Oh My!

Old May 9th 05, 05:20 AM
Marina

Catnipped wrote:
What do you think of Othello as a temporary name?

'temporary' Hehehe. he seems pretty sure that he's found home already.
Othello is a fine name for him to grow into.

--
Marina, Frank, Nikki, and Mere
Old May 9th 05, 05:43 AM
jmcquown

Catnipped wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
Catnipped wrote:
"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news On Sun, 08 May 2005 17:55:09 -0500, Catnipped wrote:

It seems we have a house guest. This little fellow followed my
husband home.
He looks to be about 2 1/2 or 3 months old (what do you think?).
He knows what the litter box is for (as you can see in some of the
pictures ;). I have a sinking feeling that he was "dumped".

Anyway, he's crawling with fleas (and now so am I), but other than
that he looks healthy, his ears are clean, and his eyes are clear.
But he just insists on sitting on my lap and purring at me. HELP!

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/New_Cat/

Hugs,

CatNipped

Either that or perhaps some little child is crying his/her eyes out
for their lost pet
It's pouring down raining right now, but tomorrow I'm going to go
round to all the neighbors and put up fliers about him. I've mixed
feelings about that, though. He was *CRAWLING* with fleas. The
Revolution killed them, but I combed him out with a flea comb,
dipping it in a beer stein full of water and Dawn liquid, and I
pulled off about 10,000 dead fleas. If is does have an owner they
are *certainly* not taking care of him!

Hugs,

CatNipped

You have not a house guest. You have a "little one". And adorable
little one, at that Thank you for getting the fleas off by
whatever method. Surely you will do the thing with listing the
bittie on posters, etc., but whoever owned this bittie didn't care
else it wouldn't be covered in fleas.

You got your wish; you now have a sweet grey bittie. Sammy can
train the bittie to torture you Love that bittie! I think
Persia would have looked like that!

Jill

No, he's not grey, he's solid midnight black - I was trying to
lighten the photos in PhotoShop so you could see his face.

I'm sorry, you're right, he is a black bittie. I think I see grey cats
wherever I go

Here's some more of him sleeping on my lap (if he stays it appears he
will be a permanent fixture there!).

What do you think of Othello as a temporary name?

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Othello/

Hugs,

CatNipped

Othello, the sweet fellow! Love it

Jill

Old May 9th 05, 05:57 AM
Hopitus

From his expression in first group of pics, I'd say "Iago" would fit him
better....LOL. One of the few good things about MileHigh altitude is
flea-less life w/cats and pets.
Your visitor sure looks like he's settled in. I sure couldn't turn him down.
He's lucky he found you before he got injured and/or very sick.

"Marina" wrote in message
Catnipped wrote:

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/New_Cat/

I'm in love! If I weren't on the other side of the Atlantic, I would take
him in in a heartbeat. What a gorgeous little black fellow. Purrs that he
finds a good home soon (though I suspect he already has...).

--
Marina, Frank, Nikki, and Mere

Old May 9th 05, 10:13 AM
jmcquown

Catnipped wrote:
It seems we have a house guest. This little fellow followed my
husband home. We gave him some food on the deck, like we do for all
the strays, but he stayed by the back door and cried and cried. Then
it started pouring buckets here and he was huddled under the spa
canopy but when he saw me through the bedroom doors, he ran up to the
door in the pouring rain and jumped up to cry at me some more. I
caved.

Why does this suddenly remind me of a song by Hoyt Axton?
Goodbye Joe, me gotta go, me oh, my oh,
Me gotta go, pole the pirogue down the bayou.
My Yvonne, the sweetest one, me oh, my oh.
Son of a gun, we're gonna have big fun on the bayou.

Jill

Old May 9th 05, 10:27 AM
Debbie Wilson

Catnipped wrote:

He looks to be about 2 1/2 or 3 months old (what do you think?). He knows
what the litter box is for (as you can see in some of the pictures ;). I
have a sinking feeling that he was "dumped".

He is beautiful!! I would say he looks a little older than 10-12 weeks
to me, it's a bit hard to tell from a photo, but he looks more like 4
months or so to me. Got those big long teenage legs and grown-up face.
What a sweetheart. I would put 'Cat Found' adverts around your area,
tell your local vets and shelters etc, as he is a domestic cat, recently
lost, or dumped. Though how anyone could dump such a gorgeous young chap
is beyond me! And if no-one replies... you have a lucky black cat :-)

Deb.

--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Old May 9th 05, 12:11 PM
Gabey8

AAA! No wonder you caved. Who could look at that face and NOT bring the
little waif into the house? What a cutie!

Poor little guy -- he's lucky he found the family with "SUCKERS FOR
KITTIES" stamped on their foreheads ;o). Because I'm sure that you'll make
sure he finds a OneTrueHome, if not with your family, then with someone
else's.

Donna, Captain, and Stanley

P.S. and HISSSSS on whoever dumped him, if that's how he came to be in
your neighborhood. I'd like to take the people who dump pets, and abandon
THEM in the middle of the Sahara Desert without provisions. File it under
the heading of, "Let's see how THEY like that sort of treatment".

Old May 9th 05, 12:13 PM
Exocat

Hearty congratulations on being Chosen!

He's adorable, so like Sir Weeble and my dearest Aries RB.
An accidental "Bombay" to a T.
FWIW I think Othello is a super name for him, and I hope you'll be
deleriously happy together for a LOOOOONG time!

Purrs, woofs & hoomin best wishes on your happy event

Gordon, Bandit, Snowball and Raki

Old May 9th 05, 12:15 PM
Lesley

And if no-one replies... you have a lucky black cat :-)

Lucky for the cat that is! He looks a lot like my two and such a
face!!!! Awww......He's too lovely for words. It is possible he got out
and someone is missing him but if not......

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old May 9th 05, 01:06 PM
Helen Wheels

Catnipped wrote:

Anyway, he's crawling with fleas (and now so am I), but other than that he
looks healthy, his ears are clean, and his eyes are clear. But he just
insists on sitting on my lap and purring at me. HELP!

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/New_Cat/

Hugs,

CatNipped

Oh dear, he is gorgeous, isn't he? And he knew where to go, didn't he?