Please help

Old August 5th 06, 10:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

Default Please help

"Mzblackcat" u24922@uwe wrote

I thought that is what this forum was for ADVICE!

No, that is not its main reason for existing. You may be better off at
rec.pets.cats.health or somewhere like that for this kind of thing.

Sorry about your kitty.

Old August 5th 06, 11:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Mzblackcat u24922@uwe wrote:

How come it is a dumb question?? I have read many people ask many question
about their cats in here but they wasn't call a troll. I just join this
thread and already people are attacking me. And how do you know I have little
experience with cats, I have had cats all my life. btw I thought that is what
this forum was for ADVICE!

I don't know. People get suspicious. I think that to many people here,
it would be very obvious to them when it's time to take a pet to the vet,
and perhaps because you had the need to ask, they think you're pulling
their leg.

People who are knowledgeable will often forget what it was like when
they didn't know what they now know, and they think that everyone should
know it, too. So they're either intolerant of someone who doesn't know
what they know ("what a stupid question") or else they assume nobody could
be that "stupid", so they must be pulling a prank.

However, I do think it's possible that someone might not realize how
serious an injury or illness might be, and asking in a forum like this
one is a good place to receive the advice of: TAKE THE CAT TO THE VET
NOW. So I'm glad you posted, because in spite of the suspicious responses
you received, you also got good advice.

My only addition would be that if I were in your position, I would not
wait until Monday. I would be too worried to wait. The person who gave
you advice over the phone did not actually see your cat, and I would want
someone to see her (or him?) right away. I don't think I could sleep
while waiting for Monday! Is there a weekend vet you could take her to?
I'll feel better if you do.

Joyce
Old August 5th 06, 11:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mzblackcat via CatKB.com

wrote:
[...]

Thank for your response Joyce, I am going to be honest, the only reason I
asked the question in here was because I simply can't afford a vet at least I
thought I couldn't. We have fallen on tough times now and I thought it was
going to cost alot and I thought maybe if I got advice in here I couldn't
probably be able to do something for him on my own. but I did find an
emergency vet clinic and I am going to take him first thing in the morning..
only because I have to have someone take me and they can't do it until the
morning. The price for his examination is reasonable and I will just have to
cut back on a few things this week but my little guy is worth it. I love him
so.. I know I probably do sound stupid to most in here but I honestly wanted
to call the vet and I did. I know this post is probably gonna get me talked
about too but..thats okay. This really seems like a good forum and I hope
that bashing is over. btw what exactly is a troll..is that some kind of name
for a bad person in forums or just simply a troll.

Old August 5th 06, 11:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Mzblackcat via CatKB.com" u24922@uwe wrote in message
wrote:
[...]

I would advise you to take your cat to the emergency vet *now.* I have no
medical training, but if your cat has had a stroke -- a possibility that you
said in one of your messages that someone in your vet's office raised --
then fast reaction is essential. Any delay (even a couple of hours) after a
stroke diminishes the possibility of recovery. I know you are concerned
about the cost, but the cost is also likely to increase with delay. You
mentioned in that same messages that there were difficulties with
transportation. Could you call on a friend or neighbor if public
transportation is not available. In my opinion, something like what you
described (a stroke or possibly another neurological problem) needs
immediate medical attention.

MaryL

Old August 6th 06, 12:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

MaryL -out-the-litter wrote:

I would advise you to take your cat to the emergency vet *now.* I have no
medical training, but if your cat has had a stroke -- a possibility that you
said in one of your messages that someone in your vet's office raised --
then fast reaction is essential. Any delay (even a couple of hours) after a
stroke diminishes the possibility of recovery. I know you are concerned
about the cost, but the cost is also likely to increase with delay.

This is a good point. You save money on transportation, but then end up
spending much more later, when the condition has gotten worse and needs
more expensive treatment.

And that's not even considering the part of this that has no monetary
value: the life and health of your cat.

What about a taxi? If you don't have another friend who could take you
now, could you get a cab to the vet's? Again, more expensive now, but
maybe less expensive later.

Good luck, I hope your baby's OK.

Joyce
Old August 6th 06, 12:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mzblackcat via CatKB.com

wrote:
[...]

I totally agree with you both and thankfully my cousin is on his way in town,
should be here within the hour and he promised to rush us to the emergency
services. Thank you all for your advice. I will keep you all posted as soon
as I can.

Old August 6th 06, 01:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

wrote:
[...]

That's great news! Thank you for taking care of your furbaby. Please keep
us updated.

MaryL

Old August 6th 06, 01:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

wrote:
[...]

Thank you for doing the right thing. I know money can be athing that people
don't want to let go of but If you love your pet you will find the money
somewhere some how I know I would not matter what
A lot of us including my self as another poster said We see so many
people come out here with obvious emergency or serious situations that
would be screaming call 911 if it was a human child. So most of us
including myself assume the person must be a troll. I post in all the cat
groups like a lot of us and see this on a daily basis. Sometimes I am wrong
but most of the time I am right when I label a poster with that title . The
group IMO sometime forgets that some of us they call troll are actually
naive but that is very seldom and far in between most time they are right.
which is not something I am starting a flame war over or saying anyone is
wrong

Purrs and prayers for a good outcome for your furball please keep us
informed and ask away if you have a question

Old August 6th 06, 02:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped

"Mzblackcat" u24922@uwe wrote in message news:64552a56e73b3@uwe...
First of all..I just join this forum TODAY So if there was a person here
with this ID in the pass then it wasn't me. Second of all..I am not lying
and
how dare you call me a liar. I am sitting here dying inside because I
just
found out that my furbaby has possibly had a stroke and i have to watch
him
walk around here with his head down suffering Only to have you attack me..
Unbelievable..

ID or not, a person can't change her style of writing and grammar. "Pass"
instead of "past" was a frequent mistake of our old friend "Holly". Anyone
here remember Ms. Brain Tumor?

But to those who care..
I contacted the vet she told me its a great possibility that my Meow(which
is
his name) has had a stroke and since he is eating and drinking normally he
will be going in to see her Monday morning. And I found out that there is
an
emergency clinic in my city and if he stop eating or seems any worse she
advised me to rush him in and that exactly what I am going to do.

Adrian A wrote:
Thanks to all who responded but to Adrian A, there was no need for
you to

[quoted text clipped - 3 lines]
stupid
of you.

You've never posted here or anywhere else before with that ID. There has
been a troll in the past posting with a very similar ID. I believe you are
lying.

Old August 6th 06, 03:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Mzblackcat" u24922@uwe wrote in message news:64552a56e73b3@uwe...
First of all..I just join this forum TODAY So if there was a person here
with this ID in the pass then it wasn't me. Second of all..I am not lying
and
how dare you call me a liar. I am sitting here dying inside because I
just
found out that my furbaby has possibly had a stroke and i have to watch
him
walk around here with his head down suffering Only to have you attack
me..
Unbelievable..

ID or not, a person can't change her style of writing and grammar. "Pass"
instead of "past" was a frequent mistake of our old friend "Holly".
Anyone here remember Ms. Brain Tumor?

And is it just me or are all these messages from the same place she posted
from. It sure looks like each of them is from a different slightly changed
sender. CatKB.com is ringing alarms.

OK I need to go out and feed and water the abandoned animals across the
street. And try to figure out a way to get this current foul mood out of my
system.

Maybe Kayla would like to go for a ride. I feel to crummy to go for a walk.
My cats are being useless to me. Jake is keeping Charlie company. He knows
who thaws his shrimp. And Molly is playing with the rabbits. She is
delighted with the system of putting food and water outside for her
convenience.

Jo