I HATE DOGS!!!

Old September 6th 05, 11:16 PM
---MIKE---

Default I HATE DOGS!!!

On nice days I usually go for a four mile speed walk. A neighbor of
mine has rottweiler (sp) who is usually chained up. Today, when I went
by, his owner had let him loose for a short time. He came at me
aggressively and bit me on the arm. Now, one doctor's visit and one
tetanus shot later I have a very sore arm. The owner was VERY
apologetic and said that the dog will never go loose again. I HATE
DOGS!!!

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44=B0 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old September 6th 05, 11:58 PM
LauraM

Don't hate dogs. Hate the owners.

Old September 7th 05, 12:35 AM
JQ

Definately it's the owners fault! Don't hate dogs, they are innocent
creatures. Treated badly by owners is the only cause for bad behaviour.
JQ

Old September 7th 05, 01:14 AM
Alison

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
On nice days I usually go for a four mile speed walk. A neighbor of
mine has rottweiler (sp) who is usually chained up. Today, when I
went
by, his owner had let him loose for a short time. He came at me
aggressively and bit me on the arm. Now, one doctor's visit and one
tetanus shot later I have a very sore arm. The owner was VERY
apologetic and said that the dog will never go loose again. I HATE
DOGS!!!

That must have ben scary and painful too
It's the owner who is to blame, not the dog. I feel sorry for it
chained up all the time
Alison

Old September 7th 05, 04:16 AM

---MIKE--- wrote:
On nice days I usually go for a four mile speed walk. A neighbor of
mine has rottweiler (sp) who is usually chained up. Today, when I went
by, his owner had let him loose for a short time. He came at me
aggressively and bit me on the arm. Now, one doctor's visit and one
tetanus shot later I have a very sore arm. The owner was VERY
apologetic and said that the dog will never go loose again. I HATE
DOGS!!!

---MIKE

I have to chime in too and say "Hate the owner, not the dog." I don't
care for rottweilers either; they're just so big and have such a bad
reputation though I'm sure most of them are docile.
Sorry about your arm; hope it heals well. Dog bites are really prone to
infection; take care of yourself. Did the dog have to go into
quarantine? Was it current on its shots?
I sure hope the neighbor did more than apologize; I hope he paid for
your tetanus shot. He should have.
Sherry

Old September 7th 05, 01:23 PM
---MIKE---

I sure hope the neighbor did more than
apologize; I hope he paid for your
tetanus shot. He should have.
Sherry

Actually, the owner insisted on my taking a hundred dollar bill (I tried
to refuse it without success). All the medical expenses will be covered
by Medicare.

Regarding "bad" owners - some dog breeds (Rotts and Pit Bulls) are noted
for being unpredictable regarding aggression. No matter how docile they
may seem, they are prone to sudden attacks. I can see NO reason for
their existence. A good friend has several greyhounds (retired from
racing) and they are great dogs. They don't bark and are very gentle.
My arm is feeling better this morning and the bleeding has stopped. The
dog IS up to date on his rabies shots.

Old September 7th 05, 01:49 PM
Janet B

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 08:23:41 -0400,
(---MIKE---), clicked their heels and said:

Regarding "bad" owners - some dog breeds (Rotts and Pit Bulls) are noted
for being unpredictable regarding aggression. No matter how docile they
may seem, they are prone to sudden attacks.

Not even close. Dogs always have a reason to bite, and any dog can
bite. The chaining of dogs is conducive to building frustration and
agitation. Runner (and speed walkers) are often the moving target of
such frustration. It isn't the breed, it's the owner's lack of proper
containment and training.

I can see NO reason for
their existence.

They're pretty nice dogs, as breeds (Rottis and Pitbulls).

A good friend has several greyhounds (retired from
racing) and they are great dogs.

Some of them are. Some don't get rescued for a reason. They can bite
too, and are prone to aggression towards cats and other small animals
(not all of them obviously). Generalizing is never a good thing.

They don't bark and are very gentle.

SOME of them are very gentle. Some (especially if they did well on
the track) can be quite formidable.

The GH's one sees on a daily basis have been carefully screened before
placement. Also, as a condion of adoption, and common wisdom,
you're not going to see them off leash in an open area for the most
part. Nor chained - they can slip a plain collar easily and tying on
a martingale wouldn't be wise.

--
Janet B
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com
Old September 7th 05, 03:03 PM
Phil P.

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
I sure hope the neighbor did more than
apologize; I hope he paid for your
tetanus shot. He should have.
Sherry

Actually, the owner insisted on my taking a hundred dollar bill (I tried
to refuse it without success). All the medical expenses will be covered
by Medicare.

I'd still sue the ******* because he tried to buy you off cheap. If you
feel funny about accepting the money from the law suit- donate it to a
no-kill shelter. You'll be helping a lot of cats.

Hope your arm is ok.

Phil

Old September 7th 05, 04:56 PM
---MIKE---

Phil wrote:
I'd still sue the ******* because he tried
to buy you off cheap. If you feel funny
about accepting the money from the
law suit- donate it to a no-kill shelter.
You'll be helping a lot of cats.

The problem is he is an old friend. In 1974 I gave him his first ski
lesson (he was ten years old then). He offered to pay my medical bills
too but Medicare will cover them.