Trixie RB (1995-2005)

Old October 31st 05, 02:58 PM
M Elizabeth

Default Trixie RB (1995-2005)

"~^Johnny^~" wrote in message
news
She was 10 years old, and died from
complications of asthma.

Trixie always loved the oudoors, and hated being kept inside.
Here is the last good picture I got of her, shot on
Jul 04 2000, when she was in her prime.

http://www.shuttercity.com/public/g/...s/trixie%2Ejpg

A few more pictures will be uploaded shortly.

--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info

~~~~~~~~
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries
of life: music and cats." -Albert Schweitzer
~~~~~~~~

I am so, so sorry for your loss. A candle is lit.

Old October 31st 05, 04:58 PM
Dan M

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 21:47:44 -0800, ~^Johnny^~ wrote:

She was 10 years old, and died from
complications of asthma.

I am so very sorry. She was a beautiful girl.

Old October 31st 05, 06:33 PM
Karen

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE FOR GOD'S SAKES??????

"No More Retail" wrote in message
om...
!ROFLMAO! John Hancock you so funny your post are giving me such a rib
tickling thanks

Old October 31st 05, 07:14 PM
Irulan

A candle will be lit for the lovely Miss Trixie's safe journey to the RB.
She will be happy there.
Lily & her mama
Jazz, RB

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old October 31st 05, 07:15 PM
~^Johnny^~

[SPOILER] -sad-

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 01:17:42 -0500, "cybercat"
wrote:

"~^Johnny^~" wrote in message
news
She was 10 years old, and died from
complications of asthma.

Johnny, she was so lovely. I am sorry you had to lose her.
If you would be so kind, could you tell me what sort of complications from
asthma she had? My cat has it, and it worries me. (If you would prefer to
answer via email this one works.) Thank you.

You just gotta be ready. Hope for the best, and expect the worst.
I know it sounds ironic, and perhaps crazy, but...

She went so fast, I'm not sure. I know two of the complications were
probably pneumonia and congestive heart failure, judging by the
symptoms and their rapid onset, but it happened so quickly, I
couldn't even get her into an emergency vet. (I live in a rural town,
close to a small town that is semi-rural, and horses seem to take
priority in this county).

It was Sunday afternoon, and the vet could see us Monday. But there
was nothing I could do... I knew she was slipping away. DW did
manage to get home in time, to see Trixie alive. Trixie hung on long
enough to say goodbye. For this, I am grateful.

Since Trixie was adopted as an adult, and was never litterbox trained
as a kitten, she wanted to be let outside, as usual, so DW let her
out. She ran off, as usual, as if to "do her thing". Later, DW
went to let her in, but she wasn't in her usual spot on the porch.
She said: "don't worry, I'll find her", and went out calling her.

Within minutes, from outside the kitchen window, I hear DW scream:
"Oh, my God! John, please come out here! She's gone!"

She had curled up in the water heater shed of the house next door, to
die. She didn't want to die in front of us. Some cats are like that.

We buried her that evening in the back yard.
Next morning, DW got to call the vet and cancel the appointment.
It was just too difficult for me to do, at the time.

;`(

Trixie is survived by her four gregarious step-siblings:
Nelda, Sisko, Boudicca, and Trisha.

Oddly enough, Trixie was not part of the clan. She was rather put
out by the other four. She was pretty much a loner. I think a
previous owner might had abused her. ;`(

Old October 31st 05, 07:35 PM
PatM

I'm so sorry. I'm glad she knew she was loved.

PatM

Old October 31st 05, 07:51 PM
cybercat

"~^Johnny^~" wrote in message

[SPOILER] -sad-

It was indeed. Thank you for sharing your story with me. I think I will err
on the side of caution and take my girl in to the vet whenever I hear
congestion, and hope that helps protect her. But as you say, (and as my own
doctor has said) you just never know with asthma.

Old October 31st 05, 07:56 PM

wrote:

She was 10 years old, and died from
complications of asthma.

Trixie always loved the oudoors, and hated being kept inside.
Here is the last good picture I got of her, shot on
Jul 04 2000, when she was in her prime.

http://www.shuttercity.com/public/g/...s/trixie%2Ejpg

A few more pictures will be uploaded shortly.

John, I am so very sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you.

Blessings,

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
Animals in Movies Website)
Old October 31st 05, 09:09 PM
Jane

Oh, she was beautiful!! I'm so sorry to hear this.
She knew she was cherished.

Jane

Happy 2005 All :-\)Liz Cat anecdotes 16 January 3rd 05 02:06 AM
Meditation 2005 Online Class 1 Classes commence 1 January 2005 =============== Meditation 2005 Online Class 1 Classes commence 1 Cat health & behaviour 0 November 29th 04 02:43 PM
Meditation 2005 Online Class 1 Classes commence 1 January 2005 =============== Meditation 2005 Online Class 1 Classes commence 1 Cat health & behaviour 0 November 26th 04 06:27 AM
Meditation 2005 Online Class 1 Classes commence 1 January 2005 =============== Meditation 2005 Online Class 1 Classes commence 1 Cat health & behaviour 0 November 19th 04 08:47 AM
Sierra Blue - December 30, 1995 - September 1, 2004 Newfield Kitties Cat community 25 October 23rd 04 03:16 AM