Please help

Old August 6th 06, 03:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rhonda

Default Please help

Adrian A wrote:

You've never posted here or anywhere else before with that ID. There has
been a troll in the past posting with a very similar ID. I believe you are
lying.

Nice.

Rhonda

Old August 6th 06, 03:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rhonda

Mzblackcat via CatKB.com wrote:

I totally agree with you both and thankfully my cousin is on his way in town,
should be here within the hour and he promised to rush us to the emergency
services. Thank you all for your advice. I will keep you all posted as soon
as I can.

Good luck, and I hope there's nothing serious wrong with your cat.

Rhonda

Old August 6th 06, 04:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2006-08-05, Mzblackcat penned:
How come it is a dumb question?? I have read many people ask many
question about their cats in here but they wasn't call a troll. I
just join this thread and already people are attacking me. And how
do you know I have little experience with cats, I have had cats all
my life. btw I thought that is what this forum was for ADVICE!

Frankly, your posting style makes you sound like a troll. It has
enough in common to trip many people's BS-meters. Now, maybe you're
not a troll. Maybe you're just a freaked-out kid (that's a guess
based on your writing style) who doesn't know what to do. That's why
I posted suggesting that you go to the vet. If you don't want to be
seen as a troll, well, that's going to take time, because as I
mentioned, your posting style makes you sound troll-ish. Also, many
people have trolled this newsgroup by asking questions about horrific
situations whose obvious answer would be "Go to the vet NOW!" Often
they were just trying to stir everyone up. That's what trolls do.

By the way, this is not a group for advice. If you thought that, you
thought wrong. Advice does come up, but as the name suggests, this is
a place for *anecdotes*. Stories about our cats. Funny things they
do, that kind of thing.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old August 6th 06, 02:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

CatNipped wrote:
"Mzblackcat" u24922@uwe wrote in message news:64552a56e73b3@uwe...
First of all..I just join this forum TODAY So if there was a person
here with this ID in the pass then it wasn't me. Second of all..I am
not lying and
how dare you call me a liar. I am sitting here dying inside because
I just
found out that my furbaby has possibly had a stroke and i have to
watch him
walk around here with his head down suffering Only to have you
attack me.. Unbelievable..

ID or not, a person can't change her style of writing and grammar.
"Pass" instead of "past" was a frequent mistake of our old friend
"Holly". Anyone here remember Ms. Brain Tumor?

Yep, Miss I'm dying but I need attention because I'm dying of a brain tumor
and just had surgery Holly... but I can still type from my desk at the
office! And so can my husband! I miraculously improved in a day! Sheesh.

Jill

Old August 7th 06, 12:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Mzblackcat" u24922@uwe wrote in message news:64552a56e73b3@uwe...
First of all..I just join this forum TODAY So if there was a person here
with this ID in the pass then it wasn't me. Second of all..I am not lying
and
how dare you call me a liar. I am sitting here dying inside because I
just
found out that my furbaby has possibly had a stroke and i have to watch
him
walk around here with his head down suffering Only to have you attack
me..
Unbelievable..

ID or not, a person can't change her style of writing and grammar. "Pass"
instead of "past" was a frequent mistake of our old friend "Holly".
Anyone here remember Ms. Brain Tumor?

Oh, just a bit. It was only a few weeks ago that I found a card when I was
clearing out the porch that I was about to send when it all blew. I had
taken a lot of trouble to decorate it. I burnt it.
I hope this is not going to happen again.

Not long after that I was diagnosed with "real cancer" myself and I thought
after Holly you might not believe me.
I cannot believe the mindset of people who pretend these things.
I think this is her again, too.

Tweed

Old August 7th 06, 05:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

walkingqueen98 wrote:
Mzblackcat wrote:
Hello everyone,
I have a question. My 10yr kitty is all of a sudden walking around with his
head down as if its stuck. I thought that he was having pain in it so I
gently raise his head just to see if he will make a noise but no his neck
seems fine. He is drinking water alot but he just won't lift his head. I am a
nervous reck! He pants alot and I always let him in my bedroom where the air
conditioner is, (he prefers it) Is it possible he has suffer a stroke or
something? Has anyone else's kitty ever done this?

first off to everybody

i am a friend to mzblackcat and i can reassure you she is not a insensitive
person for not bringing her cat to the vet right away. she is a very loving
person that would do anything possible but for some of us money is a issue
right now also to whoever thinks that the way you right is important that is
so childish arent we here for the pure reason about our cats? its not right
that she got attacked when she was so upset about her cat so you all need a
heart the ones that were rude. how dare you call her a troll who the heck are
you to say anything you dont know all the facts? i mean cmon you saw her
question it doesnt look like someone mean wrote it. also i bet that most of
you are younger then she is ok so next time have a heart ( i am not talking
to the ones that didnt be rude to her)but you know who you are! i am not
going to put up with someone attacking my friend who ive known for 2 years
now she loves her cats very much as do i so next time think before you speak
and get all the facts first!

I'm not really interested in all the brouha surrounding but I *am*
concerned about this cat. Your "friend" posted in another group that
she spoke with her vet, and was advised that the cat had had a stroke,
but since it was eating & drinking fine, it would be alright to wait
until Monday morning.
That's just wrong. No vet should diagnose a stroke over the phone, and
certainly no vet should advise waiting over two days to treat the cat.
It doesn't even sound like a stroke to me, and I'm no vet. But I had a
cat who had a stroke, and it was *nothing* like that. It sounds more
like an injury.
So did your "friend" go to the "ER vet?

Sherry

Old August 7th 06, 06:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2006-08-07, walkingqueen98 penned:

first off to everybody

[...]

Okay, now I definitely think it's a troll, plus one sock puppet.

Chances of a never-seen-before poster appearing in an online community
to defend another never-seen-before poster with identical, um, writing
style in this way ... practically zero.

I have to wonder, back in the days before electronic communication,
would a teenager write a letter like this? It's hard to imagine.
It's really not so much the grammar or the spelling as it is the
complete lack of "pause" punctuation that gets me. Why have we
abandoned the comma? Has it gotten so expensive that no one can
afford it?

Without changing the wording, I think I can still make the above
*much* clearer just by adding punctuation:

[...]

To you, Ms. Walking Queen:

Yes, the way you write is important. It's not that you have to have
perfect grammar and spelling -- plenty of people here don't. (In
fact, I'd hazard a bet that no one gets it right all the time. No
one.) But if you can't exhibit at least a certain minimum level of
fluency, it's just too hard to read what you've written. Typically,
if you haven't put in the effort to make your post readable, it's
probably not worth reading. If you didn't think it was important
enough to make it look good, why should we think it's important enough
to take seriously?

There are an awful lot of regular posters on this newsgroup. Almost
all of us post in something very close to proper grammar, and I'm
pretty sure most of us aren't English majors! It can be done; you
just have to, oh, I dunno, *try*.

To forestall some comments: I've read enough posts by people from
around the world to believe that this was *not* a post from someone to
whom English is a second language. Most people who don't speak
English natively write much better than this.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old August 7th 06, 10:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
sni
Okay, now I definitely think it's a troll, plus one sock puppet.

Chances of a never-seen-before poster appearing in an online community
to defend another never-seen-before poster with identical, um, writing
style in this way ... practically zero.

snip

Did you notice the post you replied to had the same ID as the original
poster? Almost proving it's a troll.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old August 7th 06, 12:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"walkingqueen98" u24972@uwe wrote in message news:64651830a841f@uwe...
Mzblackcat wrote:
[...]

I replied to mzblackcat because I would much rather err by giving advice to
someone who is realy a troll than to err by withholding advice from someone
who might really have a cat in need of care. In other words, better to let
the troll have his/her fun than to take a chance that a cat (and the person
writing) will suffer the consequences if we are wrong. However, the irony
of walkingqueen98's" attempt to come to the aid of her friend is that it
simply reinforces my suspicion that this is probably a troll. The style of
writing is identical, the messages were sent from the same source, and both
seem to be writing to this group for the first time.

MaryL