Cat food to fatten up senior cat

Old November 15th 07, 04:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
kraut

Default Cat food to fatten up senior cat

My Kitty is like 16 years old and weighs 6.3 pounds. When I took her
in off the street at 4 years she weighed 6 pounds after having her
kittens. She is a small framed tortie and eats and everything. She
went to vet last month for dental and had all the usual tests done for
a cat her age. Liver, kidney, etc tests all come back in normal range
plus she had 2 teeth extracted and all her shots.

I would like to see her put on a couple pounds (I may be worrying
about nothing) and was looking for suggestions for food that might do
that. I have three other cats that do not need more weight.

I presently keep food for her in separate room where she stays mostly
but is open to all and needless to say the other help her eat her food
even though I keep their food else where that Kitty can also eat if
she want.

I feed her Science Diet senior plus Fancy Feast canned. The other get
Friskies Feline Favorites dry plus Fancy Feast also. As said they can
eat each other but Kitty mostly eats her own cause when she comes out
the others harass her so she pretty much stays in her room except at
night.

Any suggestions. Someone recommend giving her canned kitten food.

TIA

My babies:
http://members.aol.com/larrystark/

Old November 15th 07, 04:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Daniel Mahoney[_2_]

Any suggestions. Someone recommend giving her canned kitten food.

TIA

My babies:
http://members.aol.com/larrystark/

If you can keep the others away, kitten food might indeed help. I don't
know that you'd want to keep her on it, but for a little while, just until
she put a little weight, might not hurt.

Dan
Old November 16th 07, 01:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
kraut

[...]

Kitten food is good. There's also a type of cat food that you can buy
from the vet which is supposed to have all kinds of extra nutrition as
well as a very appealing taste and smell (well, appealing to cats; it's
not appealing to humans!), but the cat I bought it for didn't like it at
all. Isn't that always the way with cats?

A couple of pounds is a *lot* for a cat to gain - if the vet thinks
she's healthy, she might just naturally be a small cat.

Thanks for all the answers. I shall call vet tomorrow and ask about
it even through she (Vet) said she was in good shape.

Old November 20th 07, 02:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Halloo Mr. Kraut. Itz beenz awhile sinz u posted, you beenz ik? Piglet
said you had surgerie a whilez bak. Willow had surgeriez
too."kraut". O. T. sayin

Old November 20th 07, 01:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
kraut

Halloo Mr. Kraut. Itz beenz awhile sinz u posted, you beenz ik? Piglet
said you had surgerie a whilez bak. Willow had surgeriez
too."kraut". O. T. sayin

Oh yes. Open heart surgery (Triple bypass) but we are all doing a lot
better now and more or less trying to settle settle in for winter.
These old bones (63) can not take the cold like they used to.

http://members.aol.com/larrystark/

Old November 20th 07, 08:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Hi diz iz O. T. Da gramby knowz about bonez dat age and da kold. Ouch,
stopz hitting myownhead Piglet. Well her iz dat ole, Ouch OK I wil stops
(behind hiz paw, meanz ole cat)