How many RPCAers does it take to change a light bulb?

Old September 4th 05, 11:57 PM
John F. Eldredge

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 12:17:45 +0800, Helen Wheels
wrote:

badwilson wrote:

Yowie wrote:

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

I shall now shut up as I am in danger of getting to be an anorak
about this.. g

You'd be in good company, I am very definatley an anorak about lots

of

stuff. :-)

Yowie

What's an anorak? When I was a kid growing up in Germany, it was a
warm winter jacket. Like a parka or a ski jacket. I had no clue that
it's a word in English too!
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

An anorak IS that kind of hooded jacket in English too, but it also
means a sort of nerdy, geeky person who supposedly wears one.
Helen Wheels, not ashamed to be an anorak even when I have my nice
cashmere coat on.

As I understand it, the slang usage of "anorak" to mean "nerd"
originally applied to train-spotters, people who would stand near
railroad tracks for hours in order to keep a list of all the different
trains that would go by. In chilly weather, they were likely to be
wearing anoraks.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old September 7th 05, 10:50 PM
SuzQ

by "Yowie" Sep 4, 2005 at 09:03 AM

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

I shall now shut up as I am in danger of getting to be an anorak about
this.. g

You'd be in good company, I am very definatley an anorak about lots of
stuff. :-)

Yowie

Even though I'm a USAian I know what an Anorak is. I watch BBSAmerica and
used to watch the BBC version of Weakest Link. Except for Sports I did
pretty good. Its easier than Jeopardy. I'm an Anorak when it comes to
history.
Suz