Francis...

Old October 14th 04, 09:09 PM
Julie Cook

... is not acting like a cat at death's door. he is *himself*. He is a bit
thinner than he used to be, but he is eating, he is playing, his eyes are
bright, he loves being out in the garden... he is *himself*. The steroid
injection, the beta-blocker and the renal food seem to be doing the trick, so
far. Long may this continue.

Cheers, helen s

This is such good news and I'm sure a relief to you. We'll continue to
purr and keep Francis in our candle ceremonies that he might turn this
around have years to enjoy playing in his garden.

Julie, Hobbes, Selena, Lacey and Sam

Old October 16th 04, 01:50 AM
Yowie

"Steve Touchstone" wrote in message
On 13 Oct 2004 23:01:49 -0700, (LOL)
wrote:

This is so good to read! I hope it continues for years to come. I
also hope you're taking lots of pics and videos and sending them to
that butthead of a vet. Every day.

I don't know about every day... but would be tempted to send something
on anniversaries. Maybe a collection of funny Francis stories and pix
titled "Dead Cat Walking."

In fact, there seem to be quite a few RPCA cats whose stories could be
added to the collection. Cats who stubbornly refused to give up and
lived a good life long past the time the experts felt they would.
Though, to be fair to the "experts", I suppose a large part of the
credit belongs to the slaves.

Having a Little Bit of my own, the first such miracle cat that comes
to my mind is Blue Bird's LB, who is still with her a year after her
TED said she wouldn't last a week.

I can also remember a cat, Buster I think, that *literally* came back to
life, of cats coming home months - even years - after they went missing, and
cats surviving horrific events at the hands of "humans" and still being
cuddle bugs.

Shmogg is a bit of a miracle cat himself - at one point they thought he had
cancer as he had a huge, hard obstruction in his gut, and there wasn't
anythign anyone could do for him even if they did confirm the diagnosis with
surgery. I couldn't really afford the exploritory surgery so I agreed to
leave him overnight with a drip whilst I got the money organised rather than
just presenting a credit card, and that night he passed the biggest nastiest
cat poo that quite literally saved his life.

If I had agreed to the surgery there and then, he wouldn't have got the
drip, which would have meant he wouldn't have had the strength or hydration
level to pass the life-saving turd himself. The surgery may or may bot have
removed the bowel obstruction, but the way the vet was talking, the surgery
would have been more like an autopsy than an exploritory, and I don't know
whether Shmogg's innards would have been left in a state where he could
recover from that surgery or whether they would have explored in such a way
that recovery would have been difficult if not impossible (if they thought
that he was going to be dead in a few days anyway, would they have taken as
much care as if they thought he had a good prognosis?).

I've got a little miracle sitting on my lap, trying despearately to type
like his Mummy and munching away on his pacifier. if it wan't for modern
medicine, its quite likely that both Cary and I would have died in
childbirth.

So, yes, I believe in miracles, even the little ones that you have to help
along.

Yowie

Yowie

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).

Old October 16th 04, 11:48 PM
Tanada

... is not acting like a cat at death's door. he is *himself*. He is a bit
thinner than he used to be, but he is eating, he is playing, his eyes are
bright, he loves being out in the garden... he is *himself*. The steroid
injection, the beta-blocker and the renal food seem to be doing the trick, so
far. Long may this continue.

From your fingers to Bast's eyes. Purrs and long life thoughts and
wishes continuing. Francis is such a sweetie. You are too, Waffles, so
you can put the claws back.

Pam S.