I am so angry (vent)

Old October 31st 03, 09:22 PM
MaryL

Default I am so angry (vent)

I am so angry!! This isn't a problem where I need any advice, but I need to
vent. Some of you know that I adopted a beautiful blind kitty (Duffy)
several months ago. Today I had my windows and carpets cleaned. I used the
same man who has done this cleaning for a number of years -- but this will
be my last time. First he started to laugh when he saw the cat tree I got
for Duffy and Holly. I could handle that alright -- I am not emotionally
attached to furniture. However, when I explained that Duffy is blind and
what I was trying to accomplish with some of the cat furniture, he started
laughing again and laughed so hard he couldn't stop. He would stop
momentarily, then say "A blind cat -- that is so funny -- why didn't you
just get rid of it and get a healthy cat" and would laugh again. When I
would intervene, he would say "I'm sorry," then start laughing uproariously
all over again and say, "But it's just so funny that you would spend all
that money on a blind cat."

This whole thing made me so angry I can hardly describe what I feel. What
kind of heartless monster would react like that?? Anyway, it will be his
last time here. I am going to find someone else for the future.

--
MaryL
(take out the litter to reply)

Photos of Holly and Duffy:
http://tinyurl.com/8y54 (introducing Duffy to Holly)
http://tinyurl.com/8y56 (Duffy and Holly "settle in")

Old October 31st 03, 09:34 PM
Karen M.

Oh my God! What a total a*shole!! I hope you call and tell them exactly
why you're not using them. And maybe send them some cat poop in a paper
bag...

Old October 31st 03, 09:38 PM
rrb_091903

MaryL wrote:
[...]

I can understand how you feel some people are so heartless! I know you
didn't ask for advice but if you haven't already I would consider
calling the business owner and explain just why they lost your business.
At the very least it might make you feel better. Take care.

rrb

Old October 31st 03, 09:40 PM
Sherry

This whole thing made me so angry I can hardly describe what I feel. What
kind of heartless monster would react like that?? Anyway, it will be his
last time here. I am going to find someone else for the future.

--
MaryL
(take out the litter to reply)

Mary, I am so sorry that happened to you. You were much more gracious than I
would have been. I'm afraid I would have thrown him out of my house, and called
to lodge a complaint with the company. What it is, is sad really. He sounds
actually very ignorant, in the sense that he's just not very bright and has no
empathy or compassion. Think what his poor family puts up with. Sheesh. This is
making me angry, too and I wasn't even there.
When he said "Why don't you get rid of it and get a healthy cat"..youshould
have said, "Why don't I just get rid of YOU and hire a decent human being.
There's the door."

Sherry

Old October 31st 03, 09:43 PM
Joe Canuck

MaryL wrote:
[...]

I would have suggested to him that if he couldn't show some respect in
my home then he better pack up and leave.

If he continues to carry on with this attitude there won't be much of a
business left.

--
"Its the bugs that keep it running."
-Joe Canuck

Old October 31st 03, 09:45 PM
MaryL

"rrb_091903" wrote in message
MaryL wrote:
[...]

This *is* the business owner. It's a very small cleaning business with only
the owner and 2 or 3 employees. He has now lost a steady customer -- and I
am still mulling over the question of whether I should call or write to let
him know *why* he has lost a customer of several years' standing. He
already knows I am upset by his attitude, but I did not tell him that this
was his last time here.

MaryL

Angry and Depressed Ginger-lyn Summer Cat anecdotes 36 December 13th 04 10:01 PM
Just a Vent Jeanette Cat anecdotes 26 August 10th 04 03:56 PM
RJ is angry with me Singer709 Cat anecdotes 2 January 16th 04 05:54 AM
[OT] Just needed to vent Yowie Cat anecdotes 56 November 23rd 03 08:06 AM