I Don't Believe it!!!!!!!!

Old October 3rd 05, 10:26 PM
Ruby Tuesday

Default I Don't Believe it!!!!!!!!

Something unusual was happening. Usually when Mico goes to pee in the
litterbox, it makes a certain sound. But today I heard the tinkle of water,
and went to see what was happening. I was hoping he wasn't peeing into the
sink. Well lo and behold, he was perched on the toilet seat with his rear
end over the toilet! I NEVER trained him to do anything like that, I always
thought that kind of stuff was just not natural. Who woulda thunk??????
Anybody else have a cat that has taught itself to pee in the toilet?

- Ruby Tuesday

Old October 3rd 05, 10:33 PM
mlbriggs

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 17:26:50 -0400, Ruby Tuesday wrote:

Something unusual was happening. Usually when Mico goes to pee in the
litterbox, it makes a certain sound. But today I heard the tinkle of
water, and went to see what was happening. I was hoping he wasn't peeing
into the sink. Well lo and behold, he was perched on the toilet seat with
his rear end over the toilet! I NEVER trained him to do anything like
that, I always thought that kind of stuff was just not natural. Who
woulda thunk?????? Anybody else have a cat that has taught itself to pee
in the toilet?

- Ruby Tuesday

Obviously a cat with high IQ. Congratulations. MLB
Old October 4th 05, 12:17 AM

Ruby Tuesday wrote:
Something unusual was happening. Usually when Mico goes to pee in the
litterbox, it makes a certain sound. But today I heard the tinkle of water,
and went to see what was happening. I was hoping he wasn't peeing into the
sink. Well lo and behold, he was perched on the toilet seat with his rear
end over the toilet! I NEVER trained him to do anything like that, I always
thought that kind of stuff was just not natural. Who woulda thunk??????
Anybody else have a cat that has taught itself to pee in the toilet?

- Ruby Tuesday

Wow. I've read about cats who've done this but haven't known any
personally. Teach him how to flush :-)
Bikkie uses the bathroom sink. I wouldn't ever train a cat to use the
toilet or sink, but hey, once they decide that's where they are going,
you can't do much about it. :-)

Sherry

Old October 4th 05, 01:38 AM
Karen

On 2005-10-03 16:26:50 -0500, "Ruby Tuesday" said:

Something unusual was happening. Usually when Mico goes to pee in the
litterbox, it makes a certain sound. But today I heard the tinkle of water,
and went to see what was happening. I was hoping he wasn't peeing into the
sink. Well lo and behold, he was perched on the toilet seat with his rear
end over the toilet! I NEVER trained him to do anything like that, I always
thought that kind of stuff was just not natural. Who woulda thunk??????
Anybody else have a cat that has taught itself to pee in the toilet?

- Ruby Tuesday

Our cat Patches learned on his own. No one believed me until they saw
it too. Unfortunately, he died of FeLV a few months later. But he was a
smart cookie.

Old October 4th 05, 02:13 AM
Candace

Ruby Tuesday wrote:
Something unusual was happening. Usually when Mico goes to pee in the
litterbox, it makes a certain sound. But today I heard the tinkle of water,
and went to see what was happening. I was hoping he wasn't peeing into the
sink. Well lo and behold, he was perched on the toilet seat with his rear
end over the toilet! I NEVER trained him to do anything like that, I always
thought that kind of stuff was just not natural. Who woulda thunk??????
Anybody else have a cat that has taught itself to pee in the toilet?

My cat Scottie's biological brother, Jack, did, too. His mom said she
was combing her hair, etc. one day in the bathroom and he came in, got
on the toilet, squatted, and went. I've lost touch with her so don't
know if he continued to do it.

Candace

Old October 4th 05, 02:29 AM
Brian Link

On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 17:26:50 -0400, "Ruby Tuesday"
wrote:

Something unusual was happening. Usually when Mico goes to pee in the
litterbox, it makes a certain sound. But today I heard the tinkle of water,
and went to see what was happening. I was hoping he wasn't peeing into the
sink. Well lo and behold, he was perched on the toilet seat with his rear
end over the toilet! I NEVER trained him to do anything like that, I always
thought that kind of stuff was just not natural. Who woulda thunk??????
Anybody else have a cat that has taught itself to pee in the toilet?

- Ruby Tuesday

While this is pretty cool and useful for the time being, you should
try to entice him back to his litterbox.

If Mico is lucky enough to live to be a senior cat, he may start
having trouble hopping up there - he could slip and fall in, etc.

Toilet-training cats sounds like a good idea, but it's potentially
dangerous as the cat ages. =(

BLink
Old October 4th 05, 03:00 AM
Karen

wrote:

[...]

I imagine as long as you leave a litter box available it'll be fine.
Patches used both.

Old October 4th 05, 06:23 AM
Rhonda

That was good!

Rhonda

Nomen Nescio wrote:

No, but I once suggested to my wife that we train
TK to use the toilet.
"Oh great!" she said. "The last thing I need around here is
another guy with bad aim at 3 in the morning".