Paranoia strikes deep

Old December 10th 06, 06:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Paranoia strikes deep

I've been participating on this ng since 1999, and yet I don't feel
that there is anyone here who likes me very much, or values my
contributions. I don't know why that would be, though - I'm a
genuine cat-lover, I respond to other people's posts, I have a good
sense of humor, and I respect netiquette. I don't have to be everyone's
best friend, and I know that nobody can be liked by everyone, but I
keep having this feeling like pretty much everyone here has a negative
response to me for some reason.

I'll probably regret sending this because it's so revealing, and
vulnerability just draws the sadists and slimebuckets out of the
woodwork. This is Usenet after all. But 99% of the people who post
regularly here are neither sadists nor slimebuckets, so I'm just
going to take the risk. I don't plan on unsubscribing in a huff, I
like reading about everyone's cats, and I enjoy this community even
if the community doesn't enjoy me. But it still makes me sad.

So if I'm just being depressed and paranoid, please let me know
this. And if for some reason I do bug you, you can let me know that,
too, especially if it's something I can or should change. You know,
sometimes people do obnoxious things in a social situation without
even meaning to. So if I have virtual bad breath, please don't let
me keep breathing it on you!

Joyce
Old December 10th 06, 06:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

Yes it does!

And you're worrying for nothing.

Old December 10th 06, 07:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tish

Hugs Joyce. I love your posts and hearing about your kits. I hope
that you don't get negative responses to your heart-felt and honest
post. A lot of the old regulars have been very quiet of late, but
that doesn't mean we have left - I still read most posts, but RL is
such that I can't respond to many of them.

I enjoy your contribution to the group and the impression I get of you
through your writings is that you are a warm, generous, funny,
intelligent and very interesting person. I would miss you if you
left.

Tish

Old December 10th 06, 07:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

I love you Joyce ;-)

But seriously I find your input and your internet friendship very valuable
and very uplifting. I truly appreciate having you in this newsgroup and I
am very happy to call you a friend.

I don't contact too many people outside the newspost thru email but that is
me. I also feel sometimes like you mentioned in your post. I feel the
world crashing in and I truly am happy to be able to look to this newsgroup
for a ray of hope. Which it has provide many of times WHICH YOU HAVE DONE
FOR ME ALSO IF YOU REMEMBER. Thank you

BIG HUG AND A SMOOCH HEADING YOUR WAY. If it is too wet I will blames it
on the cats ( he he )

I know how it is to be depressed due to home problems I think I am going
thru a bout my self and the holidays are not helping. Thank the GODS for my
masters

Old December 10th 06, 07:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

wrote in message
[...]

I've never had any negative reaction to any of your posts. I subscribe to
five newsgroups and often skim, rather than reading each post. Also, I
seldom reply that I like a particular post. That doesn't mean I don't like
them, just that I haven't taken the time to write anything about it.

I don't want to be insulting, but I think you are being a bit paranoid. You
are a part of this group.

Joy

Old December 10th 06, 08:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lois

Joyce, I don't post all that much but read this group several times a day, I
enjoy reading about you, and your cats.

I sometimes think, oh I will respond to that post but then RL gets in the
way.

Please don't feel that way I am sure you are loved by most of us here.

Purrs and (((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))

Lois

--
http://zeotropeburmese.kiwiwebhost.net.nz

Burmese are like potato chips, you can't just have one!

Old December 10th 06, 09:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
badwilson

Joyce, I think you might just be going through a rough patch. I
certainly like you and value all your posts greatly. I missed you a lot
during your long absence and was very happy when you returned.
I just haven't been posting much lately. I'm flat out at work and with
our house building crap and also actually starting to meet people here
and aquiring a social life. I have been following the group but mostly
just lurking. My good thoughts and purrs are with everyone, always.
But I just haven't been able to post much, so I hope you don't feel
ignored by me.
Hugs and purrs,
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness

Old December 10th 06, 10:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

wrote in message
[...]

As Kindly as I can say this: you are being depressed and paranoid. Your
contributions are always valued. I'm sorry I can't say that I always read
them, but thats not personal, I barely have time to read this group any
more, much less compose a reply, I don't read all of *anybody's* posts any
more. But I read this one!

I do hope you apreciate that I did indeed read and take the time to reply to
this message, so please don't quit posting. And please get that depression &
paranoia seen to.

Hugs,

Yowie