{{{{{{{{{Lori}}}}}}}}}}}

Old July 25th 06, 08:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Sorry to have been deliberately absent for a while. I've been battling
depression again and was in a bit of self-imposed protective isolation
(when I get like this I tend to take the least little negative comment too
much to heart).

I was wondering where you were, actually I nearly mailed you. I think it's
wise of you to take a break when you need to. Depression is such a
self-perpetuating thing: the more depressed you are the more sensitive to
even implied criticism you become which then makes you even more depressed.

There are some people in the world who sail through life with only minor
difficulties along the way. Others lurch from serious crisis to serious
crisis, hardly recovering from one when another occurs. You and I fall in
this latter category. It's hard to keep positive when each time you think
you are getting your head above the water again that big foot comes down
from the sky and pushes you back under again!
Maybe you and I will be in hospital at the same time? My latest (and last,
I hope) op will around November.
Many purrs that your job and health issues can be resolved and your mood
will improve.

Tweed

Old July 25th 06, 08:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2006-07-25, CatNipped penned:

We'll keep purring that it heals completely.

Thank you.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old July 25th 06, 08:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2006-07-25, Christina Websell penned:

There are some people in the world who sail through life with only
minor difficulties along the way.

Something my therapist pointed out: The people who seem to sail
through life may not really be. They may just put up a good front, or
they may have problems in areas of their lives that aren't immediately
visible.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old July 25th 06, 09:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped

"Magic Mood JeepŠ" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
[...]

Thank you!!! I needed that hug! ;

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 25th 06, 09:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Sorry to have been deliberately absent for a while. I've been battling
depression again and was in a bit of self-imposed protective isolation
(when I get like this I tend to take the least little negative comment
too much to heart).

I was wondering where you were, actually I nearly mailed you. I think
it's wise of you to take a break when you need to. Depression is such a
self-perpetuating thing: the more depressed you are the more sensitive to
even implied criticism you become which then makes you even more
depressed.

Yeah, I almost wrote something along the lines of "how dare you all be so
mean to me", but I gave myself a reality check instead! ;

There are some people in the world who sail through life with only minor
difficulties along the way. Others lurch from serious crisis to serious
crisis, hardly recovering from one when another occurs. You and I fall in
this latter category. It's hard to keep positive when each time you
think you are getting your head above the water again that big foot comes
down from the sky and pushes you back under again!
Maybe you and I will be in hospital at the same time? My latest (and
last, I hope) op will around November.
Many purrs that your job and health issues can be resolved and your mood
will improve.

If I recall correctly, you were born around the same time as me (10/25/51) -
are you a Scorpio? I don't know if I really believe in astrology, but it
seems to me that every Scorpio I know or have ever known seems to have the
worst luck imaginable - really, really bad things seem to happen to them all
the time. I feel like I was born with a little dark cloud over my head and
it never, ever goes away.

Purrs are coming that your hernia can be fixed easily and your recovery goes
well.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Tweed

Old July 25th 06, 09:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

Default Checking Back In

Jo Firey wrote:
Never underestimate the therapeutic value of a good sulk. I prefer a full
fledged tantrum myself but there is less clean up with a nice solid sulk.
Besides sometimes its all I have the energy for.

We've got lots of purrs. Its headed for 108F and nearly 40% humidity so the
cats really aren't any good for much else. They went out at 6am and are now
back in for a very long siesta. Charlie went to buy groceries and I'm
supposed to be cleaning up the kitchen. I may join the cats instead.

Jo

I like to nap in the summer. The heat is my excuse for not doing any
housework. Rusty is
napping on his window hammock. I think I will go take a nap now before
fixing supper.

Winnie