Microwave

Old October 5th 07, 02:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

Default Microwave

I am as close to Howard hues as you can get, prefer my cats germs to most
other humans, and if they care who used the dish last, then they don't need
to eat here do they? Lee
wrote in message
jofirey wrote:

Another reason to keep bottled water around. For those that suspect
the dog and cat and people dishes all go through the same dishwasher,
and might care.

You're kidding! If something goes through the dishwasher, I consider it
to be extremely clean. It gets pounded by hot water for 40 minutes! I
would eat off a plate even if, prior to being washed, a cat had used it.
I can't believe anyone would feel different, but I guess I should know
better.

Joyce

Old October 5th 07, 04:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Granby wrote:
I posted this on another group but you guys have such a great sense of
humor, thought you might like it.

My husband NEVER liked anything he even thought was cooked in a microwave.
Therefore, until his death, is sat mostly unused except for popcorn and
warming up things. I have JUST discovered what a microwave is REALLY for.
NO, it is not cooking, it is a safe haven to put your plate, glass or
whatever when you have to go to the bathroom, answer the door or phone.
This will last until Piglet learns to open the door, and she will!

LOL! I'll have to remember that one.

Old October 5th 07, 05:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 18:35:48 -0500, Granby wrote:

A lady came to visit me the other day she said "My I wish I could keep my
counters this cleaned off" then "Oh, you have cats." Guess that says it
all, am learning;
"jofirey" wrote in message
[quoted text muted]

And...when I had mt d+g, I never had crumbs on the floor. MLB
Old October 5th 07, 07:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Matthew wrote:

Wait till they learn how to open locked doors ;-)

I wonder how many people here have any of those lamps that
can be turned on by simply touching the base? (I've found
it hard enough just to avoid the kind with a rocker switch
that sits on the floor or table!)
Old October 5th 07, 09:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

jofirey wrote:
"Granby" wrote in message
I posted this on another group but you guys have such a great sense
of humor, thought you might like it.

My husband NEVER liked anything he even thought was cooked in a
microwave. Therefore, until his death, is sat mostly unused except
for popcorn and warming up things. I have JUST discovered what a
microwave is REALLY for. NO, it is not cooking, it is a safe haven
to put your plate, glass or whatever when you have to go to the
bathroom, answer the door or phone. This will last until Piglet
learns to open the door, and she will!

We just naturally put stuff in the oven or the microwave. After
forty years of furkids, you don't leave things on the counter.

Jo

Persia doesn't jump on counters. She will, however, put two front paws on
the coffee table where I eat off a tray. I don't *dare* turn my back on
her!

Icanhascheezeburger? Yes, she can and she did. I don't like raw veggies
on my burgers nor any kind of condiments such as mustard or mayo. I merely
had a toasted bun topped with a (rather odd) pan-fried burger which
contained finely minced mushrooms, water chestnuts, soy sauce and some
cornstarch as a binder. This combination falls apart easily so a grill
wasn't a good cooking venue, although a broiler pan would have worked. I
topped with a slice of swiss cheese. I got up to grab a napkin. I was not
gone more than 20 seconds. But my burger was Thankfully I'd made more
burgers than that one. shedidhaveheezeburger LOL What a nutcase.

Jill

Old October 5th 07, 10:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"Granby" wrote in message
I posted this on another group but you guys have such a great sense of
humor, thought you might like it.

My husband NEVER liked anything he even thought was cooked in a microwave.
Therefore, until his death, is sat mostly unused except for popcorn and
warming up things. I have JUST discovered what a microwave is REALLY for.
NO, it is not cooking, it is a safe haven to put your plate, glass or
whatever when you have to go to the bathroom, answer the door or phone.
This will last until Piglet learns to open the door, and she will!

People still *cook* with their microwaves???? Wow.

As far as I knew, besides that microwave popcorn stuff, a microwave really
only has two purposes: to defrost and to re-heat. I *never* use it to *cook*
with!

Yowie

Old October 5th 07, 11:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Yowie wrote:

People still *cook* with their microwaves???? Wow.

As far as I knew, besides that microwave popcorn stuff, a microwave really
only has two purposes: to defrost and to re-heat. I *never* use it to *cook*
with!

Ditto! Although I recently discovered that slow-cooking vegetables
such as yams (ie, sweet potatoes - not sure what they're called in
different places) can cook very fast in a microwave, with very little
difference in the taste between that and baking them. So I've cooked
those in the microwave recently with good results. Takes about 15-20
minutes as opposed to an hour in the oven.

Mostly, though, I don't care much for the taste of food that has been
cooked in a microwave. The very first food I ever had cooked in the
microwave was bacon. It was completely flat. And while it didn't taste
terrible, it had a lot less flavor than bacon cooked in a frying pan.
And if bacon doesn't taste absolutely great, whatever is the point of
eating it?? I don't eat it for my health.

But I do find the microwave indespensible for reheating and defrosting.

Joyce
Old October 5th 07, 11:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

the microwave and the steamer are the only two appliances in my kitchen I
actually use, DH does most of the cooking, if he kicks off I will have to
hire someone to show me how to use the oven, honestly we have lived in this
house almost 15 years and I still am not sure how to turn on the oven, Lee

Old October 6th 07, 01:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"Yowie" wrote in message
"Granby" wrote in message
I posted this on another group but you guys have such a great sense of
humor, thought you might like it.

My husband NEVER liked anything he even thought was cooked in a
microwave. Therefore, until his death, is sat mostly unused except for
popcorn and warming up things. I have JUST discovered what a microwave
is REALLY for. NO, it is not cooking, it is a safe haven to put your
plate, glass or whatever when you have to go to the bathroom, answer the
door or phone. This will last until Piglet learns to open the door, and
she will!

People still *cook* with their microwaves???? Wow.

As far as I knew, besides that microwave popcorn stuff, a microwave really
only has two purposes: to defrost and to re-heat. I *never* use it to
*cook* with!

Yowie

They really do work well to cook or steam vegetables. Especially frozen
veggies like corn and green beans and broccoli. Plus you can cook those in
the bowl you want to serve them in or even in the package they come in. I
usually dump them into the container any leftovers will go into the
refrigerator in to start with.

Jo