Rob update

Old August 8th 09, 01:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default Rob update

I haven't been online since Sunday? Or something like that. Rob is home.
He was released from the hospital on Tuesday. On Wednesday he was signed
into hospice, again. His right side is very weak and he cannot walk on his
own. We now own a wheel chair. He cannot use the toilet and has to wear
either adult diapers or depends. Hospice will not supply any of the
incontinence materials he needs. Sigh. In order to get the wheel chair
into our room for him, we had to have the bedroom door removed. interesting
effects when taking showers or changing clothing. Since his right side
doesn't work properly, we are either feeding him, or giving him food he can
use his left hand with. Sigh again. But at least he is home.

We've been up to our necks in alligators and busy. Hospice means the end to
what little privacy we had, though it is what Rob needs at the moment. The
cats seem to think that I'd dumped him and then changed my mind. It has
been four days and Huey still hasn't forgiven me. QC thinks the wheel chair
is a great place to sleep. The rest of the gang are reserving judgment.
Tanada, however, seems to think that my latest behavior means that she no
longer has to behave and has been busy stealing my food, water, books, and
bed. We argue a lot.

Pam S.

Old August 8th 09, 02:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

[...]

((((((((Pam and Rob))))))))
Love
Kyla

Old August 8th 09, 02:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

My prayers and thoughts are with you both, and with the cats.

(((((((((Pam and Rob))))))))))

--

Joy

Basically everything is subject to change without notice

Old August 8th 09, 02:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

[...]

My heart goes out to you guys, with the special piggy-snorty Dante purrs.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old August 8th 09, 04:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

tanadashoes wrote:
I haven't been online since Sunday? Or something like that. Rob is home.
He was released from the hospital on Tuesday. On Wednesday he was signed
into hospice, again. His right side is very weak and he cannot walk on his
own. We now own a wheel chair. He cannot use the toilet and has to wear
either adult diapers or depends. Hospice will not supply any of the
incontinence materials he needs. Sigh. In order to get the wheel chair
into our room for him, we had to have the bedroom door removed. interesting
effects when taking showers or changing clothing. Since his right side
doesn't work properly, we are either feeding him, or giving him food he can
use his left hand with. Sigh again. But at least he is home.

{{{{Pam}}}} My Dad also lost use of his right side when he had his brain
tumour. It's hard to see in a person who was always active and
self-sufficient. Don't waste your energy on arguing with Tanada. You
know you can't win.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old August 8th 09, 05:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

[...]

Pam, I'm so sorry--glad to hear that Rob is home but sorry to hear how
difficult it is for both you. You have been through far more than a person
should have to endure.

I did want to make a suggestion, in case you haven't seen these. I was my
mother's caregive for 5 years before I finally had to place her in a nursing
home. During that time, I found that the wheelchair was very difficult to
maneuver into the car, but we had to have it. I asked around about
alternatives, but no one was able to make any useful suggestions. Then,
when we were visiting relatives in Ohio one summer, I walked into a health
care store and asked the same questions I had been asking over an over
again. But they had the answer! They had a lightweight but sturdy
wheelchair that folds up narrow enough so it can be slipped into the back of
the car between the front seat and the back seat. That was *so* much easier
for me than trying to lift the heavy wheelchair into the trunk. I don't
know if something like that would help you but thought I would mention it.

MaryL

Old August 8th 09, 06:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Aug 7, 7:44*pm, "tanadashoes" wrote:
[...]

I've been thinking about you guys a lot and noticed you hadn't posted
in a while.
I sincerely hope you guys are able to lift each other up like you
always have.
I think I know a little about what you're dealing with -- I know you
are the
strong one, and I suspect everyone looks to you for answers, and that
by itself
is tough. With Dad, it was easier for us after Hospice came in. I
sincerely
hope the are providing some help and comfort to you all. Vent anytime
you
need to.

Sherry
Old August 8th 09, 06:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

I am still praying and the offer to talk is still open, call if you want,
anytime, if you lost my number email me and i will send it to you, in the
last couple of computer replacement i lost almost every email i had, Lee

Old August 8th 09, 06:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

[...]

I'm glad he's home, Pam. I am *very* surprised hospice doesn't supply adult
diapers. The hospice organization I used for my mother supplied all that
stuff (including the wheelchair, the bedside commode, etc). I still have
several packages of adult diapers. If I thought they'd fit Rob I'd send
them your way, but Mom only weighed about 78 lbs.

Purrs continue for Rob, for you, your family and your kitty family, too.

Jill

Old August 8th 09, 10:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

[...]

Purrs for Rob, and for you, and the rest of the family (furry & bare alike)

Yowie

--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.