Bad News About Archer

Old October 24th 07, 09:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Default Bad News About Archer

CatNipped wrote:
The vet just called and said that when they got the cast off they saw that
the skin on his leg was almost flayed - there's even one spot where the skin
is gone completely! They're going to keep him over the weekend so they can
leave the cast off and allow his leg to heal a bit. She said that they will
have to put another cast on because, even though the bone is healing nicely
it's still not strong enough for him to go without one.

I'm so upset - I didn't even know he was in pain! I know how much it hurts
when I've rubbed a blister on my foot but still have to walk around in the
same shoes all day - I can't even imagine how bad he much have been hurting.
I'm just sick about this. I'm second guessing myself now about agreeing to
leave him at the vet - I know they'll check on him, but he'll be there alone
and they have more than just him to see to. They're closed now so I can't
get them to say I've changed my mind.

Please, please send some healing purrs to my poor baby - and some good
thoughts to let him know that I didn't abandon him in a strange place, alone
and in pain!

I felt the same way when Soncek was ill in February. It's so hard to
leave them at the vet even if it is the best for them. I hope that
Archer is back home by now (I'm way behind with the posts) and that he
is healing nicely.
Lots and lots of healing purrs and best wishes for Archer's bones and
skin and hugs for you, CN, you are a great meowmie,
Polonca and Soncek