Microwave

Old October 6th 07, 01:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

Default Microwave

On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 15:46:17 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

jofirey wrote:
[quoted text muted]

Persia doesn't jump on counters. She will, however, put two front paws on
the coffee table where I eat off a tray. I don't *dare* turn my back on
her!

Icanhascheezeburger? Yes, she can and she did. I don't like raw veggies
on my burgers nor any kind of condiments such as mustard or mayo. I merely
had a toasted bun topped with a (rather odd) pan-fried burger which
contained finely minced mushrooms, water chestnuts, soy sauce and some
cornstarch as a binder. This combination falls apart easily so a grill
wasn't a good cooking venue, although a broiler pan would have worked. I
topped with a slice of swiss cheese. I got up to grab a napkin. I was not
gone more than 20 seconds. But my burger was Thankfully I'd made more
burgers than that one. shedidhaveheezeburger LOL What a nutcase.

Jill

IMHO You need to put a lid on it ! Literally, I mean. MLB

Old October 6th 07, 07:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Matthew wrote:

Matthew wrote:

Wait till they learn how to open locked doors ;-)

I wonder how many people here have any of those lamps that can be turned
on by simply touching the base? (I've found it hard enough just to avoid
the kind with a rocker switch that sits on the floor or table!)

I have them spirit likes to step on them to turn them on and off but I put
the energy saver bulbs in them.

Precisely why I avoid them! (I'm a light sleeper, and my
cats are quite nocturnal - I would be constantly awakened by
lights flashing on and off.) ;-)

Old October 6th 07, 07:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

Precisely why I avoid them! (I'm a light sleeper, and my
cats are quite nocturnal - I would be constantly awakened by
lights flashing on and off.) ;-)

And you know that before long, the cats would figure out that it's
an easy way to wake you up. Why topple a lamp on your head when
they can just step on the base?

Joyce
Old October 6th 07, 10:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Granby" wrote in message
I posted this on another group but you guys have such a great sense of
humor, thought you might like it.

My husband NEVER liked anything he even thought was cooked in a microwave.
Therefore, until his death, is sat mostly unused except for popcorn and
warming up things. I have JUST discovered what a microwave is REALLY for.
NO, it is not cooking, it is a safe haven to put your plate, glass or
whatever when you have to go to the bathroom, answer the door or phone.
This will last until Piglet learns to open the door, and she will!

I do actually cook with my microwave but it's real purpose is to provide a
safe place to defrost fish/chicken.

Tweed

Old October 6th 07, 10:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

"Stormmee" wrote in news:5mlf38Fe71s0U5
@mid.individual.net:

what drug were you on when you did that??? Lee

Only young and foolish.

Andy
Old October 7th 07, 09:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

too bad, i thought it might be a good party drug if you were at someone
else's house, Lee, giggling
. ..

Old October 7th 07, 05:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On 5 Oct, 14:43, "Yowie" wrote:

People still *cook* with their microwaves???? Wow.

I use it all the time- I can even roast beef in mine (through next
time I get one I might try for a combi oven) we just almost never use
our cooker apart from the rings . In fact we're considering getting
some rings, a combi oven and dumping the cooker entirely, it's too big
for two people and we don't use the grill since we got our George
Foreman lean mean fat busting machine and the space could be shelved
to store things

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old October 7th 07, 08:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I must be the odd ball. Everyone that has one of those G F grills loves it.
Sorry, I like some fat when my meant is being cooked. To me is has no
flavor. Corse, maybe that is why I look a bit fluffy and probably you guys
don't. Oh well, can still walk five miles a day and live through it!
"Lesley" wrote in message
ps.com...

Old October 8th 07, 03:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

Granby wrote:
Corse, maybe that is why I look a bit fluffy and probably you guys
don't.

No-one who has seen me would ever say I wasn't VERY fluffy!

Lesley

Large Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old October 8th 07, 03:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

No-one who has seen me would ever say I wasn't VERY fluffy!

Lesley

Large Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I suspect that's true of a lot of us cat-slaves!

Dan
working hard to become less fluffy, with less than stellar results so far