Oh My!

Old May 8th 05, 11:55 PM
Catnipped

Default Oh My!

It seems we have a house guest. This little fellow followed my husband
home. We gave him some food on the deck, like we do for all the strays, but
he stayed by the back door and cried and cried. Then it started pouring
buckets here and he was huddled under the spa canopy but when he saw me
through the bedroom doors, he ran up to the door in the pouring rain and
jumped up to cry at me some more. I caved.

As soon as I picked him up he started purring like a motorboat. I've got
him sequestered in my office with a litter box and some food, and I gave him
a dose of Revolution for Kittens. But we *CAN'T* keep him. We really,
really can't. I'm going to be taking another hit in salary and we're having
trouble feeding and vetting the four we already have.

I called the rescue group I donate to and left a message saying that I would
vet and neuter him - and maybe foster for a *little* while - and could they
please give me the name of the vet they use for discount speuters.

He looks to be about 2 1/2 or 3 months old (what do you think?). He knows
what the litter box is for (as you can see in some of the pictures ;). I
have a sinking feeling that he was "dumped".

Anyway, he's crawling with fleas (and now so am I), but other than that he
looks healthy, his ears are clean, and his eyes are clear. But he just
insists on sitting on my lap and purring at me. HELP!

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/New_Cat/

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old May 8th 05, 11:59 PM
Karen

in article , Catnipped at
wrote on 5/8/05 5:55 PM:

[...]

Oh dear. He's awfully adorable. I'm not going to be much help. Is it
*really* that more much expensive for one more? I always take it as a sign
that I'm *supposed* to be the one to take them in when they literally fall
in your lap. My he's cute.

Old May 9th 05, 12:25 AM
Christina Websell

"Karen" wrote in message
in article , Catnipped at

wrote on 5/8/05 5:55 PM:

[...]

You are done for, CN. You have a new bitty kitty, like you just said you
wanted!!

Tweed

Old May 9th 05, 12:28 AM
Yowie

"Catnipped" wrote in message
[...]

Congratulations on your newest owner. (Resistance is futile)

He looks alot like IBKFergus! Adorable, and utterly jam packed full of
mischeif.

Yowie

Old May 9th 05, 01:02 AM
Bill Stock

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Karen" wrote in message
in article , Catnipped at

wrote on 5/8/05 5:55 PM:

[...]

Just what I was thinking. You asked for a kitten, the Mothership delivered!

Old May 9th 05, 01:27 AM
mlbriggs

On Sun, 08 May 2005 17:55:09 -0500, Catnipped wrote:

[...]

Either that or perhaps some little child is crying his/her eyes out for
their lost pet. Could you place a found item in the local newspaper?
He looks sleek and he apparently loves people, Purrs you find the owner.
MLB

Old May 9th 05, 01:42 AM
Karen

in article , mlbriggs at
wrote on 5/8/05 7:27 PM:

[...]

Well, yes, you should probably go this route, but if no one is found.......

Old May 9th 05, 01:47 AM
Catnipped

"Yowie" wrote in message

Congratulations on your newest owner. (Resistance is futile)

He looks alot like IBKFergus! Adorable, and utterly jam packed full of
mischeif.

Yowie

What he's jam packed full of right now is fleas! But... as expensive as the
stuff is, you got to give it its due - the Revolution has already killed
them. I got out my trusty flea comb and a beer stein full of water and Dawn
liquid and started combing. I now have a beer stein full of about 10,000
dead fleas. Now I think I'll apply a dose to myself.

Speaking of which, does anybody know where I can get Revolution fairly
cheap? I'm probably going to have to dose my four girls now too. When I
bout it at my vet's office Sammy was still a kitten so I had to get enough
adult formula for Bandit, Demi, and Jessie, and kitten formula for Sammy and
it cost me $120.00!!!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old May 9th 05, 01:51 AM
Catnipped

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
[...]

It's pouring down raining right now, but tomorrow I'm going to go round to
all the neighbors and put up fliers about him. I've mixed feelings about
that, though. He was *CRAWLING* with fleas. The Revolution killed them,
but I combed him out with a flea comb, dipping it in a beer stein full of
water and Dawn liquid, and I pulled off about 10,000 dead fleas. If is does
have an owner they are *certainly* not taking care of him!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old May 9th 05, 02:08 AM
tanada

Bill Stock wrote:

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Karen" wrote in message

in article , Catnipped at

wrote on 5/8/05 5:55 PM:

[...]

Right. A bitty kitty and a playmate for Miss Sammy. CN, You're caught.

Pam S. who's BTDT