RememberToadsuck Arkansas?

Old April 30th 05, 02:51 AM
tanada

Default RememberToadsuck Arkansas?

Well, there's a problem. Today, after dropping Mandy and I off at
school/work, Rob and Mike, with Mike driving, were in an accident.

From what I could piece together, they were heading up to post to buy
gas for the van. They were in a green light-left turn yield, and Rob
told Mike that he could go. So Mike did. He saw the car coming at him
in time to gun the engine and the impact was directly behind the
passenger seat, which saved Rob's life, as the impact was enough to dent
in the entire side of the van, kick the passenger seats to a roughly 45
degree angle, and send the van into another car, which it front ended
and sent into another car. This big hurky van was then knocked onto its
side and sent skidding. Had the car hit where Rob was sitting, he,
according to the investigating police, would have been killed. Rob and
Mike were hurt the most, with scrapes, sore muscles and seat belt
bruising. The driver and two teen aged daughters of the other car were
sent to the hospital with shock and bruising. The drivers and
passengers of the other two cars walked away. Mike and Rob are both
still in a sort of state of shock. We're borrowing Mandy's boyfriend's
Mother's van, as Geico refuses to pay for a rental after my accident
three years ago.

We are canceling future plans left and right. Both Mike and Rob are
battered but un-bowed. The money we'd planned on using for the trip is
going to another car/van. We don't know how much we'll have to spend on
another vehicle. The van is, of course, totaled. Mike and Rob are each
blaming each other. I think I've experienced every emotion there is. I
was at work when I got the call saying they were at the hospital.

Some one up there loves and/or hates us. They saved Rob and Mike, but
the car is a loss. I'd rather have Rob and Mike. Purrs and prayers for
things to go better for us would be really appreciated right about now.

Pam S. still going in and out of shock
Old April 30th 05, 03:04 AM
Magic Mood Jeep©

tanada wrote:
Well, there's a problem. Today, after dropping Mandy and I off at
school/work, Rob and Mike, with Mike driving, were in an accident.

From what I could piece together, they were heading up to post to buy
[...]

OMG!!!! I'm glad they are OK!!!!

Got all *8* motors runnin here.

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old April 30th 05, 03:25 AM
Karen

Some one up there loves and/or hates us. They saved Rob and Mike, but
the car is a loss. I'd rather have Rob and Mike. Purrs and prayers for
things to go better for us would be really appreciated right about now.

Pam S. still going in and out of shock

OMG!! So glad they are relatively OK! Man, you guys do not get any breaks.
Purrs for gentle healing and good car news.

Old April 30th 05, 03:30 AM
Jo Firey

Please sit down and hold a kitten. Change kittens as you wear them out.

I'm so sorry about the accident. And so glad the worst of the injury
appears to be to sheet metal.

I'm terrible at judging the speed/distance of oncoming traffic. Poor depth
perception.

When Rob and Mike get tired of blaming each other maybe they will start to
wonder how fast the other car was traveling..

Since your's sounds totaled, hope you get good value for it and soon.

Jo
"tanada" wrote in message
ink.net...
Well, there's a problem. Today, after dropping Mandy and I off at
school/work, Rob and Mike, with Mike driving, were in an accident.

From what I could piece together, they were heading up to post to buy gas

Old April 30th 05, 03:32 AM
Catnipped

"tanada" wrote in message
ink.net...
Well, there's a problem. Today, after dropping Mandy and I off at
school/work, Rob and Mike, with Mike driving, were in an accident.

From what I could piece together, they were heading up to post to buy
[...]

Ohmygawd, how awful about the van, how wonderful they were not hurt or
killed! Please tell them to take it easy for the next couple of days to a
week, they'll be a lot more sore tomorrow and the next day (sometimes people
who have been in accidents don't even realize how bad they've been hurt for
a day or two).

I know exactly how you feel. A few years ago, when Mark had come back home
to live for a while, two Emergency Personnel came to knock on my door to
tell me my son had been in a wreck. They told me right away that Mark was
alive - they kept insisting that he wasn't badly hurt. I realized why they
kept telling me that when DH and I drove to the site of the wreck and saw
the car. Like you I was in shock and I didn't believe that he couldn't have
been horribly hurt.

We went immediately to the hospital and he was walking out when we got
there!

When we went to sign the car over to the salvage yard later that week, the
person in charge was shocked that my son was alive - they thought for sure,
from the condition of the car, that it had been a fatality accident.

Here are pictures (why does is seem my life is documented in film - well not
file, but digitized images! ;). Can you believe he walked away from
that???!

http://www.possibleplaces.com/carwreck/

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 30th 05, 03:43 AM
Pat

Purrs headed your way. And I hope you still find a way to make it to Toad
Suck.

Old April 30th 05, 04:11 AM
O J

Pam S wrote:

--------------------snip---------------------
Some one up there loves and/or hates us. They saved Rob and Mike, but
the car is a loss. I'd rather have Rob and Mike. Purrs and prayers for
things to go better for us would be really appreciated right about now.

Pam S. still going in and out of shock

Oh wow! I'm so glad to hear that they are superficially OK. You
won't know for sure for a few days. We recently lost our pickup truck
to an accident and I feel for you. We're purring that everything
comes out all right.

Regards and Purrs,
O J
Old April 30th 05, 04:21 AM
Hopitus

Major purrs and meatloaf meditations from me and the
Deadly Duo....of thankfulness that your men are *alive*
from this T-bone accident that totalled your van. Another trip can always be
in future...but as former ER employee am always acutely aware that you are
either *dead* or
*alive* and when it comes down to this, that's all that really matters.
Comfort purrs to your men as well.

"O J" wrote in message

--------------------snip---------------------

Old April 30th 05, 04:37 AM
mlbriggs

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 21:32:58 -0500, Catnipped wrote:

"tanada" wrote in message
ink.net...
Well, there's a problem. Today, after dropping Mandy and I off at
school/work, Rob and Mike, with Mike driving, were in an accident.

From what I could piece together, they were heading up to post to buy
[...]

Holy Smolie!!!

Old April 30th 05, 05:00 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-04-30, tanada penned:
Well, there's a problem. Today, after dropping Mandy and I off at
school/work, Rob and Mike, with Mike driving, were in an accident.

[snip]

Eep! I'm so glad everyone seems to have come out of the accident
okay.

My family had Geico when I was a kid, and their experiences lead me to
believe that Geico is the insurance company for those who will never
be in an accident. After many years of completely clean driving, two
very minor incidents in one year and Geico dropped them. It seems
like Geico is only interested in insuring those who will never cost
them a dime.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully