Three kittens at once???

Old May 13th 05, 09:37 AM

Default Three kittens at once???

Hi,

I went with my g/f and chose two kittens to join us in our home and we
go to pick them up at the start of June (can't wait). However, we
haven't had cats before but I am a cat lover and looking forward to
bringing up a couple of kits!

The problem is, there are still some kitten's left and we are now
toying with the prospect of picking another kitten from the litter
(there were three litters in the one home!) so we would then have three
of the little tykes to play with and love, and it would be one less
kitten left behind!

The problem is, I am a bit concerned about the two's company,
three's a crowd, and I wouldn't be happy if one was being left out.
I'd love it if they were all the best of friends, being littermates
and all.

Has anyone experience with taking on three kittens at once, and how did
they all get on?

Many thanks,

Old May 13th 05, 10:25 AM
Niel Humphreys

"J" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Nah, you'll have 3 times the fun and love, they'll be fine.
--

Niel H

Old May 13th 05, 03:06 PM
Karen

Nope. No problem. I say go for it. I didn't think I should have three cats.
Too many. The Pearl joined us. All cats were adults. It was a hard
integration. However, three was NOT too many. I did wish I'd had all three
of them all along. Now that Grant is gone, I'm glad I still have two. But if
you are in a position to have three (and other than vetting it's not that
much more work or expense) littermates, I say go for it.

Old May 13th 05, 04:17 PM

Karen wrote:
Nope. No problem. I say go for it. I didn't think I should have three

cats.
Too many. The Pearl joined us. All cats were adults. It was a hard
integration. However, three was NOT too many. I did wish I'd had all

three
of them all along. Now that Grant is gone, I'm glad I still have two.

But if
you are in a position to have three (and other than vetting it's not

that
much more work or expense) littermates, I say go for it.

I say go for it too, as long as the OP feels he can afford the right
vet care. Vaccinations/neutering X 3 is going to be a chunk. And
looking ahead, the chances of unexpected vet bills will be compounded
by 3. If that's all not a problem, go for it. Day-to-day care & feeding
for 3 isn't all that much more than two.
Everybody has their own personal limit on what's "too many cats". Some
people can have 25, I suppose, but it would be a full-time job. For us,
it's four. Anything over 4, and it's cat-critical-mass around here. Too
many. Right now we have five, but luckily the fifth one is one of those
goofy, laid-back orange boys. After a rough introduction, now he just
lets the other four boss him around something terrible.

Sherry

Old May 13th 05, 04:26 PM
Karen

wrote in message
oups.com...

Karen wrote:
[...]

Really? Bosley is really fitting in now huh?

Old May 13th 05, 04:30 PM

Karen wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Karen wrote:
[...]

Well, he's not exactly in the "in club" yet. He's sure not their best
friend, and he still gets on Bootsie's nerves. (but so does everyone).
But NEVER a spat. But that's probably because the aggressiveness from
HIM is completely gone. If Boots wants his spot on the cat tree, he
jumps down. All she has to do is snort at him, and he gets the heck out
of her way. He's just no trouble at all.

Sherry

Old May 13th 05, 06:14 PM
Fritti Fritti is offline
Member

Location: The Netherlands
Send a message via Yahoo to Fritti

Quote:
Originally Posted by J
[...]

I've had people bringing entire litters to me at once, and it's sure good for their well-being. They keep each other occupied, play with each other, groom each other, and they very well get along with each other. It's the very best way to get multiple cats in your house, because you can be sure the cats will like each other since they grew up with each ohter. So do it! You'll love it!
Fritti and his gang.
Old May 13th 05, 08:05 PM
Karen

wrote in message
oups.com...

Karen wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Karen wrote:
[...]

Ahhh. Sounds like Bootsie had a bit of a talk with him. That's really great

Old May 13th 05, 11:25 PM
Phil P.

wrote in message
oups.com...

After a rough introduction, now he just
lets the other four boss him around something terrible.

Passiveness must be an orange-tabby trait! My FNG 17 lb-orange tabby backs
down and gives my 5.5 lb former-feral a wide berth! LOL!

Phil