RememberToadsuck Arkansas?

Old April 30th 05, 05:20 AM
pmendhall

"tanada" wrote in message
ink.net...
Well, there's a problem. Today, after dropping Mandy and I off at
school/work, Rob and Mike, with Mike driving, were in an accident.

I'm glad Rob and Mike are fine. Rob seems intent on cheating death at every
turn. Go Rob!

I'm sorry to hear about the car. But at least cars are replaceable.

Purrs and doggie drool on the way.

Diane

Old April 30th 05, 05:31 AM
Victor Martinez

tanada wrote:
Pam S. still going in and out of shock

Pam, we're sending lots of purrs for everybody. Please let us know if
there is something we can do to help. I'm very glad the accident was not
serious, in the sense that nobody got hurt badly.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old April 30th 05, 06:58 AM
jmcquown

On 2005-04-30, tanada penned:
Well, there's a problem. Today, after dropping Mandy and I off at
school/work, Rob and Mike, with Mike driving, were in an accident.

[snip]

Eep! I'm so glad everyone seems to have come out of the accident
okay.

My family had Geico when I was a kid, and their experiences lead me to
believe that Geico is the insurance company for those who will never
be in an accident. After many years of completely clean driving, two
very minor incidents in one year and Geico dropped them. It seems
like Geico is only interested in insuring those who will never cost
them a dime.

I was with Geico for about 6 years. I'm a good driver!! But then one rainy
day I swerved to avoid a dog (running loose, dammit!) and in the process I
hit a telephone pole. The entire front-end of my car was crushed. Had this
been back in the days of airbags, it would have gone off and probably
crushed my glasses into my face. As it was, I was (always do) wearing my
seatbelt. The impact knocked me briefly out. I had a cracked sternum from
where the seatbelt locked across my chest and a sprained ankle from hitting
the brake attempting to stop. These symptoms didn't show up for a day. I
guess I was in shock. Geico paid to replace my totalled car (of course at
depreciated value, still I must commend them on giving me that much). Then
they promptly dropped me. I suppose I should have hired a lawyer about my
medical bills but at the time I wasn't thinking. I grit my teeth every time
I see those ads for Geico or get one of their notes in the mail.

Anyone who is former military or a military dependent, contact USAA. I've
had my insurance - car, rental, life and even my mutual funds - with them
for the last 4 years. You can only be a member if you were attached in some
way to the military but the rates are outstanding and they don't drop you if
you have an accident.

When I bought Peaches I was driving home with her and she was trying to get
out of her birdie box. A woman stopped suddenly in front of me and I was
trying to keep the bird in the box and I ran right into her (LOW speed).
Totally my fault (but hey, I wasn't sure what would happen if a baby
lovebird got loose in my car!!!). USAA paid for the damage to my car (hers
wasn't damaged, thankfully) and paid for a rental car while the car was in
the shop for almost a month. They never raised my rates. They also didn't
cancel my coverage.

Geico sucks, IMHO.

Jill

Old April 30th 05, 07:02 AM
jmcquown

tanada wrote:
Well, there's a problem. Today, after dropping Mandy and I off at
school/work, Rob and Mike, with Mike driving, were in an accident.

Pam S. still going in and out of shock

I'm so very glad they are safe. There is a deity looking out for you and
your loved ones. Purrs and birdie chirps on the way, Pam.

Hire an attorney, immediately. I don't care if it's one of those 'ambulance
chasers' - hire an attorney. Chances are the other guy was at fault. Never
ceases to amaze me how many people see someone who is properly yielding at a
light and what does the oncoming car do? Speed up, rather than let the
person yield. Idiots in motion.

Jill

Old April 30th 05, 11:31 AM
Gabey8

Good grief! I'm so sorry to hear all this! (

Purr-ayers and purrs for everyone from all the cars to make a speedy
recovery. Hang in there!

Donna, Captain, and Stanley

Old April 30th 05, 01:59 PM
Mishi

"tanada" wrote in message
ink.net...
Well, there's a problem. Today, after dropping Mandy and I off at
school/work, Rob and Mike, with Mike driving, were in an accident.

From what I could piece together, they were heading up to post to buy gas
for the van. They were in a green light-left turn yield, and Rob told Mike
that he could go. So Mike did. He saw the car coming at him in time to gun
the engine and the impact was directly behind the passenger seat, which
saved Rob's life, as the impact was enough to dent in the entire side of
the van, kick the passenger seats to a roughly 45 degree angle, and send the
van into another car, which it front ended and sent into another car. This
big hurky van was then knocked onto its side and sent skidding.
snip
Pam S. still going in and out of shock

Holy Cr*p, Pam! How fast was that guy going? He must have realling been
speeding to knock that van so far! Thank god Mike had the prescence of mind
to gun it. I shudder to think what would have happened.

How are Mike and Rob doing today? How are you doing? I hope that they aren't
too sore, and that everything gets sorted out soon with the car situtation.
We have been insured with Liberty Mutual for about 27 years, and haven't had
many complaints. Did anyone get tickets? I hope the guy who hit them got a
couple! Sheesh.

Sending purrs and purrayers to you all!
Patti and the Bridgeport, NY clowder

Old April 30th 05, 02:24 PM
Adrian

tanada wrote:
Well, there's a problem. Today, after dropping Mandy and I off at
school/work, Rob and Mike, with Mike driving, were in an accident.

snip

Thank Bast they weren't seriously hurt. Lots of purrs for things to get
better, surley they can't get much worse.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old April 30th 05, 02:27 PM

tanada wrote:
Well, there's a problem. Today, after dropping Mandy and I off at
school/work, Rob and Mike, with Mike driving, were in an accident.

From what I could piece together, they were heading up to post to

buy
gas for the van. They were in a green light-left turn yield, and Rob

told Mike that he could go. So Mike did. He saw the car coming at

him
in time to gun the engine and the impact was directly behind the
passenger seat, which saved Rob's life, as the impact was enough to

dent
in the entire side of the van, kick the passenger seats to a roughly

45
degree angle, and send the van into another car, which it front ended

and sent into another car. This big hurky van was then knocked onto

its
side and sent skidding. Had the car hit where Rob was sitting, he,
according to the investigating police, would have been killed. Rob

and
Mike were hurt the most, with scrapes, sore muscles and seat belt
bruising. The driver and two teen aged daughters of the other car

were
sent to the hospital with shock and bruising. The drivers and
passengers of the other two cars walked away. Mike and Rob are both
still in a sort of state of shock. We're borrowing Mandy's

boyfriend's
Mother's van, as Geico refuses to pay for a rental after my accident
three years ago.

We are canceling future plans left and right. Both Mike and Rob are
battered but un-bowed. The money we'd planned on using for the trip

is
going to another car/van. We don't know how much we'll have to spend

on
another vehicle. The van is, of course, totaled. Mike and Rob are

each
blaming each other. I think I've experienced every emotion there is.

was at work when I got the call saying they were at the hospital.

Some one up there loves and/or hates us. They saved Rob and Mike,

but
the car is a loss. I'd rather have Rob and Mike. Purrs and prayers

for
things to go better for us would be really appreciated right about

now.

Pam S. still going in and out of shock

Pam, that is so scary. I am so grateful they are ok. Purrs for you to
resolve all the insurance stuff ahead smoothly and get into a
replacement vehicle soon. Gad. What a nightmare that phone call must
have been for you. Bless your heart.

Sherry

Old April 30th 05, 02:32 PM
tanada

Jo Firey wrote:

Please sit down and hold a kitten. Change kittens as you wear them out.

I'm so sorry about the accident. And so glad the worst of the injury
appears to be to sheet metal.

I'm terrible at judging the speed/distance of oncoming traffic. Poor depth
perception.

When Rob and Mike get tired of blaming each other maybe they will start to
wonder how fast the other car was traveling..

Since your's sounds totaled, hope you get good value for it and soon.

Mike and Rob are each blaming themselves. I've been the one alternately
kicking their bottoms. It was a 45 mph zone. I suspect that the car
sped up in an attempt to beat Mike past the turn, and was going well
over 60 at the time of impact. I already said something about this to
Rob and Mike and they feel a little better about it.

Rob had nightmares last night, as did I. Mike says that he had no
problems sleeping, I believe him. He tends to fall asleep under stress.
Me? I went out and bought a ton of comfort food for us all.

Pam S.
Old April 30th 05, 02:36 PM
Helen Miles

"tanada" wrote in message
ink.net

Well, there's a problem. Today, after dropping Mandy and I off at
school/work, Rob and Mike, with Mike driving, were in an accident.

snipped

Some one up there loves and/or hates us. They saved Rob and Mike, but
the car is a loss. I'd rather have Rob and Mike. Purrs and prayers for
things to go better for us would be really appreciated right about now.

Pam S. still going in and out of shock///

Someone up there loves you all, Pam. Vans can be replaced - they're only
inanimate objects. Thank heavens Rob and Mike are OK, and there were no
fatalities.

Mega purrs that things pick up and {{{BIG HUGS}}}. )

Helen M